Wormfarmer

ABC Deadpool - a new one by Wormfarmer

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 20:06, Wormfarmer said:

Update for Hvorostovsky and Emberg, giving GC a wider lead and moving Biblio up one spot.  Pretty impressive start for GC:  8 for 26 only halfway through the contest!

GC Reptile (Christie, Van Zandvliet, Wraw, Young, Johnson, Meads, Irwin, Hvorostovsky) 31 pts

Wormfarmer (Christie, Fawkes, Van Zandvliet, Ahmed, Heenan, Downie) 26 pts

Zsa Zsa's Leg (Campbell, Foray, Zadeh, Downie, Heenan) 15 pts

The Unknown Man (Kohl, Lewis, Downie, Berkowitz) 11 pts

Young Willz (Cant, Hefner, M. Young) 11 pts

Bibliogryphon (Hardy, Aldiss, Emberg) 10 pts

Shaun of the Dead (Fawkes, Downie, Booth, Michael of Romania) 9 pts

Joey Russ  (Forsyth) 2 pts

Fixed Business - (Talabani) 2 pts

• Like 3

On 6/6/2017 at 15:18, The Unknown Man said:

Not much been happening since the start of 2018.  FixedBus did get a hit with Mr. IKEA (2pt) which moves him into solo 8th, but otherwise it has been nothing but crickets as far as I can tell.  Don't hesitate to notify me if you get a hit, especially if it is not a big name.  Actually, there was another pick that went into the NO OBIT category (Barys Kit), which makes me 3 for 3 in that respect for my protected names (after Zoltan Sarosy and Nabeel Qureshi), and 12 potential points uncredited.   Instead of all the smack I absorbed in establishing my list at the start with protected names, you guys should have been thanking me for keeping you away from all these worthless picks!   If my 4th protected name goes without an obit, I swear I will retire from deadpooling forever. 

I hope things pick up in the next month or so, good luck . . . . . 

GC Reptile (Christie, Van Zandvliet, Wraw, Young, Johnson, Meads, Irwin, Hvorostovsky) 31 pts

Wormfarmer (Christie, Fawkes, Van Zandvliet, Ahmed, Heenan, Downie) 26 pts

Fixed Business - (Talabani, Kamprad) 4 pts

I cannot figure out why my last post was just credited to The Unknown Man on June 6, 2017, but it was me on Feb  11, 2018.  But what's done appears to be done and I don't know how to fix it.  Carry on!

On 6/6/2017 at 15:18, The Unknown Man said:

Wormfarmer (Christie, Fawkes, Van Zandvliet, Ahmed, Heenan, Downie, Nevin) 30 pts

Fixed Business - (Talabani) 2 pts

Hard for me to believe I was the only one to have Nevin at the hard to fill letter N.  I'll take the 4 pts and close within 1 pt of the lead . . . . . . 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 15:18, The Unknown Man said:

GC Reptile (Christie, Van Zandvliet, Wraw, Young, Johnson, Meads, Irwin, Hvorostovsky, Goodwin) 35 pts

Wormfarmer (Christie, Fawkes, Van Zandvliet, Ahmed, Heenan, Downie, Nevin, Graham) 32 pts

The Unknown Man (Kohl, Lewis, Downie, Berkowitz, Fabray, Graham) 15 pts

Young Willz (Cant, Hefner, M. Young, Gilbert, Groning) 15 pts

Shaun of the Dead (Fawkes, Downie, Booth, Michael of Romania, Graham) 11 pts

Fixed Business - (Talabani, Kamprad, Dodd) 5 pts

Fixed Business starts his climb from the dregs with another hit for 1 pt with Ken Dodds.  My apologies for missing GCRep's big hit under V and also picking up the 1937 bonus for a total of 4 pts.  We have a new leader!  Young Willz earns 2 with Groning, making the 3rd place podium kinda crowded, for now.

Edited by Wormfarmer
updates

On 2/20/2018 at 21:44, Wormfarmer said:

table updated above

Another hit!  2 pts for The Unknown Man at the F spot with NO--NO Nannette Fabray.  And 2 for YoungWillz with director Lewis Gilbert.

I haven't had the time to read this all word for word, so I only hope I'm not being redundant. Has anyone thought of also betting on the time of death? or maybe even their occupations, positions,Titles etc. maybe even consider method of death. For instance, Train, Plane, helicopter etc. and even fatal accident, gun shot, poison, suicide etc. how about this? salaries, 500,000. + per year, 200,000+, under 6 figures etc. Ooooh! how about this: Betting in "Real Time" set up a dedicated web site and all players can interact at the times of death LIVE , I just realized, the possibilities are endless. It begs to ask...

Could someone already be doing this? Hmm, need a way to track the souls we're betting on huh.

Good Luck

HR,CW,JC,BH,OG,HW,B

• Confused 1

All hits that I am aware of now updated above.

• Like 1

GC Reptile (Christie, Van Zandvliet, Wraw, Young, Johnson, Meads, Irwin, Hvorostovsky, Goodwin, Francis) 39 pts

Wormfarmer (Christie, Fawkes, Van Zandvliet, Ahmed, Heenan, Downie, Nevin, Graham, B Bush) 36 pts

Zsa Zsa's Leg (Campbell, Foray, Zadeh, Downie, Heenan, Maren) 17 pts

The Unknown Man (Kohl, Lewis, Downie, Berkowitz, Fabray, Graham) 15 pts

Young Willz (Cant, Hefner, M. Young, Gilbert, Groning) 15 pts

Shaun of the Dead (Fawkes, Downie, Booth, Michael of Romania, Graham) 11 pts

Bibliogryphon (Hardy, Aldiss, Emberg, M.Wilson) 12 pts

Fixed Business - (Talabani, Kamprad, Dodd, R.Wilson, Maren) 9 pts

Score, score, score . . . . tick, tick, tock.

• Like 1

edit: Eh, strike that, thank you!

Well, the days left in this inaugural version of the ABC are ticking away, and it looks likely that GC Reptile will be the first name on the trophy.  I intend to recruit for a second year and will start a new thread for it.  There will be a few rule changes (by popular demand), and I am considering making it a pay to enter pool, with prizes at the end.  I wanted to see how many would opt out (or in) if that was the play.  I suggest $10US entry, with first place getting 60%, second 25%, and third 10%, with 5% to the host to manage it all and send out the checks.  I would probably cap it at 20 entries if we got that many.  If we do go pay to play, I will be more strict on the acceptable names (ie. no Queen Elizabeth for the Q)

Major rules change;  BE GONE protected names!  I can hear the cheers already.  Instead, we will have jokers.  Each player gets 3 jokers, each worth a bonus 3 pts if they hit.  Once a name is designated with a joker, it can still be used by future players, but not designated as a joker.

Second change;  I will not be first to submit my list.  I will wait until there are at least 6 entries before I submit my list, maybe more if they come in quickly.  These are some thoughts so far, give me some feedback if it sounds better than the first year.  I would like to start right around July 1.      

No on the money aspect of it. First off, I legally can’t participate in this because I’m under 18 and gambling under 18 is illegal. But even if I was old enough to participate, I still would be very against the idea of paying to play a dead pool. This would eliminate all the people who either are under age, those who can’t afford it, and those who don’t gamble, and one of the beauty’s of dead pooling is that everyone can have the option to participate in it if they want to. Plus, while assume that your a good mannered person, I can’t guarantee that the money that I won would get payed back. So, please don’t make this pay to play.

• Like 1

I simply don't pay for anything online. I have never used the internet or electronic payment systems in my personal life at all. So I'm not going to start now. Sorry.

• Like 4

I like the professionalisation you want to achieve with this, but I am not sure I want it this way.

If there were some "official" worll no. 1 dead pool wanting an entry fee I might consider it, but not here.

1.  No pay to play - not sure if that's even legal.

2.  Entries to be PM'd to game runner and kept confidential until the competition begins.

3.  Game runner, if playing, PM's own team in advance to a trusted DL forum member.

4.  Should any candidate die before the start, players will then be asked to name a replacement.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I like the professionalisation you want to achieve with this, but I am not sure I want it this way.

If there were some "official" worll no. 1 dead pool wanting an entry fee I might consider it, but not here.

The official world no 1 dead pool is free entry and I am currently joint 11th in it, with a personal best of 5th place in 2016. B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

The official world no 1 dead pool is free entry and I am currently joint 11th in it, with a personal best of 5th place in 2016. B)

Yes, I wanted to imply that I might be willing to pay for the DDP - if it was legal.

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yes, I wanted to imply that I might be willing to pay for the DDP - if it was legal.

TMIB did an April Fools joke about that in 2012, which a fair few people took seriously.

If anyone went through with setting up a pay-to-play dead pool hosted on this forum, then that would be the one time I'd use admin powers to actually intervene with a dead pool given I'd really rather not have something in such a legal gray area hosted on here.

Not that it would come to that point, as the court of public opinion already shows that very few people here would actually want to enter a pay-to-play.

• Like 3

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:35, Joey Russ said:

No on the money aspect of it. First off, I legally can’t participate in this because I’m under 18 and gambling under 18 is illegal.

Sweet Jeezus, Joey.  All this time I thought I was playing against Malcolm X and Joey Russ was just your pseudonym.