maryportfuncity

Maryport's Midsummer Dead Pool 2017

Oh look, a tumbleweed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh look, a tumbleweed!

IMG_0361.GIF

• Like 2

I was happy that nobody picked a random cancer mum "in her final days" or some heavily injured random person à la Paul Briggs - with the exception of Connie Johnson who is also family/fringe and a very prominent fundraiser.

But foregoing the low-hanging fruits means that we have to wait a little longer.

Spade's new pick is also great. Sadly, I only read about her on the first of June. I would have picked her if I had known of her before - which was possible!

Edit: My feeling is that Christie is already dead and we'll hear about it post-weekend.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

I was happy that nobody picked a random cancer mum "in her final days" or some heavily injured random person à la Paul Briggs - with the exception of Connie Johnson who is also family/fringe and a very prominent fundraiser.

Gee, I wonder who the cunt was who picked her. :blush:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Edit: My feeling is that Christie is already dead and we'll hear about it post-weekend.

I think Chorizo is overdue a dead pool victory tbh. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Gee, I wonder who the cunt was who picked her. :blush:

Well, you already know that she was not the best pick, so you got what you deserved ;). Though I guess she's now at the point where an infection could take her out any day. But if things run naturally, she might see July...might..

• Like 2

I fully intended to enter as last year but alas I simply forgot. Glad you still got your full quota and that Spade failed to wrap this up even more quickly than he managed last year so we actually have a game on our hands! For the record, I may have gone with perennial tease King Michael of Romania, so I'm pleased he's represented with Grave Danger. This feels like if the Deathlist Cup went to golden goal or summat.

• Like 1

Yeah - we have a competition for sure; but will it make a week I wonder. So talent on the masterlist for sure.

17 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I can't listen to this as at work but Cyrus scored last night in the football so gave this post match interview - I think if he was dead he would have mentioned it (dedicated goal to him maybe) and we would have heard so I presume he didn't and he isn't but someone will have to listen to it to confirm.

• Like 1

On 1.6.2017 at 19:53, Joey Russ said:

I like the idea of 50 as well in Sean's dead pool. It just allows a lot more diversity in the ages of pick you select, and doesn't force you to just look at the youngest 20 picks for that dead pool. Just my thoughts. It would even allow some personal favorites on even if you have 45 really good picks on your team.

Here's another vote for the 50 people pool. I liked it as a dump for all the gambles. Basically you could field the same 20 people for every other deadpool. This one forced you to branch out. However, I realized that this deadpool needs some assistance from the participants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Scenes if Diane Torr's cursed this.

It took ten days for the Advent Avalanche to find a winner, I think it'll end quicker than that.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

It took ten days for the Advent Avalanche to find a winner, I think it'll end quicker than that.

Yeah, I have a hunch we'll see white smoke by the end of the week!

I keep looking up Smith Hart and Errol Christie every hour to see which of those two will die first. Is that a problem? 

41 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I keep looking up Smith Hart and Errol Christie every hour to see which of those two will die first. Is that a problem? 

I go on Cyrus Christie's Instagram and Helen Van-Zandvliet's Facebook many times a day.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

46 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

I go on Cyrus Christie's Instagram and Helen Van-Zandvliet's Facebook many times a day.

See, this is why I'm not very successful at deadpooling...I lack the dedication to get to the very top. :mellow:

Yeah but once you've made your choices it doesn't matter how often you look it doesn't change anything!

Hey, I found some more tumbleweeds. 

IMG_0364.GIF

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

SyFAmdGx.jpeg

Problem?

Aye, it was all a bit of a PERFORMANCE a week ago, eh?

We'll get ourselves a winner sooner than the country gets itself a Prime Minister capable of winning a vote in parliament

• Like 1

Nobody picked Julia Perez?

We were sooo bad.

I'll stand by the prediction we'll have a winner sooner than Theresa May will win a vote in parliament. Sooner, probably than her first PMQs of the new set-up; which is next Wednesday, innit?

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Nobody picked Julia Perez?

We were sooo bad.

Just woke up and all I can say is aw fuckin shit!

I've been monitoring her health closely ever since she was on my DL Cup team in April, but Indonesian media reports were so conflicting I didn't know what to believe.

I must say, nothing is more embarrassing than thinking your pick died only to find out that he only posted on Facebook half an hour ago. That's got to go down as one of the most embarrassing deathlist moments this year.