Deathray

Cat For Admin!

Should Cat be made admin?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hereby nominate that Cat O Falk be made an administrator of the forum. He's clearly more competent and/or has more free time than the current lot. Those in agreement raise your virtual hands!

• Like 1

I agree, and make YDub moderator while your at it. He has a lot of time on his hands as well.

Hah, I'm too easy going to be a mod.

It's taken me probably six months longer than I anticipated to block Sir C, for example.

Plus I'd probably have to read his pish if I was elevated. I can't do that again.

• Like 2

Tbh even if it's just for a fucking week so the swear filter is fixed, that'd be good.

On another note what happened to the supposed mod clear out.

https://forums.deathlist.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Death Star - last active 2004 (probably dead)

Stayin Alive 2 - last active 2008

Mr Stats - last active 2012 (probably dead)

Margere Heine last active in July. (probably dead)

Bouddica - last active private but last posted over a year ago

Lady Grendel - last active private but last posted over 3 months ago.

Grim Reaper has made 5 posts in a year

Josco has made a handful of posts in the past year

Stayin Alive hasn't posted since 2008 despite being last active in June

Tuber Mirum has a handful of posts in the past year, despite being active in September

Typhoid Harry hasn't posted since 2013, despite being active in October.

That leaves DDT and Paul Bearer as the only credible admins of the forum, and the only actually present ones. Definitely room for another and a good old purge.

On another note what happened to the supposed mod clear out.

https://forums.deathlist.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Death Star - last active 2004

Stayin Alive 2 - last active 2008

Mr Stats - last active 2012

Margere Heine last active in July.

Bouddica - last active private but last posted over a year ago

Lady Grendel - last active private but last posted over 3 months ago.

Grim Reaper has made 5 posts in a year

Josco has made a handful of posts in the past year

Stayin Alive hasn't posted since 2008 despite being last active in June

Tuber Mirum has a handful of posts in the past year, despite being active in September

Typhoid Harry hasn't posted since 2013, despite being active in October.

That leaves DDT and Paul Bearer as the only credible admins of the forum, and the only actually present ones. Definitely room for another and a good old purge.

I know Boudicca PM'd me once in September. And we can't remove Grim Reaper.

Steady on, Robespierre: just because they don't talk to you, how do you know they're not doing stuff, eh?

Steady on, Robespierre: just because they don't talk to you, how do you know they're not doing stuff, eh?

They don't generally (excepting DDT and Paul Bearer) appear to be regular users/contributors to the forum going by last activity and post dates. They might be busy with real life, in which case they'd surely welcome being relieved of the burden of working on this site's admin team.

Well, for one thing, one of those you mentioned is the site owner, and others were/are members of the Deathlist Committee themselves. Also, who do you think gets stuff done when DDT is away working and Paul's asleep? That's just two issues with your iconoclasm drive.

Well, for one thing, one of those you mentioned is the site owner, and others were/are members of the Deathlist Committee themselves. Also, who do you think gets stuff done when DDT is away working and Paul's asleep? That's just two issues with your iconoclasm drive.

Well leave the site owner and dismiss the rest. They aren't all members of the DL Committee, if anybody actually knew who the committee are which nobody does. Judging by the last active dates it's not these guys getting stuff done while the good mods are asleep. I'm not sure DL Committee members should automatically be granted administrative rights either.

On an admin front, I doubt that shouting or asking polls will bring any new admins. (Nor do I know if Paul can even "Admin up" someone, nor do I care, to be honest.) Not a knock on Cat, he seems cool, but remember, this is essentially a forum for a group of pals and their Deathlist, which has gone international. The rest of us are all just squatters, and nice as it is to get out of the rain, it's good to remember that.

• Like 1

On an admin front, I doubt that shouting or asking polls will bring any new admins. (Nor do I know if Paul can even "Admin up" someone, nor do I care, to be honest.) Not a knock on Cat, he seems cool, but remember, this is essentially a forum for a group of pals and their Deathlist, which has gone international. The rest of us are all just squatters, and nice as it is to get out of the rain, it's good to remember that.

But if you squat somewhere long enough you develop squatters rights and start to get a say in how the place is run...

Didn't Dr. Zorders make a similar thread once? Don't remember its exact name, but I do recall it escalating into an amusing fight or something. In any case, no changes came of it.

Didn't Dr. Zorders make a similar thread once? Don't remember its exact name, but I do recall it escalating into an amusing fight or something. In any case, no changes came of it.

Quite possible, and I think a few of the utter waste of space mods/admins were actually removed a few weeks/months later.

This is just round 2 of the revolution.

Quite possible, and I think a few of the utter waste of space mods/admins were actually removed a few weeks/months later.

This is just round 2 of the revolution.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8390-new-moderators/

We don't need new moderators, we don't need new admins and we don't need to be championing indivduals for said positions that don't exist.

That's the second time in a matter of days you have started threads when there were already existing threads that you couldn't be arsed to check out.

The only argument for more moderation is to have people on hand to continually merge threads that tarts like you create due to bone idleness or thickyness or summat.

Best thing for this one is to have it locked.

• Like 1

We don't need new moderators, we don't need new admins and we don't need to be championing indivduals for said positions that don't exist.

That's the second time in a matter of days you have started threads when there were already existing threads that you couldn't be arsed to check out.

The only argument for more moderation is to have people on hand to continually merge threads that tarts like you create due to bone idleness or thickyness or summat.

The awards one would have been tonnes of years out of date.

This thread is about a new admin, not new moderators as the other thread was.

The main argument for another admin is that the current sole admin who does anything can't be arsed to make simple, twenty second changes like turning a swear filter off. This level of apathy is cause for concern. I may well leave the forum if this shower of shit continues, and this time I mean it...

• Like 1

In your opinion, but you're a cunt. And thankfully no-one listens to cunts.

In your opinion, but you're a c**t. And thankfully no-one listens to cunts.

Cocks do.

Nice attempt to try and deflect the fact that you are a monumental bell end but the facts speak for themselves.

Cocks do.

Nice attempt to try and deflect the fact that you are a monumental bell end but the facts speak for themselves.

I noticed that you ignored my post that actually responded to your supposed objections. As any typical cunt would.

Cocks do.

I noticed that you ignored my post that actually responded to your supposed objections. As any typical c**t would.

I ignored it because it was shit, well apart from your threat to leave the forum, something you wouldn't possibly carry out.......unfortunately.

Deathray now banned at his own request.

There are no openings for admins (yet)

There are no openings for new mods (yet)

Genuine Q Paul.

I know admin is higher than mod, but what's the difference? Access to 'things'?

• Like 1