msc

The Deathlist Cup

Unless death or forum bans fell me, I shall.

So, earlier in this tournament, I made the precedent that sub changes can only happen in the first 24 hours of a month. This effected Spade and Gcreptile in previous rounds by putting them a man down, though they both won the ties in question iirc.

Rumblings elsewhere that Torr actually died on May 31st, and it's the 2nd now.

Watch this space, I guess.

Just now, Grim Up North said:

Official website. 31 May. http://dianetorr.com/

Bit of a shocker for DI - loses one of his 5 uniques after the deadline for a sub to be in play.

Somehow you managed to post that near enough exactly as I did (5 seconds either way). Spooky!

Haha - if you hadn't written so much you would have posted before me.

Hah. I like to back up the point being made. The actually running of the tournament has pointed out stuff I didn't even think of at the time, which will need to be enshrined in the rules for next time. Like the above precedent, and the fixing of the Unique FFBI non-disincentive.

Ouch, that's a bit of a drag, to put it lightly. :unsure: Especially now that I see the grim news on who was my second sub. But rules is rules.

I do note that the precedent with gcreptile's Ken Ryan pick was that he asked specifically that the sub not come into play, as Ryan died mid-January with and could've been easily known before the next month... whereas Torr's demise was completely unknown until now. But I do think a 24-hour concrete deadline is more fair going forward, so I shant argue with the ruling.

You might still be alright - there is definitely some confusion as to when she died - wiki has her dying in the summary box on 1st June but on 31st May in the main text for example.

I'm holding off till we get confirmation on actual date of death.

That might be the case, DI, but it was used against Spade later in this way and allowed to go undebated into law. As Andrew Jackson once said, "this nation is built upon precedent and I have just created one." I think he said that, I'm half-remembering. If he didn't, he ought to have.

I thought in Spade's case a sub was allowed because the demise of his pick, despite being reported by their GoFundMe before the submission deadline, was still pointed out in 24 hours?

On 3/1/2017 at 05:12, msc said:

Fixed a few bugs people have mentioned.

As for Riggs, I did confer (with myself) which precedent to chose from February, and decided that people found to be dead the previous month (February) on the 1st of the month (March) can be swapped with a sub (as happened for Carsten Mohren in Round 1), and those discovered to be dead after - as in the case of the 5th Feb discovery by one Gcreptile - are shit out of luck. So Spade's sub moves into play.

This was your precedent for Spade IIRC

I thought there was a second? When not sleep deprived, I shall have a look, and be entirely fair!

^ Thanks, Joey.

On 3/1/2017 at 11:12, msc said:

Edited by Grim Up North

Ciao DL Paisans-

I just returned from Italy to see that I have again lucked out against a superior opponent.  Once again I appreciate the good sportsmanship of the other side, thanks DDT.  Decorous conduct has been a mark of this tournament and that has made it fun.  Best of luck DI.  I'd like to say "may the best man win" but frankly, I'm rooting the other way.

• Like 1

Welcome back deadsox, hope you enjoyed your time in Italy. You've got a strong squad on your hands and there's less wriggle room for both of us on top of my misfortune with over-eager topplers, so the match could easily turn in either direction - after all, what could be a more daunting task than facing DDT or Spade head on? Facing the man who took them both down...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

after all, what could be a more daunting task than facing DDT or Spade head on? Facing the man who took them both down...

Totally stealing that line at some point. B)

• Like 1

That makes it

Deadsox 3-0 Death Impends

Doesn't it?

• Like 3

And it also means I'll need two out of my four differentials to deliver (or let's be honest, one Smith Hart and any one other) to have a chance - JuPe is younger than all of my differentials. Interesting times ahead...

• Like 1

Well, it would suit Deadsox' extraordinary campaign to win with a pick his opponent brought into public knowledge but rejected him in this.

• Like 4

Am I correct in assuming that Paul van Zandvliet makes the score 5-2?

It does.

Deadsox 5-2 Death Impends.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 17:46, RadGuy said:

On April 30th, the day before Spade posted this, it was announced that Emetole had undergone a succesful operation on the cancer.

So either Spade was fucking with us, or this is quite the ironic situation.

Well, he's dead now.