Sign in to follow this  
Gooseberry Crumble

Class Of 1937

Class of 1937  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is my first ever thread so forgive me if it's error ridden!

I spotted a thread called the class of 1926 and I thought given we are on the cusp of 2017 hence the year that people born in 1937 turn the milestone age of 80 and that 1937 seems to be a year particularly rich in talent and iconic names etc I thought why not?

Who do you think will be the last one standing? Who do you think will be an early departer from the list?

Sorry if I've missed out anybodys favourites.

Need to add Gordon Banks just been informed!

• Like 1

Famous folk born in 1937 who are already deceased include

Jackie Collins

Merle Haggard

Hunter S Thompson

Magic Slim

Saddam Hussein

George Carlin

Donald Dewar

Yvonne Craig

Kerry Packer

Johnnie Cochran

Bobby Driscoll

Jerry Reed

Suzanne Pleshette

Went for Barbara Windsor

• Like 1

Tie between Ridley Scott and Anthony Hopkins.

• Like 1

As for early departures, I don't think Jack Nicholson has that long in him to be honest

• Like 2

Went for Barbara Windsor

I certainly don't think she's a contender for an early departure so to that extent I agree with you.

I could see Warren Beatty having a decent amount of longevity and being a contender for last one standing.

As for early departures, I don't think Jack Nicholson has that long in him to be honest

I tend to agree with that, rumours of dementia and ailing health been circulating for years and hinted at in the press.

If anyone can think of names I've left of please post and say although I'm not sure if it's possible to re-edit the poll and add them as I'm a bit of a novice!

One to add, due to the fact he's on deathlist, Mr Gordon Banks.

• Like 1

I went for Harald V, gave a speech in September and still looking quite sharp, plus Scandinavia is known for longevity anyways.

• Like 1

I went for Harald V, gave a speech in September and still looking quite sharp, plus Scandinavia is known for longevity anyways.

Am I right in thinking that his father was assassinated thus didn't have a natural death? Or was the Prime Minister of Norway? I definitely know there was a political assassination in Norway but not sure if royal one.

Went for Brian Blessed to be the last one standing for no particular reason. Watching the Man.Utd game tonight Sir Bobby Charlton is really starting to look his age, looking a bit gaunt and noticed before he is shaking and dithering, don't think he is any immediate danger of the Grim Reaper calling but be surprised if he lasted any longer then 5 years.

Jane Fonda. She seems to be fit and healthy.

Since Royalty and scandavians are known for longevity its seems reasonable to vote for the one that combines both.

• Like 1

I picked Burly Chassis (Shirley Bassey)

Am I right in thinking that his father was assassinated thus didn't have a natural death? Or was the Prime Minister of Norway? I definitely know there was a political assassination in Norway but not sure if royal one.

His father Olav V died in 1991 of heart attack. Maybe you are referring to Prime Minister Vikdun Quisling, who was executed after the war.

• Like 1

His father Olav V died in 1991 of heart attack. Maybe you are referring to Prime Minister Vikdun Quisling, who was executed after the war.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Olof_Palme

No I was getting mixed up between Sweden and Norway -The Swedish Prime Minister was assassinated in 1986.

• Like 1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Olof_Palme

No I was getting mixed up between Sweden and Norway -The Swedish Prime Minister was assassinated in 1986.

Oh, I remember. He was a great man, indeed.

• Like 1

I think someone decided to be funny and voted for all of them cause he'd be correct no matter what.

• Like 1

I think someone decided to be funny and voted for all of them cause he'd be correct no matter what.

Awe Bless lol winning must be important to them!

Barbara Steele was born in 1937. She's still alive.

I second Hammer Horror Barbara as the early departer

• Like 1

I second Hammer Horror Barbara as the early departer

Now amended.

If people think of any other names of people born in 1937 living or dead please feel free to let me know.

• Like 1