Sign in to follow this  
Sir Creep

Sumner Redstone

Oh, that I still live to see the day...

4 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Oof my 14th hit, RIP Mr Redstone...

Now this is who Deathlist committee should've had at no.48 when they started running out of ideas, not fucking Bill Gates' dad.

It's Sumner Time!

Both Sumner and Stanley Ho obtained a ridicolous number of obit in every lanaguage. Would have been great DL picks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve said:

Couldn’t agree with you more, I stand by what I said the other day Bill Gates’ dad surely is one of the worst picks ever!!

Unless he dies in which case it's a genius pick !

Gates Sr. wasn’t a very imaginative pick but given that he has advanced dementia, I don’t think he should be dropped now. If he doesn’t die this year, he’ll go in 2021. It would just be another miss if he’s switched in with someone else.

Let’s be honest, would anyone really care if Gates was dropped and become a Deathlist miss? He’s definitely the most wtf Deathlist pick I’ve seen in my times on the forums. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Let’s be honest, would anyone really care if Gates was dropped and become a Deathlist miss? He’s definitely the most wtf Deathlist pick I’ve seen in my times on the forums. 

Depends. Isn’t the point of the List to score the most hits per annum and between drops/substitutions, try and minimise misses to the lowest number possible?

Yeah, but you got to keep in mind that Deathlist does have to have a bit of a standard on fame and not allow everyone to get on. Say (to use an example of a recently deceased ill person) the Deathlist ended up picking Alauddin Ali this year. There’s no way in hell he ever would’ve gotten a QO (and he didn’t get a UK obit), but would someone like him really be an acceptable pick? I doubt it. Also, would you think that Taylor Swift’s mum is deathlisty? Or Sherrie Hewson’s brother? 
If the Deathlist was just trying to get the most hits I think it’d lose some of its charm. Of course, there will be annoying misses that people are mad about, but that’s how the list goes. Plus, there’s a reason so many people got mad at Gates dad being on the list. And for good reason too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Unless he dies in which case it's a genius pick !

Don't feed the troll.

From the front page:

This is DeathList 2020. Below is a list of 50 celebrities which the DeathList committee has selected for their likelihood to pass away during 2020. DeathList has a few rules: Candidates must be famous enough such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media; Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die imminently and only 25 candidates can reappear from the previous year’s list.

Right.  It says "celebrities", which imo Gates senior is not. 

Since they specifically exclude FFBI, I am surprised that "family of the famous" aren't also excluded (unless they are notable for other reasons).

But the Committee has form for the occasional weird pick, eg Ruby Mohammed who afaik wasn't famous for anything at all.