Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

8 minutes ago, tracy said:

I highly doubt it.

"William Harry Fletcher, age 90, died Thursday, August 29, 2013. He was born December 20, 1922 in Columbus, Ohio to the late Harry and Exie (Moulton) Fletcher. He was a 1940 graduate of North High School and was a 50 year member of New England Lodge #4 F&AM and Past Patron of Worthington Chapter #287 O.E.S. Bill retired from the Ohio Insurance Institute and was a faithful member of the Old North High Club."

Does this sound like an actor to you? More than likely an IMDb editor just grabbed the death date of a random 1922-born William Fletcher without doing any research.

I agree with you, but since his page was changed by someone? I decided to inform you

18 minutes ago, tracy said:

Does this sound like an actor to you? More than likely an IMDb editor just grabbed the death date of a random 1922-born William Fletcher without doing any research.

There appears to be a dangerous idiot who reads this forum then goes away and does their own original research, gets everything wrong then submits it to IMDb... and they accept it. <_< 

Rephrasing an earlier query, is anyone willing to find the information that establishes a date of birth and/or death for Robert Clarke? The actor who was in the original Star Wars film back in 1977.

He also went by the names of Robin Clarke and Robert Carrick, if that is of any help.

On 15/03/2021 at 15:44, Ulitzer95 said:

3) Paul Muller (IMDb) actor – Swiss, though appeared mainly in Italian films. Last credit was in 2015.

Apparently his page has been updated with a date of death, there are so many speculations that he is dead, also his name is found in the register of deaths in Tivoli according to historical researchers. Although they do not consider it as a "reliable source"!

There are old photos on social media, very few, but they were taken before 2016!

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Apparently his page has been updated with a date of death, there are so many speculations that he is dead, also his name is found in the register of deaths in Tivoli according to historical researchers. Although they do not consider it as a "reliable source"!

There are old photos on social media, very few, but they were taken before 2016!

No, no, no.

Let me phrase correctly. 

"historians found his name in the register of deaths in Tivoli according to AN UNSOURCED EDIT ON ITALIAN WIKIPEDIA".

I honestly give up with IMDb. Seems that the staff over there are not bothered about having an accurate database; they just accept pretty much any submission, regardless of whether it has anything to back it up.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I honestly give up with IMDb. Seems that the staff over there are not bothered about having an accurate database; they just accept pretty much any submission, regardless of whether it has anything to back it up.

I don't get how IMDB processes each submission. There are a lot of times where I have submitted an entry's birthday and death from which came from Facebook's posts (mostly from reliable researchers and relatives of the actor). They would either not accept both submissions or they would accept one of the dates but not the other. And they came from the same Facebook post.

I have also uploaded them a picture of an obituary of an actress for her birthday because it came from private post but they immediately reject it even though it matches the name and date of death on their database.

• Like 2

Is Pakistani Chairman Joints Chief of Staff Committee Iqbal Khan (wiki) still alive? His wiki page has not a date of birth and his name is so common it makes it difficult to find news, anyway his predecessor and successor died in their late 90s, so still hope for him.

On 03/09/2022 at 19:42, drol said:

Is Pakistani Chairman Joints Chief of Staff Committee Iqbal Khan (wiki) still alive? His wiki page has not a date of birth and his name is so common it makes it difficult to find news, anyway his predecessor and successor died in their late 90s, so still hope for him.

I believe so. There's a 2022 book on Google that refers to him in the current tense. Also similar publications from 2009 and 2011 which do the same.

• Like 1

Right, time to address this one.

Don Kennedy (wiki / IMDb)

IMDb says he was born as Donald Kennedy in Beaver, Pennsylvania on June 8, 1920 and died on October 30, 1991 (aged 71). This is utter nonsense.

The Don Kennedy who was born in Beaver, Pennsylvania was the American radio personality, who was born March 2, 1930, and is still living. I can't find a single record of a Donald Kennedy born on June 8, 1920 so I don't know where that comes from. As for the death date... the Donald Kennedy who died on October 30, 1991 was a DONALD JAY KENNEDY who was born on 24 June 1919 and he died in Minnesota. So IMDb is very confused.

So there is virtually nothing online about this guy anywhere. No media coverage, obit etc. so we need something to start from. On this fan website about The Rifleman, a series which Kennedy starred in, it repeats the incorrect information that he was supposedly born on June 8, 1920 in Beaver, Pennsylvania. However, it also states that he was the son of actor Tom Kennedy (wiki, 1885–1965). Let's assume this to be true for now, and prove it later.

don_kennedy.jpg.25997239acc207870dd574d9da1f7a34.jpg
Here are two pics of Don Kennedy in The Rifleman.

tom_kennedy-assailants.jpg.eb68b913bfc8084868d71afdbd2845f8.jpg
And here's a picture of Tom Kennedy, also featured in The Rifleman.

If you ask me, they're a spitting image of one another, but let's check. Using info on Wiki/IMDb, Tom Kennedy was married to Frances Marshall and had four children with her. We find them all listed on this family tree; Mary (b. 1916), Madeline/Madelain (b. 1918), Donald (b. 1921) and John (b. 1928).

Using the mother's maiden name of Marshall, we can pull up all their birth records to prove this.

Mary
Madelain
Donald
John

Note they were all born in Los Angeles, CA, where their father would have worked as an actor. NOT in Pennsylvania. Don's record confirms he was born on September 3, 1921 as DONALD F. KENNEDY.

Mary died aged 11 in April 1927. Her FindAGrave page here cites the flu pandemic as the cause of her death.

Next to fall was the father, Tom, in 1965. Here's his newspaper obituary:

img.jpeg.ee340beef57ee7c01ddc2dba5a035bc2.jpeg

It mentions the survivors being his widow Frances, his daughter Madelyn (or Madeline/Madelain), and two sons; John and Bud. Bud must have been a nickname for Donald/Don. It mentions that both John and "Bud" are "film workers".

There really is nothing on Don/Donald/Bud after this point, minus his filmography. His last credit was in 1988, which would put him around 67 when he retired. Family trees on Ancestry state that he died in 2014 or 2015 but they don't list a date and it looks like information based on contributors trying to recollect a year more than anything else.

Using his DOB of Sep 3, 1921, we find his death information listed on MyLife. He died on April 3, 2013 (aged 91) in Del Mar, CA. In the 2014 Special Issue of SAF-AFTRA magazine, he's listed on page 96 as Donald Kennedy and it confirms the date of death is correct.

• Thanks 6

On 17/07/2022 at 09:53, Lafaucheuse said:

Sabine André might have turned 109 back on the 25th of june but nothing new on here. I don’t know What to think about her but I keep scrutting her wiki page as I’m sure one day we’ll find that she just died or that she disappeared years ago…

More on Sabine André : a video of a song from a 1941 movie was posted on YouTube a month ago and I found this comment which stapulates that Sabine was born in 1908 (despite Wikipedia and Bnf database stating 1913) and died in 2011. Don’t know What is the veracity of this but I tend to believe it, don’t know Why. Anyway, she could have died a centenarian ! 

A49C9BD9-C660-4C74-A4B4-6CE3DA5DC76B.jpeg

• Like 1

The GRO Index has been updated to include all deaths up to the end of 2021 (remembering that not all Dec 2021 deaths will be included if they weren’t registered until 2022). 

Anyone want any names checked?

• Like 3

The GRO Index has been updated to include all deaths up to the end of 2021 (remembering that not all Dec 2021 deaths will be included if they weren’t registered until 2022). 

Some actresses with a Wiki page over 90 and 80 who retired years ago? 

Vera McKechnie (Wiki)

Ann Morish (Wiki)

Dorothy Bromiley (Wiki)
Ruth Trouncer (Wiki)
Elvi Hale (Wiki)
Denyse Alexander (Wiki)
Sally Bazely (Wiki)
Mary Germaine (Wiki)
Barbara Archer (Wiki)

Shirley Jaffe (Wiki)
Jill Dixon (Wiki)
Shirley Cain (Wiki)

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Some actresses with a Wiki page over 90 and 80 who retired years ago? 

Vera McKechnie (Wiki)

Ann Morish (Wiki)

Dorothy Bromiley (Wiki)
Ruth Trouncer (Wiki)
Elvi Hale (Wiki)
Denyse Alexander (Wiki)
Sally Bazely (Wiki)
Mary Germaine (Wiki)
Barbara Archer (Wiki)

Shirley Jaffe (Wiki)
Jill Dixon (Wiki)
Shirley Cain (Wiki)

None of them appear. More than half of these I wouldn’t expect to die off radar anyway.

Producer Norman Spencer?

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Producer Norman Spencer?

Checked him earlier. Doesn’t appear, but he’s still listed in the residency records on 192.

Is actress Betty Chay still alive? I can't find any record of her death, but if she is still alive, she'd be 120, turning 121 in December.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Is actress Betty Chay still alive? I can't find any record of her death, but if she is still alive, she'd be 120, turning 121 in December.

I’ll assume that’s a joke.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What about script department worker Elaine Schreyeck (IMDb) born 1924, appeared four years ago in some documentaries, seems to be alive ?

7 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

I can give you the honest answer and tell you she was probably pushing up daisies from before either of us were born.

Or, if you'd like, she's living it up on a remote desert island somewhere at 120, sipping on tequila sunrises with Elvis, Lord Lucan and D. B. Cooper. Which would you prefer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/09/2022 at 00:49, Ulitzer95 said:

I can give you the honest answer and tell you she was probably pushing up daisies from before either of us were born.

Or, if you'd like, she's living it up on a remote dessert island somewhere at 120, sipping on tequila sunrises with Elvis, Lord Lucan and D. B. Cooper. Which would you prefer?

Both :P lol. Also, I was born in the late 70s. So, chances are, she could've still been alive, then. lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

What about script department worker Elaine Schreyeck (IMDb) born 1924, appeared four years ago in some documentaries, seems to be alive ?

Doesn't appear in the GRO Index.

Listed on 192:
"Elaine C Schreyeck

ER 2002-22
Ilford, Essex"

So still alive in 2022.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Doesn't appear in the GRO Index.

Listed on 192:
"Elaine C Schreyeck

ER 2002-22
Ilford, Essex"

So still alive in 2022.

When someone really dies, does 192 delete or remove their address?

Just now, Gisooo said:

When someone really dies, does 192 delete or remove their address?

Nope.

I think "ER" = "estimated residence (dates)". So it's their belief she's still at an address in Illford as of the start of this year. In theory if she died tomorrow then next year it wouldn't say "ER 2002–2023" for that address. It would just stop at 2022. 192 is incomplete though. One thing that's often missing is nursing homes, so when someone disappears from there it doesn't mean they're dead necessarily, just that their address isn't publicly recorded. It's a good tool to find out if someone is alive, not so good a tool to find out if someone is dead... if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Or, if you'd like, she's living it up on a remote dessert island

I love the idea of a dessert island.

• Like 1