maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2018

51 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Appreciate the thoughts above and I'm also appreciative of the appreciation that comes to those of us running dead pools; cos it ain't like a paid job. Speaking of which that paid job is demanding my attention today so I'll start looking for Q/O evidence for the two dead 'uns tonight; unless anyone wants to post links during the working day. 

Can't find anything yet for you Mary - it would be rather amusing if neither got a QO after all this debate!

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Can't find anything yet for you Mary - it would be rather amusing if neither got a QO after all this debate!

Aye, Willow was national news in Australia and Melbourne supports local papers, radio and television so - surely - that's coming once the reporters give her family a little space. Dudley's plight prompted charity fundraising and the like so - again - I'm assuming the local press will eventually step up. Took a few moments to peruse what's happening in Melbourne; so sign of Willow's q/o yet. 

Out of interest here is the timeline:

Person in question dies 17:22 (Local) 08:22 (GMT) on 29 December 2017.

FB Post by Partner: 06:13 -30 December (Local) 21:13 - 29 December (GMT)

Tweet from Cancer Org: Looking at it now - 06:33 30 December. Whatever that means local or when it was posted,  dunno, when widely available, dunno.

News Obit: Holding our breath.

:tomatododge:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Out of interest here is the timeline:

Person in question dies 17:22 (Local) 08:22 (GMT) on 29 December 2017.

FB Post by Partner: 06:13 -30 December (Local) 21:13 - 29 December (GMT)

Tweet from Cancer Org: Looking at it now - 06:33 30 December. Whatever that means local or when it was posted,  dunno, when widely available, dunno.

News Obit: Holding our breath.

:tomatododge:

As a basically FFBI person not my usual sort of pick, but if I had picked someone like this I would probably be monitoring their FB page and those of their nearest and dearest, where possible.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Not just Jalalpuri.

We have another proper hit:

Robert Clayton, dead January 1st.

Scoreboard cherry duly popped for Reptile and Death Impends

Game on!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Cas Willow

1. I sent my Deathrace team on the 26th December, when she were breathing, and she only became joker when she was sub, having already been sub-sub joker (someone died right before sending) - so really, its just a remarkable string of bad luck that leaves me in the current position.

2. I don't believe private Facebooks are common knowledge spots, and if they are intended to become them for general deadpooling (ie folk picked up by major newspapers), then I'll lose interest. That seems rather ghoulish and beyond necessary for what is a bunch of fun.

3. My DDP team arrived AFTER that tweet, at which point I am unsure what the official decision will be (I assumed sub because, again, I did actually check social media before hand) - however, key point, whatever Spade chooses to do, I will accept his verdict with good graces.

4. I am quite happy to take points for Dudley AND Willow if Maryport decides under the Hewlett rule. It's what it's there for.

5. I am quite happy to support any decision Maryport takes, as the host of this deadpool. Their pool, their rules.

6. All this complaining about the rules is highly unseemly. Run your own deadpool. Some of you do.

7 PS on precedent, Spade got Deathrace points in 2013 on the Hewlett Rule for someone I knew was dead before Hogmanay. It wasn't in a public arena, just private social media. I call precedent. Hah. :D

Can we no have a nice pleasant Deathrace without folk bitching about the rules?

• Thanks 1

To be clear, I'm not bitching about the rules. I'm interested in the ruling and I have made it CLEAR beyond comprehension that I accept the MPFC ruling on this matter. I have no interest in the person or their death, or who gets points.

However, on the basis that merely showing interest and getting clarification seems to have aroused some hostility amongst those who do have an interest, I respectfully say:

bannatyne.gif

Withdraw me from this game. I'll monitor my team over the year from a safe distance.

Note to self - add more silly smiley faces in posts so people note lack of intended hostility...

I thought that list was the perfect set up for a killer punch line myself! :D

• Haha 2

I hope I wasn't hostile towards you YW (I hope you were referring to that nasty msc :D).

Think we've still got a bit to go to live up to Mary's goal of 'furious' but it's good to see we're making an effort.:P

• Haha 2

Aye, though at this rate, MPFC will come back to everyone singing Kumbaya with Leah Bracknell, and no one wants that! I'd assume...

• Haha 1

Not a good day..Dad off to hospital. :(

Notwithstanding, it's a measured response to get the hell out of this game. :P

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

On Cas Willow

1. I sent my Deathrace team on the 26th December, when she were breathing, and she only became joker when she was sub, having already been sub-sub joker (someone died right before sending) - so really, its just a remarkable string of bad luck that leaves me in the current position.

2. I don't believe private Facebooks are common knowledge spots, and if they are intended to become them for general deadpooling (ie folk picked up by major newspapers), then I'll lose interest. That seems rather ghoulish and beyond necessary for what is a bunch of fun.

3. My DDP team arrived AFTER that tweet, at which point I am unsure what the official decision will be (I assumed sub because, again, I did actually check social media before hand) - however, key point, whatever Spade chooses to do, I will accept his verdict with good graces.

4. I am quite happy to take points for Dudley AND Willow if Maryport decides under the Hewlett rule. It's what it's there for.

5. I am quite happy to support any decision Maryport takes, as the host of this deadpool. Their pool, their rules.

6. All this complaining about the rules is highly unseemly. Run your own deadpool. Some of you do.

7 PS on precedent, Spade got Deathrace points in 2013 on the Hewlett Rule for someone I knew was dead before Hogmanay. It wasn't in a public arena, just private social media. I call precedent. Hah. :D

Can we no have a nice pleasant Deathrace without folk bitching about the rules?

I didn't see anyone bitching about the rules.  Only discussion about the interpretation of them, and Mary did invite a "frank and full discussion".

As for the point about Facebook, I agree with you, but in the case of picks who have only tenuous claims to fame, people are bound to go to social media in search of updates.  It's nothing new.  For genuine celebrities there is no need.

• Like 1

To be clear, I'm not bitching about the rules. I'm interested in the ruling and I have made it CLEAR beyond comprehension that I accept the MPFC ruling on this matter. I have no interest in the person or their death, or who gets points.

However, on the basis that merely showing interest and getting clarification seems to have aroused some hostility amongst those who do have an interest, I respectfully say:

bannatyne.gif

Withdraw me from this game. I'll monitor my team over the year from a safe distance.

I'm seeing you've had a bad day and - seriously - sorry about that. I'll give you some time in case you want to rethink that and your picks remain your picks. I'll simply avoid awarding your points if and when they score them. Doubtless whether you want it or not someone hereabouts will keep tabs on the position you could have reached.

• Like 1

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

I'm seeing you've had a bad day and - seriously - sorry about that. I'll give you some time in case you want to rethink that and your picks remain your picks. I'll simply avoid awarding your points if and when they score them. Doubtless whether you want it or not someone hereabouts will keep tabs on the position you could have reached.

It's fine MPFC, one less thing to worry about.

I'm gone from this game. Good luck to everyone else.

So, today Australia's ABC television reported on the legalisation of same sex marriage and re-ran an item from mid-December about Cas Willow's wedding without mentioning her death.

Link: http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/national-mornings/ssmwedding/9268550

Being in Italy I have many difficulties researching English terminal picks, so I have simply no chance for this game and I'll be lucky if I score some point at least. But the essence of the game is indeed speed and, you like it or not, searching for terminal nobodies who die in a week. So I comprehend how frustrated is one player when he finds out Willow has died two days prior, anyway tweet about her death seems to have been posted on December the 30th so there was evidence of death.  The same cannot be said for Mr. Dudley, who died in 2017, but got reported only one day later. I understand your frustration about Willow, but the Hewlett rule should not be applied here. Said from a neutral point of view, as I have no chance and therefore direct interest in this game.

• Like 2

Not a good day..Dad off to hospital. :(

Notwithstanding, it's a measured response to get the hell out of this game. :P

Sending you love and best wishes.Hoping he makes a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Yes indeed, hope things go well, YW.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, today Australia's ABC television reported on the legalisation of same sex marriage and re-ran an item from mid-December about Cas Willow's wedding without mentioning her death.

Link: http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/national-mornings/ssmwedding/9268550

There's also a news article referring to the death of *another* of the early same sex marriage people from last month, and references Willow without saying she is dead.

Entire thing has an element of French farce about it now, can't help but laugh.