maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2018

The Deathlist Cup needs immediate winners and losers to get the next Round going immediately ala a Cup, and is run by a very anti-social and grumpy Scot,  so the general response would be "ain't that a shame" just like if someones pick dies on the 31st but we don't find out till the 4th and they've been eliminated already. Chalk it up to incompetent refs like that N Ireland/Swiss penalty or the Arsenal/Sheff United semifinal from a few years back.B)

I'm chilled  as long as no one does a Morbid Kid. Hell, I am hoping the random draw brings up Joey v Grim II and I think the public want to see Death Impends v The Dead Cow II (and DDT v Spade) but of course, the draw is entirely random.

Anyhow, enough of trailers for a completely different game, when the Deathrace is heating up nicely here, and seemingly earlier than usual too?

Looks like it will be over before the first round of The Cup draw so your trailer is well placed for those current none entrants whose death lists are under utilised.

6 hours ago, msc said:

The Deathlist Cup needs immediate winners and losers to get the next Round going immediately ala a Cup, and is run by a very anti-social and grumpy Scot,  so the general response would be "ain't that a shame" just like if someones pick dies on the 31st but we don't find out till the 4th and they've been eliminated already. Chalk it up to incompetent refs like that N Ireland/Swiss penalty or the Arsenal/Sheff United semifinal from a few years back.B)

I'm chilled  as long as no one does a Morbid Kid. Hell, I am hoping the random draw brings up Joey v Grim II and I think the public want to see Death Impends v The Dead Cow II (and DDT v Spade) but of course, the draw is entirely random.

Anyhow, enough of trailers for a completely different game, when the Deathrace is heating up nicely here, and seemingly earlier than usual too?

Out of the loop? What did MK do to your cup?

As the first Cup round was about to end, I gave him a week ban for unrelated reasons. His ban happened to coincide with the Cup submission period. Because of this, he wasn't able to submit a team. Once he got back from his ban, he threw a tantrum and lobbed personal insults and death threats at msc and his kids.

• Like 1

I was quite sympathetic to his plight until then, but on topic actually, this meant Maryport got to advance to face Spade! Ok, not so much of a reward there.

33 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

As the first Cup round was about to end, I gave him a week ban for unrelated reasons. His ban happened to coincide with the Cup submission period. Because of this, he wasn't able to submit a team. Once he got back from his ban, he threw a tantrum and lobbed personal insults and death threats at msc and his kids.

And then we got this gem of a thread along with his tantrum: 

I forgot about that! :D

They did respond, by making one of us a forum admin. Luckily, it was the one who understood basic html stuff..

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, msc said:

I was quite sympathetic to his plight until then, but on topic actually, this meant Maryport got to advance to face Spade! Ok, not so much of a reward there.

Spade wasn't that scary - he didn't manage to frighten many on my team to death, did he?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Spade wasn't that scary - he didn't manage to frighten many on my team to death, did he?

Aha, so that's how Deadsox won!

So, according to this report Ms Falkholt is still clinging etc. Link: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5332555/home-and-away-actress-jessica-falkholt-still-clinging-to-life-a-day-after-life-support-machine-turned-off/

We'll - ahem - make scoreboard adjustments accordingly.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, according to this report Ms Falkholt is still clinging etc. Link: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5332555/home-and-away-actress-jessica-falkholt-still-clinging-to-life-a-day-after-life-support-machine-turned-off/

We'll - ahem - make scoreboard adjustments accordingly.

"relatives hoping for a speedy recovery" - that sounds like she'll pull through - BUT: It's The Sun. It could just be some fantasy.

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

"relatives hoping for a speedy recovery" - that sounds like she'll pull through - BUT: It's The Sun. It could just be some fantasy.

It WAS fantasy when the Star reported her dead

With David Cassidy the multiple organ failure was something of a foregone conclusion so the sites already pronouncing death were just being a bit over-efficient. There's likely some hope when a previously healthy young woman survives the removal of life support. Who knows, we might still be death racing in February.

Well, hits coming back from the dead is a whole new way to blow a deadpool lead if it happens. :lol:

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Well, hits coming back from the dead is a whole new way to blow a deadpool lead if it happens. :lol:

It's the Daily Star's land of the dead - a place that looks to the National Enquirer and says; "at least we're not as bad as that lot"

• Like 1

That's Dead Cow a Crider joker away from victory irregardless of the Falkholt situation.

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So, we'll call the Daily Mail a q/o, then: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5266873/RHONY-star-Jill-Zarins-husband-Bobby-dies.html

Looks like a 13 Jan death

So

TWO weeks in we're within sight of a result but the curve balls keep comin'

That top five in full:

MSC - 1459

Dead Cow - 1442

Phantom of the Midway - 727

Grimupnorth - 727

Maryportfuncity - 727

8 minutes ago, msc said:

If Falkholt goes in the next few days as many of us expect her to and Crider doesn’t die, then you’re likely to win your second deathrace...

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

If Falkholt goes in the next few days as many of us expect her to and Crider doesn’t die, then you’re likely to win your second deathrace...

Yusuf Buhari – dc

Nyssa Burrells - dc

Bill Crider – dc*, di, dt*

Oliver Dragojevic – dc, di

Toon Greebe - dc

Mohd Poad Md Kassim - dc

Frank Lucas – dc

Don Lusk – bg, dc

Simon Ricketts – dc, gu, sn

Renee Simonot – dc, fb, ng, pm

Marieke Vervoort – bk*,cc*, dc, di*, dr, ds*, dt, gr*,gu, jr*,mp, sn*, to*, yt

The specific danger zone with regards to The Dead Cow. Hmm, Lusk and Simonot remind me of some jammy sod who beat Death Impends in 2015... :D

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Carr was early morning 15th by the looks of it

Points on the way - analysis above taken on board. 

Well done, msc! A day faster than last year's. Surely the fastest Deathrace ever?

• Like 1

Congrats msc! :party:

As always, I end with only around 700 points and 2 hits. And as always, my joker survived. :rolleyes:

• Like 1