RadGuy

Thoughts On The 2017 List

We are currently running 13 days ahead of the 2015 list. The 7th hit in 2015 was 23 June so that means Errol is due on Saturday.

We are now halway towards the record and the summer solstice hasn't even hit. It will be a nail biter to see if it beats the record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

We are now halway towards the record and the summer solstice hasn't even hit. It will be a nail biter to see if it beats the record.

It will.

Fastest start I could recall...

1.       2017 – 11th June

2.       2016 – 16th August

3.       2015 – 22nd June

4.       2014 – 12th September

5.       2013 – 4th July

6.       2012 – 4th July

7.       2011 – 19th December

8.       2010 -  14th October

9.       2009 -  17th August

10.   2008 -  28th April

11.   2007 – 29th July

12.   2006 -  23rd June

13.   2005 – 16th July

14.   2004 – 7th August

15.   2003 – 29th June

16.   2002 – 11th May

17.   2001– 10th April

18.   2000 -  20th May

19.   1999 – 3rd August

20.   1998 – 17th October

21.   1997 – 5th September

22.   1996 – 22nd June

23.   1995 – 4th Jun

24.   1994 – 7th July

Not the fastest ever, but quickest route to 7/50 since 2008.

Deathlist years by number of hits

2015 (14/50), 2008 (14/50), 2003 (14/50)

2013 (13/50), 2006 (13/50)

2016 (12/50), 2012 (12/50), 2009 (12/50), 2005 (12/50), 2004 (12/50)

2014 (10/50), 2007 (10/50), 2002 (10/50), 2001 (10/50), 2000 (10/50), 1999 (10/50)

2010 (9/50), 1997 (9/50), 1995 (9/50), 1994 (9/50)

1998 (8/50)

2017 (7/50), 2011 (7/50), 1996 (7/50)

1993 (5/56), 1992 (5/37)

1990 (3/42), 1989 (3/32)

1987 (1/31)

1991 (0/40)

Though, of the years ranked above 2015 as it stands, here is the number of hits scored by expected peoples ie terminally ill, months to live types, or those who were in the news for being poorly.

1.      2003 - 6

2.      2004 - 2

3.      2005 - 4

4.      2006 - 4

5.      2008 - 8

6.      2009 - 7

7.      2012 - 4

8.      2013 - 7

9.      2015 – 3

10.  2016 – 1

11.  2017 – 3

I couldn't be bothered updating these stats in 2016 due to slowness. So what does it tell us? Fuck all. Frequently the list nabs 5-6 people in a 6 week spell, then nobody for a half year. 

• Like 4

1996 is stand out for me - 7 deaths by 22nd June, 7 deaths by 31st December.:(

If I look back at 1996 there is some flaw on the site as Jon Pertwee and Beryl Reid show as hits on the Information side of the list but weren't actually on the List for that year. 

For some years, the front page denotes misses too.

Poor 2001. Got 7 hits by the middle of April, but then it really dried up, and all it got after the huge big wave was an August hit, an October hit, and a November hit. 

2002 was the worst. 8 hits by May 23rd, but ended up with only 10!

I think we'll have a wave soon with Liz Dawn, Glen Campbell, Nobby Stiles, Leah Bracknell, King Michael, and/or Tony Booth. At the very minimum we should have 13 hits, assuming no recurring nonagenarian dies and that all terminally ill or almost certs die.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I think we'll have a wave soon with Liz Dawn, Glen Campbell, Nobby Stiles, Leah Bracknell, King Michael, and/or Tony Booth. At the very minimum we should have 13 hits, assuming no recurring nonagenarian dies and that all terminally ill or almost certs die.

That wave already began, with Brady, Noakes, Sallis, and Christie all dying within the last month, and that's only the one's who were deathlist hits. Also dead in the last month were Chris Cornell, Roger Moore, Gregg Allman, Manuel Noriega, and Adam West. I think it's safe to say the wave have already begun.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That wave already began, with Brady, Noakes, Sallis, and Christie all dying within the last month, and that's only the one's who were deathlist hits. Also dead in the last month were Chris Cornell, Roger Moore, Gregg Allman, Manuel Noriega, and Adam West. I think it's safe to say the wave have already begun.

If it has started, it will continue. We have many hits on the edge.

• Like 2

If it has started, it will continue. We have many hits on the edge.

Agreed. 

10 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

1996 is stand out for me - 7 deaths by 22nd June, 7 deaths by 31st December.:(

If I look back at 1996 there is some flaw on the site as Jon Pertwee and Beryl Reid show as hits on the Information side of the list but weren't actually on the List for that year. 

I think for those years, they noted deaths from previous years

6 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Ah but who will be the next BIG ONE?

Probably Carrington or Graham, Carrington seems to have had a bit of an ill stretch and Graham has been described as "frail"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Ah but who will be the next BIG ONE?

George Bush Sr or Hugh Hefner

• Like 1

Why do we think Hugh Hefner is dying? Other than a heart attack 22 years ago and radar reporting his "sad last days", we aren't getting any updates.

Why do we think Hugh Hefner is dying? Other than a heart attack 22 years ago and radar reporting his "sad last days", we aren't getting any updates.

Rumors that he has cancer and is dying.

Also, his old man heart could easily explode while he's smashing one of his gold-digging thotties.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Rumors that he has cancer and is dying.

Also, his old man heart could easily explode while he's smashing one of his gold-digging thotties.

Ah yes, but the rumors are the "sad last days" reports from radar. According to them, Angela Lansbury's sad last days have been about a year.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha - I wrote V-I-A-G-R-A - but I like the autocorrect forum version.

• Like 2

Thoughts about the 43 celebrities still alive:

Kirk Douglas: Still old, still frail, still think he'll die this year. 

Vera Lynn: Not as frail as we thought, but she's still 100, and that is certainly a grand age. 

Billy Graham: Getting frailer since 2006. 

Peter Carrington: Something tells me that it's his year. Must've been Denis Healey's fault. 

Prince Phillip: Looks somewhat frail, but still is doing royal duties with queen until fall. I don't think he'll make it to 100 anymore though. 

Denis Norden: Still frail and blind, surely it's only a matter of time, right? 

Pierre Cardin: Old and rusty. 

Stan Lee: Apart from the occasional health scare, he's doing fine at the moment, but the committee wouldn't want to miss someone as big as Stan Lee. 

Olivia de Haviland: She looks far better than the other 2 bedblockers at 100. I wouldn't be surprised if she's still alive ten years from now. 

Herman Wouk: I get the feeling that he's going to become the next Oscar Niemeyer (and no, please don't bring up that joke again). 

Tony Booth: Has tons of health issues, don't know how he'd still alive. 

Bob Dole: He'll make 2018, but I get the feeling he'll be a bedblocker to make 8 appearances. 

Leah Bracknell: Still has terminal cancer, still fucked. 

Jimmy Carter: By far the healthier of the two presidents, but he could always get a stroke.  

Gord Downie: Decent quality of life, but half a year is a very long time to last with glioblastoma. 

Leslie Phillips: Hasn't tweeted for a while, and that's never a good sign if you're very frail or have terminal cancer. 

Robert Mugabe: He's still being an annoying twat on the forums, but on the side of public appearance, he got a new look and looks notably frailer. 

Javier Perez De Cueller: Er, only Spade knows how he's really doing at the moment. :lol: 

Jake Lamotta: Stats show that he shouldn't be alive at the moment, yet he still is. 

King Michael: Still getting more iller with his cancer, and he's still hanging on. 

Betty White: Immortal. Let's just face that fact everyone. 

Nobby Stiles: Still alive after all of those getting slowly more frailer reports, and that's the thing with Alzheimer's, they can really hang on for a long. 

Queen Elizabeth: Unlike the Duke, I think she will make it to 100. 

Jill Gascoine: Same as Stiles, only not as frailer. 

Bob Barker: Oh, he's on there. 

Doug Ellis: Seriously just. Honestly, why is he here instead of Chirac or Clive James, or even Henry Kissinger for that matter. 

George Bush Sr: Very purple, he clearly has a lot of health issues, and I doubt he'll make it to November tbqh. 

Ian St John: No updates, but he has bladder cancer, and bladder is really not a good cancer. 

David Prowse: All I'll say is this, giants don't tend to live as long as people with an average height. 

Jerry Lewis: Another one I suspect will be a permanent bedblocker till he drops. 

Sandy Gall: Same comment as Doug Ellis. 

Pope Benedict: You know when people seem really frail, but then they look way healthier than expected. That's pope Benedict XVI for you. 

Bruce Forsyth: Notably not in public that much anymore. And he has serious health issues as well. Fats Domino: Well, just see my comments in the ideas for 2018 thread. 

Hosni Murbarak: Old twat with no trust at all. 

Desmond Tutu: African Archbishop with health issues. He also wants the right to die. Someone ominous. 

Akihito: Japanese government allowing him to abdicate. He must be a goner if they plan for him to abdicate. 

Gay Byrne: Besides being tired, nothing new on him. 

Glen Campbell: Late stage Alzheimer's, and the way his family is acting, 2017 should be his year. 

Liz Dawn: Has an operation next week. 

Valerie Harper: Still slowly dying. 

• Like 3

In 2015 the 8th death was on 25th June. That is the next milestone. (Six months to Christmas)

On 6/14/2017 at 04:44, Joey Russ said:

Thoughts about the 43 celebrities still alive:

Kirk Douglas: Still old, still frail, still think he'll die this year. 

Vera Lynn: Not as frail as we thought, but she's still 100, and that is certainly a grand age. 

Billy Graham: Getting frailer since 2006

Peter Carrington: Something tells me that it's his year. Must've been Denis Healey's fault. 

Prince Phillip: Looks somewhat frail, but still is doing royal duties with queen until fall. I don't think he'll make it to 100 anymore though. 

Denis Norden: Still frail and blind, surely it's only a matter of time, right? 

Pierre Cardin: Old and rusty. 

Stan Lee: Apart from the occasional health scare, he's doing fine at the moment, but the committee wouldn't want to miss someone as big as Stan Lee. 

Olivia de Haviland: She looks far better than the other 2 bedblockers at 100. I wouldn't be surprised if she's still alive ten years from now. 

Herman Wouk: I get the feeling that he's going to become the next Oscar Niemeyer (and no, please don't bring up that joke again). 

Tony Booth: Has tons of health issues, don't know how he'd still alive. 

Bob Dole: He'll make 2018, but I get the feeling he'll be a bedblocker to make 8 appearances. 

Leah Bracknell: Still has terminal cancer, still fucked. 

Jimmy Carter: By far the healthier of the two presidents, but he could always get a stroke.  

Gord Downie: Decent quality of life, but half a year is a very long time to last with glioblastoma. 

Leslie Phillips: Hasn't tweeted for a while, and that's never a good sign if you're very frail or have terminal cancer. 

Robert Mugabe: He's still being an annoying twat on the forums, but on the side of public appearance, he got a new look and looks notably frailer

Javier Perez De Cueller: Er, only Spade knows how he's really doing at the moment. :lol: 

Jake Lamotta: Stats show that he shouldn't be alive at the moment, yet he still is. 

King Michael: Still getting more iller with his cancer, and he's still hanging on. 

Betty White: Immortal. Let's just face that fact everyone. 

Nobby Stiles: Still alive after all of those getting slowly more frailer reports, and that's the thing with Alzheimer's, they can really hang on for a long. 

Queen Elizabeth: Unlike the Duke, I think she will make it to 100. 

Jill Gascoine: Same as Stiles, only not as frailer. 

Bob Barker: Oh, he's on there. 

Doug Ellis: Seriously just. Honestly, why is he here instead of Chirac or Clive James, or even Henry Kissinger for that matter. 

George Bush Sr: Very purple, he clearly has a lot of health issues, and I doubt he'll make it to November tbqh. 

Ian St John: No updates, but he has bladder cancer, and bladder is really not a good cancer. 

David Prowse: All I'll say is this, giants don't tend to live as long as people with an average height. 

Jerry Lewis: Another one I suspect will be a permanent bedblocker till he drops. 

Sandy Gall: Same comment as Doug Ellis. 

Pope Benedict: You know when people seem really frail, but then they look way healthier than expected. That's pope Benedict XVI for you. 

Bruce Forsyth: Notably not in public that much anymore. And he has serious health issues as well. Fats Domino: Well, just see my comments in the ideas for 2018 thread. 

Hosni Murbarak: Old twat with no trust at all. 

Desmond Tutu: African Archbishop with health issues. He also wants the right to die. Someone ominous. 

Akihito: Japanese government allowing him to abdicate. He must be a goner if they plan for him to abdicate. 

Gay Byrne: Besides being tired, nothing new on him. 

Glen Campbell: Late stage Alzheimer's, and the way his family is acting, 2017 should be his year. 

Liz Dawn: Has an operation next week. 

Valerie Harper: Still slowly dying. 

Lessons to learn - it would seem that any stage of frailness is not a fatal condition.:D

• Like 1

Well, Billy Graham was more of a sarcastic comment, but people can last a while when frail. But Leslie Phillips does interest me.

• Like 1