Wormfarmer

Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

On 2/4/2018 at 23:44, mr.whit said:

1.  Sidney Poitier

2. Ian Holm

3. George HW Bush

4.  James Earl Jones

5. Michael Gambon

Don`t forget to enter your April team! Seems you forgot March. :)

On 12/31/2017 at 13:18, Deathray said:

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Stefan Karl Stefanson

3. Val Kilmer

4. Clive James

5. Shane McGowan

Remember to enter your April names! Unless you are still on sebatical. :) This is more fun if everyone participates! 

On 2/4/2018 at 20:47, Mad Hatter2 said:

1. Joanne Woodward

2. Sidney Poitier 

3. Stan Lee

4. Bill Treacher

5. Bob Dole

Make sure you enter your names for April! More fun if everyone enters! :)

40 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Remember to enter your April names! Unless you are still on sebatical. :) This is more fun if everyone participates! 

I wasn't here for February or March to be fair, not my fault.

I can't remember the rules so someone tell me if I can't have any of these.

1. David Attenbourough

2. Clive James

3. John Virgo

4. Leah Bracknell

5. Donald Trump

April: 

1) Matt Cappotelli 

2) Tessa Jowell

3) Dean Francis 

4) Philomena Lynott 

5) Marieke Vervoort

32 minutes ago, Deathray said:

1. David Attenbourough

2. Clive James

3. John Virgo

4. Leah Bracknell

5. Donald Trump

Just a swap around would do; theoldlady has thwarted a prospective team once again :lol:

Pos. 1 & 2 taken for Clive, just 4 for Leah.

On 30/03/2018 at 08:12, theoldlady said:

Here is my April team:

1. Stefan K. Stefansson

2. Clive James

3. Jose Jose

4. Leah Bracknell

5. Nobby Stiles

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just a swap around would do; theoldlady has thwarted a prospective team once again :lol:

Pos. 1 & 2 taken for Clive, just 4 for Leah.

Go with that then.

27 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Go with that then.

Maybe better to move Clive James to number 5 as you already had him in January at number 4.

perhaps something like:

1. David Attenbourough

2. Leah Bracknell

3. John Virgo

4. Donald Trump

5. Clive James

To: Worm Farmer and Quim Reaper and Deathray: Hope this is ok for Deathray!

My April team

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Clive James

3. Jose Jose

4. Shane McGowan

5. Stirling Moss

2 hours ago, ebless said:

My April team

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Clive James

3. Jose Jose

4. Shane McGowan

5. Stirling Moss

Hi! Clive is already taken at spots 1, 2 and 5; additionally Jose is already taken at ALL the spots. Best if you look at who the others have at all the spots and make a small change here at those spots at least. I think the spots you have used for Leah, Shane and Stirling are ok and not taken by anyone else. :)

On 3/2/2018 at 04:25, Wormfarmer said:

Happy Easter!

Hi! Looks like we need the chart for April posted ASAP. Almost everyone has entered and it might be hard for the last few to figure out who has whom where. Happy Easter! 

44 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Maybe better to move Clive James to number 5 as you already had him in January at number 4.

perhaps something like:

1. David Attenbourough

2. Leah Bracknell

3. John Virgo

4. Donald Trump

5. Clive James

To: Worm Farmer and Quim Reaper and Deathray: Hope this is ok for Deathray!

@WormfarmerJust to be on the safe side, Mary Berry in for whoever inevitably needs dropping and if for some reason that doesn't work David Butler.

7 hours ago, Prophet said:

Ok. Thanks!

1. Jose Jose

2. Manohar Parrikar

3. Stefán Karl Stefánsson

4. Ted Mack

5. Lindy Remigino

Update:

1. Lindy Remigino

2.  Manohar Parrikar

3. Stefan Karl Stefansson

4. Ted Mack

5. Jose Jose

April team:

1)Jerry Maren

2)Michael Anderson (Director born 1920)

3)John Cruickshank

4)John Paul Stevens

5)Prem Tinsulalonda

Team for April

1-Nobuhiko Obayashi
2--Stuart Fraser (Aussie Guitarist)
3-Lindy Remingo
4-Stefan Karl Stefansson
5-Herman Wouk

Remingo/Obayashi were on my team in Feb but in different position

6 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Hi! Clive is already taken at spots 1, 2 and 5; additionally Jose is already taken at ALL the spots. Best if you look at who the others have at all the spots and make a small change here at those spots at least. I think the spots you have used for Leah, Shane and Stirling are ok and not taken by anyone else. :)

I am new to this game, didn't read the rules.

Revised team

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Monica Vitti

3. Sheila Mercier

4. Shane McGowan

5. Stirling Moss

APR TEAMS 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
gcreptile (14+3) bob dole sachsen littlefeather ray wilkins seiji ozawa prince phillip
Sean (14+4) jerry maren michael anderson john cruickshank john paul stevens prem tinsulalonda
The Quim Reaper (13) marieke vervoort Stefan K Stefansson prunella scales lord carrington I M Pei
Captain Chorizo (7) nobuhiku obayashi stuart fraser lindy remingo Stefan K Stefansson herman wouk
EXU (6) jimmy carter kirk douglas john mccain jill gascoigne lord carrington
Prophet (6) lindy remingo manohar parrikar Stefan K Stefansson ted mack jose jose
Wormfarmer (6) lorna luft rick ross leah bracknell clive james Stefan K Stefansson
Fixed Business (5) matt cappotelli tessa jowell dean francis philomena lynott marieke vervoort
Youwanticewiththat (5) michael york nobby stiles leslie phillips jose jose burt reynolds
BOU1 (4) fernando ricksen lord carrington jimmy carter mary carlisle robert mugabe
Yorkshire Banker (3) jose jose baroness mary wilson Loongkoonan bessie camm ruth johnson colvin
Bentrovato little richard alice munro herman wouk ian kennedy martin raul castro
Bibliogryphon clive james fernando ricksen Genesis P-orridge arnold yarrow Pope B XVI
Deathray david attenborough leah bracknell john virgo donald trump clive james
Ericles Souza          
FujimoriNoMorey machiko kyo jose jose alberto fujimori muriel pavlow seiji ozawa
Joey Russ (+5) ray wilkins charlotte rae luis palau nobby stiles sachsen littlefeather
mad hatter2          
Mr. Whit          
theoldlady Stefan K Stefansson clive james jose jose leah bracknell nobby stiles
Unknown Man          
ebless  (new entry) leah bracknell monica vitti sheila mercier shane macgowan stirling moss
Edited by Wormfarmer
scoring update, Wilkins
  • Thanks 1

Well, I am very pleased with the support and effort being turned out with this new pool.  But I must say, it is getting to be an utter mess.  I will make it less complicated next year, by having less restrictions on monthly picks.  My intent this year was to make sure that with any given hit, scoring would be spread out.  That is, if Julia Roberts went into a coma on March 30 and died a few days later, I didn't want all 20 teams being able to score 5 points.  I can see that maybe that is not such a concern, and that enough hits will be scored to spread things out over the course of the game.  However, for this year, I do need to simplify the selection of monthly picks in some way.  It is tough for me (and everyone else who is trying to create a roster) to avoid rule violations when so many entrants are putting up bad lists and then posting several changes.  I think I have sorted it out for the above table, so check it for your team and let me know if I made any errors.  But starting next month, each entrant will get ONE team entry per month.  If you phuk it up and submit something with a rule violation in it - too bad.  Your team is locked in for the month and you will not score any name entered which violates one of the rules.  So take your time and make sure your entry is good.  As I said in an earlier post, I am already leaving it up to each of you to avoid violations, I will not call you on it unless you get a hit - - then I will make sure you are in compliance before scoring your points.  Thanks for sticking with it through the growing pains.  Carry on!

• Thanks 2

Note we have a new player entering for April -  ebless.  The way I worked it with the last new entry was I said that they could play, bringing the total pool of entries up to 21, but only the first 20 to get their teams in each month would play for that month.  I would be reluctant to bring in another newcomer except that I suspect that we have at least one or 2 players who may have dropped out (E Souza and madhatter 2)  as they sat out last month, and maybe even a third.  So I think we can let ebless in and still stay within our 20.  Any objections?  

• Like 2

I'd say it's safe to assume MK and Souza aren't getting back into it...think they've only entered 1 month out of 4 so far.

To be fair, I don't think this is overly complicated (the fact that a busy bugger like myself is taking part is testament to that). All it takes is like 1 min worth of checking. But I do agree that the first entry should be the one that's taken, otherwise you're just rifling through loads of revisions, and, like it has been for the past couple of months, myself and theoldlady have had to act as fucking moderators. I think overall as a dead pool, it's a great concept and is working well!

• Like 1

Strange no one picked Barbara Bush or G.H.W. Bush this month. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Strange no one picked Barbara Bush or G.H.W. Bush this month. :rolleyes:

I would imagine though next month it will be a race for people to try and nab G H.W right away

• Haha 1

I’m going early as I’m not around for a couple of days, but I won’t take advantage of this fact and pick Bush!

1) Leah Bracknell

2) John McCain

3) Chris Rea

4) LesliePhillips

5) Stefan Karl Steffansson

On 31/03/2018 at 21:49, Sean said:

April team:

1)Jerry Maren

2)Michael Anderson (Director born 1920)

3)John Cruickshank

4)John Paul Stevens

5)Prem Tinsulalonda