Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

27 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

This seems the most appropriate thread.

May I bring to the attention of those reading the existence of actors Jon Rumney (IMDB) and Jules Walter (sometimes credited under Jules Walters) (IMDB). Of my shadowlist, these are the two most likely to die off my radar. If they do, please could it be reported on the forums so that I am aware. Thank you in advance.

Jon Rumney has been active in signing autographs, the last time was 2018. Since then, nothing, anyway he is still active in movies and series, plus now in 2022 he appeared in an episode. His death may one day be covered by the press or Equity Magazine.

Jules Walter seems like a name that could die off the radar. I noticed that he has been part of Doctor Who in some episodes. I guess the Doctor Who Twitter page can post it.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 15:44, Ulitzer95 said:

23) Margaret Banks (IMDb) choreographer – Canadian with credits during the 50s and 60s, including on West Side Story and The Andy Williams Show. A tribute was held for her in 2019 according to this Facebook page which made me suspect she had died. She married actor-dancer Tommy Wonder (died 1993) and set up a ballet society in Nevada, which leads me to her death record on Ancestry: Margaret May Banks/Wonder b. 30 Aug 1924 in Vancouver, Canada, d. 28 Jun 2005 (aged 80) in Reno, Nevada.

Finally Margaret page is updated.

• Thanks 1

On 15/03/2021 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

3) Elisabeth Waldo (IMDb) violinist and composer – living, marked as having died in 2020 on geni but I've never found that site reliable. Surely it would have been reported?!

Waldo was definitely alive as of Christmas 2021, as you can see her performing at a Christmas concert here: I've now bothered to read the video description, this is a "virtual celebration" containing old footage, but Waldo herself appears at 3:41. Looks and sounds insanely good for someone who was 103 (104 now), so I have to assume she is still alive. Exotica doesn't have the same genre pull as it did in the mid-90s but you'd guess she'd still get the NYT obit.

• Like 3

I see John Bartha has been solved/updated. Thank you for whoever did the research on that! I'd be interested in how it was figured out. I will note Wiki has him alive, but now has the correct birth year.

Glad I didn't pick him for The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. 

On 19/12/2021 at 12:04, Lafaucheuse said:

More on Sabine Andrée : she was born Sabine Eiffling in 1913, this site has an article on her from 1940. They are pretty much up to date on every others actors and actress, some of whom are just unknown but they still manage to get their date of birth or death. It comfort me in my intuition that she is still alive ! 
anyone care to investigate with me ?

4A7182FF-D087-43AC-8F0F-3CF589C7881A.jpeg

Sabine André might have turned 109 back on the 25th of june but nothing new on here. I don’t know What to think about her but I keep scrutting her wiki page as I’m sure one day we’ll find that she just died or that she disappeared years ago…

34 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Sabine André might have turned 109 back on the 25th of june but nothing new on here. I don’t know What to think about her but I keep scrutting her wiki page as I’m sure one day we’ll find that she just died or that she disappeared years ago…

My guess. She got married and changed her name. In all likelihood this person is long dead.

16) Bridget Sellers (IMDb) wardrobe supervisor – English, born as Bridget Kent in Kingston (then part of Surrey) and married Ernest Sellers (he died in 1984). Notable credits include Dr. Strangelove and the Pink Panther films. Last one was in 1985. Now, there's a Bridget Sellers who was born in 1922 and died in Surrey on Nov 2, 2013 (aged 91). Is this her? Probably, but because BFI, IMDb etc. don't have a full DOB for her it's not possible to know for sure. Someone would have to order the death certificate and look at the widow information on it to get a concrete answer.

21) Audrey Strauss (IMDb) actress – Canadian. Better known as the first wife of the late American actor Robert Strauss until their divorce in 1960. Just one acting credit, in Stalag 17, in 1953 alongside her husband. Born as Audrey Bratty in Toronto. Can't trace her sadly.

17) Sandhya (IMDb) actress – Indian star of Telugu/Tamil cinema. Died in 1971 as per her full bio on IMDb so god knows why they haven't added it to her main stats section.

2) Larry Storch (IMDb) actor – American. Usually gets wheeled out annually but didn't this year for his 98th in January. Still signing autographs though. Hmmm...

16) Peter Brook (IMDb) director – English filmmaker. Married to actress Natasha Parry until her death in 2015. Last appeared in a 2019 documentary.

Some new updates to the list

Bridget Sellers on 2013 at 91

Audrey Strauss - seems like she died in 2003 in New York

Sandhya - finally updated 

Larry and Peter - are known

• Thanks 1

On 15/03/2021 at 19:44, Ulitzer95 said:

7) Wally Campo (IMDb) actor – appeared in The Little Shop of Horrors, last credited role was in 2011 so I assume living! If nothing appears in the next couple of years I'll revise this.

Wally Campo was probably born in 1923, not 1921. In a 1943 article from the College of the Pacific, a thespian named "Wally Campodonico" gets a fleeting mention. Given that the book "The Story of American International Pictures" gives Campo as majoring in drama there, it seems likely that's him. There's a "Wallace J. Campodonico" in the CA birth records born on April 23, 1923 in Alameda County, and per public records, he resides today as a 99-year-old in Valley Village/North Hollywood in LA.

The IMDB date appears to have been plucked from a guy named "Walter Campo" who can indeed be found with that DOB in the CA birth records, but the college mention of "Campodonico" make it highly unlikely the actor was born with that last name, and I don't see any records for a Walter Campo who appears to live today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering whether Stephen Slevin is still alive.

In 2005, a 57-year-old Steven, with depression, decided that he would drive to anywhere, he just needed to get away in the hopes that he would feel better. Shortly into his road trip, he started drinking, and was arrested in New Mexico for DUI. He was placed in a padded cell and kept under observation for most, if not all, of the day. Sometime later, for unknown reasons, he was moved to solitary confinement, where he was kept, awaiting trial. For months, he remained in his cell, being allowed to write home and being an all-round nice person to the few humans he met, most, if not all, of the time guards. After a while, however, he started suffering from hallucinations and grew ever more anxious to find out when he was going to be freed. He would bang on the door, begging to be answered, and he never was. In 2006, he was temporarily released, now a depressed, decaying mess of a man, and taken to another location, where he could be treated and speak to a lawyer. Initially, it seems he had no recollection of his time in solitary confinement, but after some time the memories started to return and he begged his lawyer to ensure that he didn't return, but these attempts were futile. In 2007, his trial finally happened and charges were dismissed, most likely because the judge took pity on him. Around this time he sued the prison and walked away with millions. Around this time, he was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and has retreated into a more private life. It is highly unlikely that he is still alive, but if he is he could be a good submission for dead pools. He would be about 74 if still alive. 

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I was wondering whether Steven (Stephen?) Sleaven (Sleven?) is still alive.

In 2005, a 57-year-old Steven, with depression, decided that he would drive to anywhere, he just needed to get away in the hopes that he would feel better. Shortly into his road trip, he started drinking, and was arrested in New Mexico for DUI. He was placed in a padded cell and kept under observation for most, if not all, of the day. Sometime later, for unknown reasons, he was moved to solitary confinement, where he was kept, awaiting trial. For months, he remained in his cell, being allowed to write home and being an all-round nice person to the few humans he met, most, if not all, of the time guards. After a while, however, he started suffering from hallucinations and grew ever more anxious to find out when he was going to be freed. He would bang on the door, begging to be answered, and he never was. In 2006, he was temporarily released, now a depressed, decaying mess of a man, and taken to another location, where he could be treated and speak to a lawyer. Initially, it seems he had no recollection of his time in solitary confinement, but after some time the memories started to return and he begged his lawyer to ensure that he didn't return, but these attempts were futile. In 2007, his trial finally happened and charges were dismissed, most likely because the judge took pity on him. Around this time he sued the prison and walked away with millions. Around this time, he was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and has retreated into a more private life. It is highly unlikely that he is still alive, but if he is he could be a good submission for dead pools. He would be about 74 if still alive. 

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

• Like 2

Is he still alive? 

He made news for being in solitary confinement for two years in spite of severe depression and other mental health issues and then suing the prison for it. He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in 2008. There is a small chance he is still alive, but if anyone else would like to look into this I would be most grateful. 

48 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Is he still alive? 

He made news for being in solitary confinement for two years in spite of severe depression and other mental health issues and then suing the prison for it. He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in 2008. There is a small chance he is still alive, but if anyone else would like to look into this I would be most grateful. 

He’d be 68 if still alive, not 74.

And a really quick Google reveals he died prior to 2020 from the cancer. Whoever he was…

• Thanks 1

I saw some recent discussion regarding Thelma McKenzie. So I decided to type in "oldest living Australians" because surely if she is still alive she would be somewhere on that list. I did and I found this

https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_oldest_living_people_in_Australia

Dunno how good it is but if it's good then her absence from this list basically proves that she is dead.

• Like 1

The problem is Cricket Archive use an age counter on their biographies and because she's missing a date of death, hers says "age 107" next to her DOB. The general consensus on Wiki is to accept this as proof that they're living, which is very silly given that loads of cricket players on there with the same age counters have since been revealed to have died years ago. E.g. Flo McClintock (b. 1916) who was for ages listed as a centenarian in various places but in fact died in 2008, aged 92 under a different surname. Because the CricketArchive site has an age counter on it, McKenzie's Wiki page can be listed on List of Living Centenarians, and it can include centenarian categories on it – both of which have further perpetuated this myth that she is alive. Since then it's spread further on Twitter and Facebook.

Auto generated age counters on sports reference sites are not reliable in the slightest, and this is an overlook on Wiki. On many football sites they do the same thing, some of their bios even say ridiculous things like "age 114" etc. and of course they're not, they're long dead. Long story short, I tried to move Thelma McKenzie into the possibly living category a few years ago and @Canadian Paul vetoed it. Now that she would be 107+ and doesn't appear on the report of Australian centenarians (for anyone living there aged 107+), I'd go further and argue that she should technically be marked as deceased on her Wiki page.

PS Bad luck to the team who picked her in the DDP this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was Thelma McKenzie in the 1940s, where it references her husband George. The McKenzie mentioned before who died in 2018 was widow to a Ken McKenzie. (Yes, she could have married twice, but an official obit like that would mention both.) And here's a reference to her daughter Lesley being born in 1948. I mention this aloud because frankly we have all the details you'd need to solve this case if it were a UK one! Ulitzer, how's the Australian records on Ancestry? They were bloody shit a decade ago when I last looked them up! (See also the Canadian ones.) The two Thelma McKenzies are two different people. And both are (almost certainly) dead now.

• Thanks 1

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

Lachhman Singh (10 January 1922) India, Rajya Sabha member 1996-2002, a relatively small amount of time ago. However he was 80 then, he'd be 100 now if still alive. DEAD 2006

Manmohan Tudu (14 January 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1971-1972 and 1980-1984. English wikipedia says he's 100, Odia wikipedia says he died in January 2007 just before his birthday at 88.

Harinder Singh (20 January 1922) India, Punjab opposition leader 1969-1971. Wikipedia page says "Died: Not known" DIED 1972

Tulsiram Kamble (8 March 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1962-1977.

Dhireswar Kalita (22 April 1922) Assam communist leader, very likely long dead. DEAD 1997

Narendra R Deoghare (2 May 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1967-1971. Likely long dead.

Ramji Lal Yadav (5 May 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1977-1980.

Achmad Adnawidjaja (5 June 1922) Indonesia, Suharto-era politician. Dead on Geni but Geni has been incorrect before.

Ronda Narappa Reddy (29 August 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1957-1962

Baksi Nayak (11 September 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1971-1977.

Gulabrao Jedhe (9 December 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1960-1967.

Hari Charan Soy (19 December 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1962-1967. DEAD, 1999

Heera Bhai (25 December 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1977-1980 and 1989-1991. DEAD, 1995

Bhaurao Dagadurao Deshmukh (29 Dec 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1962-1971

Rituparna Kishore Das (1922) India, Raja of Chhuikhadan 1940-1947. Likely long, long dead.

Mandala Venkata Swamy Naidu (1922 1919) India, Lok Sabha member 1962-1967. Judging on how his wikipedia page is written I assume he's long dead. DEAD, unknown date.

Sankar Narayan Singh Deo (1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1971-1977.

(From this point on I'll exclude the ones who were just Rajya/Lok Sabha members. There's an overwhelming amount of them)

Kamichetty Savithri (26 February 1923) India, Yanam politician DEAD UNKNOWN, BEFORE 2018

Nazih Deif (4 March 1923) Egypt Nasser-era Minister. DEAD 1992

Jong Chang-ryol (1923) NK politician and four star general. Was alive in 2010, could've died since.

Iqbal Singh (1923) India, Lok Sabha member 1954-1970, deputy minister of petroleum in the sixties. Likely dead. DIED 1988

Mahipal Shastri (19 January 1924) India, Governor of Gujarat in 1990. DIED 1994

H. W. Dissanayake (3 February 1924) Sri Lanka/Ceylon former Member of Parliament. DIED 1985

S. K. K. Suriarachchi (5 February 1924) Sri Lanka/Ceylon former Member of Parliament DIED 1991

Amir Murtono (7 July 1924) Indonesian Suharto-era politician, former chairman of Golkar. DEAD 2021

Charu Mihir Sarkar (31 August 1924) India, West Bengal politician.

K. D. David Perera (19 November 1924) Sri Lanka/Ceylon former Member of Parliament.

Sawar Khan (1 December 1924) Former Governor of Punjab (Pakistan)

Tamara Ilangaratne (15 March 1925) Ceylon/Sri Lanka politician, former Member of Parliament, widow of T. B. Ilangaratne. DIED 2000.

Abeyratne Pilapitiya (25 May 1925) Sri Lanka, Governor of Uva and Sabaragamuwa CM in the 80s and 90s. Seems to have been alive when his wife died in 2019.

Nathuram Shakyawar (14 November 1925) 1980s Indian member of parliament who took part in the Quit India Movement during WWII. DEAD 2005

Thiounn Mumm (8 December 1925) Cambodia, Pol Pot-era politician, intellectual who personally knew Pot and somehow survived his rule. "Thought to be alive" 2 years ago. DEAD 2022

Don Edwin Malawaraarachchi (27 December 1925) Sri Lanka/Ceylon former member of parliament

Mohammed Saeed Al Mulla (1926) UAE politician, Unification Minister in the 70s.

Tin Sein (1926) Myanmar Deputy Defence Minister in the 1980s. His son is married to Than Shwe's daughter and is active on facebook. Died August 2020.

Abdul Wahed Sarābi (1926) Former VP of Afghanistan.

Hashim Aqrawi (1926) Iraqi Kurdish politician. DIED 1990

S. S. Abeysundara (14 April 1927) Sri Lanka/Ceylon politician.

T. B. Jayasundera (4 May 1927) Sri Lanka/Ceylon former Member of Parliament. DIED BEFORE 2009

Muhammad al-Sufi (1927) Syrian military figure and Minister of Defence in 1963. DIED 2018

Hossein Tabib (1927) Iran pre-revolution politician and former member of parliament.

G. D. Mahindasoma (19 February 1928) Sri Lanka, 1st CM of the Northern Central Province 1988-1996 DEAD before 2006

Nijmeddin Dajani (7 August 1928) Jordan's former trade minister and ambassador to Germany.

Kamal Rana (1928) First woman in Nepal's senate, 1959-1960.

Shafiqa Ziaie (1928) Afghanistan, minister multiple times in the 1970s, second woman to become a member of the Afghan govt.

Sumanapala Dahanayake (4 February 1929) Sri Lanka former member of the parliament DEAD before 2008

Ashoknath Banerji (7 October 1929) India, Karnataka governor 1983-1988 DEAD 2006

Hari Anand Barari (1929) India, Governor of Haryana 1987-1989. Died in 2016. 

Md. Reazuddin Ahmed (1929) Bangladeshi politician. Marked living on wikipedia but the page also says he's dead. DEAD 1997

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

This was Thelma McKenzie in the 1940s, where it references her husband George. The McKenzie mentioned before who died in 2018 was widow to a Ken McKenzie. (Yes, she could have married twice, but an official obit like that would mention both.) And here's a reference to her daughter Lesley being born in 1948. I mention this aloud because frankly we have all the details you'd need to solve this case if it were a UK one! Ulitzer, how's the Australian records on Ancestry? They were bloody shit a decade ago when I last looked them up! (See also the Canadian ones.) The two Thelma McKenzies are two different people. And both are (almost certainly) dead now.

Still bloody shit, sadly. As @Gisooo said, the Ryerson Index is the best bet but we need to know her married name first.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, arghton said:

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

Mordechai Bibi (1 July 1922) Member of Israel's Knesset 1959-1974. No 100th birthday confirmation.

(List not ready)

I would say you could scrub him off. The Knesset website is very thorough. They've got death dates for all members who have passed on, so pretty certain he's alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Hari Charan Soy (19 December 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1962-1967.

(List not ready)

Soy died 7 October 1999 as per page 15/16 on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Heera Bhai (25 December 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1977-1980 and 1989-1991.

(List not ready)

Bhai died on 25 December 1995 (his 73rd birthday) as per this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Manmohan Tudu (14 January 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1971-1972 and 1980-1984. English wikipedia says he's 100, Odia wikipedia says he died in January 2007 just before his birthday at 88. The second option makes much more sense.

(List not ready)

This confirms that Tudu died in early 2007.

• Like 1

Sonomyn is very much alive and cranky! Here's him interviewed in 2020. He seems to be considered a sort of military hero in Mongolia, so no doubt his death won't go unreported.

I'd be very very surprised if Rahimuddin Khan was dead too. He is way too big and infamous.

Jong Chang-ryol is a 50/50 I'd say. If he is still around he'll receive a 100th birthday spread next year, if his birth date is correct.

• Like 1

Here's Sonomyn in May last year. Has clearly declined in the last few years.

m3js9g6.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arghton said:

Nazih Deif (4 March 1923) Egypt Nasser-era Minister.

(List not ready)

A old unsourced edit on Wiki said that Deif died in 1992 in Massachusetts. 

Searched the death records, and it's true. Exact match on name and DOB here. He died in Framingham, Massachusetts on November 10, 1992, aged 69.

• Like 1