Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Don't get too excited but I am preparing a list of Privy Concil members appointed before 1980.

Will post soon.

f991ac7c26937b73092ade66b4a7d23f.gif

4 people saw a cock and liked it

This situation of ex chancel er Helmut Kohl is quite severe. He had hip surgery and now is suffering from complications. He entered hospital in May and is still there. This could well be anther sitting duck which we didn't enter in the list.

Edit:

I stand corrected. He is on the list. Move on people, nothing to see.

Don't get too excited but I am preparing a list of Privy Concil members appointed before 1980.

Will post soon.

I did say don't get too excited.

Thanks for that Spade great thing to see on your works computer at lunchtime in an open plan office.

Olaf Pooley has caused a delay in posting. Need to update my work game. Maybe tomorrow.

According to Twitter, Alexis Tsipras said that, whatever happens, the Greeks will still have oxygen next week, so they'll survive:

https://twitter.com/NikiKitsantonis/status/614833661444259840

I wonder if someone thinks that this should not be true for Tsipras anymore...

An amusing joke doing the rounds:

Angela Merkel arrives in Athens airport.

"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.

"German," she replies.

"Occupation?"

"No, just here for a few days."

• Like 1

According to Twitter, Alexis Tsipras said that, whatever happens, the Greeks will still have oxygen next week, so they'll survive:

https://twitter.com/NikiKitsantonis/status/614833661444259840

I wonder if someone thinks that this should not be true for Tsipras anymore...

An amusing joke doing the rounds:

Angela Merkel arrives in Athens airport.

"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.

"German," she replies.

"Occupation?"

"No, just here for a few days."

You mean this joke?

OK here it is.

A list Privy Council Members who were appointed before 1980. Originally I was going to take this back 30 years but there were just too many of them.

There are 39 in total including 2 women. Many of these have already been discussed previously but there are some commonwealth appointments who are new to me. Be warned one of them doesn't even qualify for his own Wiki page so obits are not guaranteed. I have listed them with their names but on Wiki they are listed under their titles which is why this list is not strictly alphabetical.

• Doug Anthony
  • Peter Carrington
  • Alun Gwynne-Jones
  • Robert Lindsay
  • Roger Edwards
  • Denzil Davies
  • Edward Du Caan
  • John Eden
  • Prince Philip
  • Norman Fowler
  • Roy Hattersley
  • Denis Healey
  • Michael Heseltine
  • Terrence Higgins
  • Geoffrey Howe
  • David Howell
  • Patrick Jenkin
  • Michael Jopling
  • Gerald Kaufman
  • Peter Kenilorea
  • Tom King
  • James McKay
  • John Morris
  • Roland Moyle
  • Ronald Murray
  • John Nott
  • Turlough O’ Donnell
  • Sally Oppenheimer-Barnes
  • David Owen
  • Jim Prior
  • James Ramsden
  • William Rogers
  • Robert Sheldon
  • Ian Sinclair
  • Michael Samare
  • David Steel
  • Ninian Stephen
  • Prince Charles
  • Shirley Williams

What do you mean you have fallen asleep.

I intend to get myself onto the Privy Council so I can live forever just like this lot.

• Like 2

I fell asleep on the privy once...there's a log of it somewhere....

• Like 3

Andal Ampatuan Sr., a philippine clan leader, sort of a war-lord, has died of advanced liver cancer:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/524370/news/nation/mangudadatu-on-andal-ampatuan-sr-may-he-rest-in-peace

I added him to my list just two weeks ago, since they said he had about 3 to 6 months to live. His violence made it to the BBC news a couple of times.

Edit: Another example that the Daily Mail simply copies every Reuters news, no matter whether they are relevant to the UK or not: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3165987/Former-governor-dies-trial-Philippine-journalist-massacre.html

Betty Wright, the above Jim Wright's wife has now also died. She was 91. http://www.kxxv.com/story/29578307/betty-wright-wife-of-former-us-house-speaker-dies-at-91

• Like 1

Betty Wright, the above Jim Wright's wife has now also died. She was 91. http://www.kxxv.com/story/29578307/betty-wright-wife-of-former-us-house-speaker-dies-at-91

If living without her husband is wrong, she don't want to be Wright.

SC

• Like 4

It's time someone stuck up (fnar fnar) for Lord Sewell; 69, still smoking, still able to perform with two prositutes and - going by the tabloid reports - a man who has done at least ten lines of coke in the last fortnight.

His career in public service might be over, but - fuck knows - the man seems impressively robust!

It's time someone stuck up (fnar fnar) for Lord Sewell; 69, still smoking, still able to perform with two prositutes and - going by the tabloid reports - a man who has done at least ten lines of coke in the last fortnight.

His career in public service might be over, but - fuck knows - the man seems impressively robust!

and he seems to have managed to get Lords reform back on the agenda.

Connecticut officials are mourning the death of former veteran state Sen. Eileen Daily. She was 72.

Daily served nearly 20 years in the General Assembly, including as co-chairman of the powerful Finance Revenue and Bonding Committee. She retired in 2012, saying public office had become physically demanding since being diagnosed with cancer.

SC

Former Michigan lawmaker Harry Gast, a straight-talking Republican who served for 32 years and led the state Senate's budget panel his final 18 years in the Capitol, died Thursday. He was 94.
SC

Edward Heath is now being discussed with respect to historic child abuse allegations

Unlikely they will connect the dots between Ted Heath's regularity of purchases of anchor chain for Morning Cloud and the times children of the Haut de la Garenne care home in Jersey went missing.

P.S. Heath had 5 yachts called Morning Cloud. Conveniently Number 1 and 3 sank within 3 days of each other in 1974. Salt water and microorganism must get everywhere, shame its been 40 years, if only the other three could be found then they could be tested for traces of DNA and maybe matched to surviving parents of about 100 missing children who were sent into care and never heard of again.

• Like 1