It's a check on Chess. It's Alexander, Hanoi Hannah, Ian Mercer, Joseph Harmatz and Joan Marie Johnson this week. There must be a method for selecting the obits but I haven't worked it out yet. Enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Frankly amazed Sternberg wasn't included, but I'll have him as a banker for next week.

• Like 1

Method - Noteworthy people, who tend to be a few steps below your "tributes were paid today" mentions on the national news, but who had interesting or quirky life stories esp academics and bishops. Otherwise, barring people so big they can't avoid them, its down to the whim of the editor!

• Like 1

I'm thinking Alexander, Chess, Gary Sprake, maybe Dave Colclough and as a throwaway Valerie Hunter Gordon.

I presume they won't want to do Emery and Alexander in the same episode.

Having held her back thus far I'm assuming not, but who knows (unless you're the producer of the show).

No but I do think they should do a TV version. One evening a week. I am thinking Sunday on BBC4. They should start at about 9pm with a Last Word type show where they show 4 x 15 minute min bios for four recently deceased celeb followed by a TV show or movie closely associated with one of them and then finally late into the night they have the Deathlist show where we look at the whole issue from an irreverent and competition based format.

Is there anything better on?

I like it. Let's work up a pitch. Can't see the BBC taking it though even if we avoid cancer mums.

I'm thinking perhaps a Fantasy Football League-style show, celebrities come in and discuss how their DDP teams are doing, listmania posters as Statto, joeyruss as David Baddiel.

• Like 3

So, LOADS of archive of Dave Cash at the BBC

He's nailed on next week, right?

Method - Noteworthy people, who tend to be a few steps below your "tributes were paid today" mentions on the national news, but who had interesting or quirky life stories esp academics and bishops. Otherwise, barring people so big they can't avoid them, its down to the whim of the editor!

I understand how people make the list ie dead, it's the 'how cold they are' before they get on the show that I can't work out. BTW I only need one more for 1000 likes (hint, hint).

• Like 1

As for next week, I'd be shocked if countess spencer isn't on then.

I understand how people make the list ie dead, it's the 'how cold they are' before they get on the show that I can't work out. BTW I only need one more for 1000 likes (hint, hint).

Liked for the gall...

But anyhow, it's all relative, I presume, depending on when they die, who they were, and who dies around them. Which is why we had some academics who died in March showing up around summer in the show, due to the deluge of deaths from that time period. I think the longest wait I can recall this year was about three months for Robert McNeil Alexander.

• Like 2

Liked for the gall...

But anyhow, it's all relative, I presume, depending on when they die, who they were, and who dies around them. Which is why we had some academics who died in March showing up around summer in the show, due to the deluge of deaths from that time period. I think the longest wait I can recall this year was about three months for Robert McNeil Alexander.

:champagne:

Alexander didn't make the top spot. You can't accuse this show of being populist.

I'd say right now Jimmy Perry leads followed by Bobby Vee and a few other random obits.

• Like 1

I'd say right now Jimmy Perry leads followed by Bobby Vee and a few other random obits.

I have my doubts about Vee. More I cannot say.

I'm now thinking, Perry, Vee, Burns and Cash (sounds like a company of ambulance chasing solicitors).

The show isn't up yet, but the line up is. I'm guessing there was no room for Pete Burns on this one cause they want only one music person to accompanying the show.

Raine Spencer, Jimmy Perry, Stylianos Pattakos, Howard Davies, Bobby Vee, apparently.

Raine Spencer, Jimmy Perry, Stylianos Pattakos, Howard Davies, Bobby Vee, apparently.

I forgot about raine spencer actually. When she died on Friday, I was thinking she would be on the show for certain, but once Jimmy Perry, Bobby Vee, and Pete Burns died, she slipped away from the radar.

• Like 1

Apart from Silvio Gazzaniga, I can't think of anyone that is last word type. Natalie Babbit? Maybe Pete Burns?

• Like 1

Apart from Silvio Gazzaniga, I can't think of anyone that is last word type. Natalie Babbit? Maybe Pete Burns?

Prince Mikasa, Curly Putnam, Bap Kennedy, Sir Nicholas Braithwaite or Natalie Babbit could be in the frame.

Still a couple of days to go.

Maybe a key DL pick could go to the top of the pile.

• Like 1

I'm thinking Putnam and Kennedy maybe. Possibly outside chance of Victor Cannings. Probably a week to delve into the archives. Who knows, unless you're the Producer of the show.

I'm thinking Putnam and Kennedy maybe. Possibly outside chance of Victor Cannings. Probably a week to delve into the archives. Who knows, unless you're the Producer of the show.

I Don't think they will have both Putnam and Kennedy. One or the other.

I Don't think they will have both Putnam and Kennedy. One or the other.

True it's two music people but they're different stories. And it's a thin week (again).

My guess.

1. Bap Kennedy
  2. Lionel Morrison
  3. Slivio Gazzaniga
  4. Raymond Gilmour or Tony Gauci
  5. Someone from the Archives
  • Like 1

To shock us, no one we predicted is on this weeks show. Not even Gazzaniga. I'm surprised

• Like 1

Carole Blake died? Fuck, I missed that one.

• Like 1