Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2016

eLZhkqF.png

Spade - you total fucking hero!

Who says dead poolers are uncaring sick closet cases?

• Like 1

eLZhkqF.png

Alleged Deadpool player David Quantick?

eLZhkqF.png

Alleged Deadpool player David Quantick?

No shit, you mean he actually wrote a decent bit of satire? Go DQ!!

My pick Alfred E Mann has died now:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-alfred-mann-obit-20160226-story.html

I can't quite get a handle on the Deathrace, my picks die too late.

Your opinion of when they die might not be shared by those close to them.

• Like 1

Or even The Grim Reaper.

Or "DDT" as I believe he prefers to be known this century.

• Like 1

eLZhkqF.png

Fuck that, whose this 'Duchenne family support group' and what sort of obit will the cunt get?

eLZhkqF.png

Fuck that, whose this 'Duchenne family support group' and what sort of obit will the cunt get?

Duchenne is the doctor who did enough research into Muscular Dystophy to get his name on a particular condition.

As to the kind of obit the cunt will get, depends on which cunt I'd say.

• Like 2

Just realised that I got my first yesterday with George Kennedy not today (on another game) with Tony Warren but George Kennedy is my first hit on this game.

Just realised that I got my first yesterday with George Kennedy not today (on another game) with Tony Warren but George Kennedy is my first hit on this game.

Aye, respect; a good pick and one who could have paid off anytime.

• Like 1

Well with Martin Crowe may I officially claim '2nd place' (first loser)??

SC

• Like 1

If so, I guess I'm the second loser.

SC

Glad you raised that - because, basically, it all stops on the winning day, so the podium is as it was then. If you dig into the rules you'll see there's even an exclusion clause supporting that and stating no death subsequently proven to have taken place earlier can overturn it.

Oh aye, and...

I have a cunning plan for a new dead pool based on a really brutal division of winning and losing - but more of that in late May.

• Like 3

SC

Glad you raised that - because, basically, it all stops on the winning day, so the podium is as it was then. If you dig into the rules you'll see there's even an exclusion clause supporting that and stating no death subsequently proven to have taken place earlier can overturn it.

Oh aye, and...

I have a cunning plan for a new dead pool based on a really brutal division of winning and losing - but more of that in late May.

I have a great idea for a DP as well but fear I won't be able to administer it with all that goes on in my dreary life. Maybe I'll give her a go though. I want to finalize the concept first then present it. It'll be soon, as I want it to start apart from Jan 1.

SC

SC

Oh aye, and...

I have a great idea for a DP as well but fear I won't be able to administer it with all that goes on in my dreary life. Maybe I'll give her a go though. I want to finalize the concept first then present it. It'll be soon, as I want it to start apart from Jan 1.

SC

I'm loving the explosion of creativity around the whole dead pool theme. Death eh; delicious hot, disgusting cold.

SC

Oh aye, and...

SC

I'm loving the explosion of creativity around the whole dead pool theme. Death eh; delicious hot, disgusting cold.

I had an idea for one myself but I was thinking more end of Summer starting time.

It'd also be "self-service" deadpooling, in a manner of speak, so perfect for a lazy sod like me.

SC

Oh aye, and...

SC

As long as you're not even less efficient than the Hares Death Pool I won't complain.

• Like 1

I would've been at 1570 now.

I would've been at 1570 now.

Aye, and I'd have been updating just about every team on the board, many of whom would have cashed in their jokers.

• Like 1

Bound to be too busy around Christmas for yet another new pool beyond these ideas, but I did like the dust pool idea of a shorter six month long pool.

I'm also fond of the sweepstake style of situation where no team has the same duplicated picked name. Like picking horses out of a hat for the grand national.

A draft pool where, during the course of a whole month of say June you get only one chance per day to add too, and gradually build to your unique team of thirty. Each day, the time of opening the draft window changes, in a rolling fashion, so that no one nation gets preferential benefit of time zone on a first-come first-served basis. If you found your named member had just been nabbed by a faster fingered poster then you still get the chance to re pick for another person for that position. Thus on the 1st of June the window opens at 1am GMT. 2nd June 2am. Till the 24th of June which would be Midnight. The final six daily draft Windows would be in four hourly mismatches.

25th pick. 25th June 4am.

26th pick. 26th June 8am.

27th pick. 27th June Noon GMT

28th pick. 28th June 4pm

29th pick. 29th June 8pm

30th and final pick 30th June Midnight

Late starters or missed picks due to any "away from keyboard" holidays, can back fill their team at any time upto the next appropriate available gateway.

All teams would only be able to have one national of any one particular country on their squad.

Plus all teams would need to have no one of their 30 with a similar aged team mate. Thus you can't bank on an extra old foggie team.

Scoring would be 100 basic points for a death and with a bonus score of a point for each year they were younger than the oldest person alive.

Bound to be too busy around Christmas for yet another new pool beyond these ideas, but I did like the dust pool idea of a shorter six month long pool.

I'm also fond of the sweepstake style of situation where no team has the same duplicated picked name. Like picking horses out of a hat for the grand national.

A draft pool where, during the course of a whole month of say June you get only one chance per day to add too, and gradually build to your unique team of thirty. Each day, the time of opening the draft window changes, in a rolling fashion, so that no one nation gets preferential benefit of time zone on a first-come first-served basis. If you found your named member had just been nabbed by a faster fingered poster then you still get the chance to re pick for another person for that position. Thus on the 1st of June the window opens at 1am GMT. 2nd June 2am. Till the 24th of June which would be Midnight. The final six daily draft Windows would be in four hourly mismatches.

25th pick. 25th June 4am.

26th pick. 26th June 8am.

27th pick. 27th June Noon GMT

28th pick. 28th June 4pm

29th pick. 29th June 8pm

30th and final pick 30th June Midnight

Late starters or missed picks due to any "away from keyboard" holidays, can back fill their team at any time upto the next appropriate available gateway.

All teams would only be able to have one national of any one particular country on their squad.

Plus all teams would need to have no one of their 30 with a similar aged team mate. Thus you can't bank on an extra old foggie team.

Scoring would be 100 basic points for a death and with a bonus score of a point for each year they were younger than the oldest person alive.

Hmm, complex but compelling, my forthcoming idea is simple and brutal, see below:

So, I'm planning Maryport's Midsummer Madness Dead Pool.

Basically, entries open in late May, stay open for three days or until I get 20 entrants (I'm the 21st). Everyone gets ONE pick on a first come first served basis, so line up a load of picks in case the top ones are gone. After which the pool goes live on 1st June as a sweepstake and if we can't find a winner by midsummer's day we're all losers - cos it'll be the low-hanging obit rules beloved of Deathrace regulars.

Entries strictly limited, so if you're snoozin' you're losin' kinda thing and keeping (metaphorical) powder - like maybe the selection of Paul Daniels - dry only means someone else will light it.

• Like 1

A single team - one name! No theme teams! - wow - I like it.

A single team - one name! No theme teams! - wow - I like it.

Aye, dead pooling's answer to thrash metal, or summat.

Sounds interesting, MPFC, I'll certainly take a look at the time.