Albee, James Cronin, Caroline Thomson, Frederick Holliday and Carr is the full list. Ciampi suffers from being too Italian.

Three of those died a few weeks ago. They've a backlog to get through, clearly.

True story, George Melly was featured on Last Word less than 24 hours after it was announced he had died. The interviews for that Last Word took place in Melly's home...while his dead body was still there.

• Like 1

When will Michel Delpech be on?

• Like 5

When will Michel Delpech be on?

*checks DDP*

February 2017, hopefully. :D

• Like 2

Interesting episode. As seems to be the norm, the lesser known folk came across as far more interesting than the "headliner". I like how James Cronin's life appeared to have been "drink whisky, drink whisky, come up with Nobel Prize winning idea, drink whisky".

• Like 1

The Charmian Carr was a bit lazy I thought, just stringing together old radio interviews and ending with the inevitable song. Whilst I didn't know she'd designed Michael Jackson's bathroom (black - interesting), they could have tried for a contemporary quote (or maybe Andrews/Plummer wouldn't/couldn't).

Doesn't Andrews live in America nowadays? She doesn't tend to reply to mail either these days. As for Plummer he's a bit above their paygrade...and really, really, really hates The Sound of Music.

• Like 1

Doesn't Andrews live in America nowadays? She doesn't tend to reply to mail either these days. As for Plummer he's a bit above their paygrade...and really, really, really hates The Sound of Music.

He doesn't look forward to buying the Xmas Radio Times then.

Unless an even bigger name dies, there is no doubt Arnold Palmer will headline this weeks Last Word

• Like 1

Definitely the first big week since Gene Wilder died. First Arnold Palmer, now Shimon Peres, and there are a few other people who could die at any moment

• Like 1

Peres to lead, Palmer second methinks. But who else will make it?

Herschell Gordon Lewis and a Terry Wogan retrospective?

• Like 1

Wonder if Jackie Sewell will sneak in on a "last surviving player from 'The Match of the Century'" tip.

• Like 2

Peres then Palmer. But who else? I have to go and beg for the hospital to take my wisdom tooth out. I'll be catching the podcast version later.

Knowing their tastes, someone random like the former Archdeacon of Loughborough.

(And this no-namer will turn out to be fascinating, which is, of course, the whole reason behind the show...)

• Like 3

Unsurprisingly, Shimon Peres and Arnold Palmer are on this weeks show

• Like 1

Palmer 3Rd!!!??

Not only that, but Palmer was beaten by some person I've never heard of. I don't think her death was reported to deathlist, and she doesn't have a Wikipedia page even.

• Like 1

Nathelie Evans - it was the PG chimps wot done it! The woman was associated with an iconic TV advert which is a better claim to fame than a lot of DP picks. And there was an obit http://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2016/09/23/nathalie-evans-co-founder-of-twycross-zoo--obituary/

Neville Marriner absolute nailed on certainty to headline this week unless the Pope, Liz or Macca snuff it. Ann Emery will probably ghost in this week.

• Like 1

Neville Marriner absolute nailed on certainty to headline this week unless the Pope, Liz or Macca snuff it. Ann Emery will probably ghost in this week.

Rod Temperton might take the show now.

• Like 1

Rod Temperton might take the show now.

I agree (maybe Thriller at the end), probably David Herd as well.