maryportfuncity

Maryport's Midsummer Dead Pool 2017

Been much less excitement for this compared to last year, when half the spots were claimed within minutes.

• Like 1

:)

Bessie Camm

Talking of Bugsy Malone, this is apt for the remaining minutes:

I think I might know who Maryport is talking about when he mentioned someone from the forum guide, but I wonder, who has the best pick out of everyone?

9 hours ago, Book said:

:)

Bessie Camm

Aw FFS - did you suss that from my post above about picking one from the form guide?

Anyway; 21 entrants including the pool master (or whatever else I am); let's get dying!

9 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Been much less excitement for this compared to last year, when half the spots were claimed within minutes.

A fair point - maybe we're just dead-pooled out, eh?

I actually cut down on my dead pooling this year and still haven't got round to fielding another Rotten Dead Poll team months after most of the last line up laughed their way over the line.

00_manforaday-start.jpg

Would definitely be a drag if Diane doesn't go asap.

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

A fair point - maybe we're just dead-pooled out, eh?

I actually cut down on my dead pooling this year and still haven't got round to fielding another Rotten Dead Poll team months after most of the last line up laughed their way over the line.

Must say MMDP is one of my favs - if least successful; thanks for organising it again.

Yeah, this is really a great Dead Pool. Hence why I made a Christmas version of it as well. 

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, this is really a great Dead Pool. Hence why I made a Christmas version of it as well. 

Aye, fair play JR; assuming the Advant Avalanch cascades again I'll be hovering over the Enter key to sneak a seasonal stiff into the mix.

• Like 2

I remember that people were starving for more deadpooling mid-last year. 12 months later, the number of competitions has increased massively and I gave up trying to enter every one. I don't like to enter with a half-baked team anyway and there's only so much time to spend on research anyway.

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I remember that people were starving for more deadpooling mid-last year. 12 months later, the number of competitions has increased massively and I gave up trying to enter every one. I don't like to enter with a half-baked team anyway and there's only so much time to spend on research anyway.

Well, that's the thing about the revolution of dead pooling. People will try to create more dead pools so that some day they'll have a chance to beat the don himself. They want to get practice, but there's a point where there's so much, people start to get bored of it.

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think that is probably my fault.:p

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

I think that is probably my fault.:p

:lol:

Death by Numbers is quite good, though. The Georgian/Elizabeth/Freddie Starr/Barbershop Quartet ones are bit overly involving for my limited free time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

:lol:

Death by Numbers is quite good, though. The Georgian/Elizabeth/Freddie Starr/Barbershop Quartet ones are bit overly involving for my limited free time.

It is but has gone from being too many hits too handle to too few.

10 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

It is but has gone from being too many hits too handle to too few.

Perhaps 30 people per team in 2017 if you want more hits, and let the 20/20 games run themselves?

I liked it when it was 50 (made it rather unique, as DDT said) but you clearly can't run that AND... 15 other pools simultaneously?

This is why I only run the Deathlist Cup, and I was wary about starting that up. Crowdsourced Deathlist too, but that doesn't really count.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I like a bit of notice before a deadpool begins, and I don't want to see other people's teams before I've had a chance to consider my own choices. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of 50 as well in Sean's dead pool. It just allows a lot more diversity in the ages of pick you select, and doesn't force you to just look at the youngest 20 picks for that dead pool. Just my thoughts. It would even allow some personal favorites on even if you have 45 really good picks on your team.

3 hours ago, Toast said:

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I like a bit of notice before a deadpool begins, and I don't want to see other people's teams before I've had a chance to consider my own choices. 

Aye, and a decent set of rules does it for me.

• Like 1

Oh aye, and I'm out of here for a couple of days so - I'll sort out due congratulations etc.etc. if we have a winner. If not I'll return to watch the tumbleweeds with the rest of you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, and I'm out of here for a couple of days so - I'll sort out due congratulations etc.etc. if we have a winner. If not I'll return to watch the tumbleweeds with the rest of you.

Alright. Have fun with your trip or whatever you're doing. 

That is the only thing bad about this deadpool.Too short.Reckon we could get 5-7 deaths by the 21st.