Jump to content
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool II

Recommended Posts

Well I have some shitty news for the four of us (see initials below) what selected Charles Tyner as a Kevin Bacon movie actor.  Looks like we all located him from the 1987 Planes, Trains & Automobiles flick.
Charles Tyner DIED November 8, 2017.  
Fuckall.   Well at least he wasn't unique, in fact I wouldn't have mentioned it if he were lol.
SC

 

Charles Tyner                     ti, mc, sc, ro

(Edit: So we all can't be idiots.  I look and Wiki's link is to a SAG 'In Memorium' section of their SPRING 2018 newsletter (listing obits thru February).  Well FUCK ME RUNNIN! 

iMDb doesn't provide sources, and is unreliable in the eyes of Wiki for that reason.  Obviously his death wasn't shown there or FOUR of us wouldn't have missed it.  They must have updated his listing according to SAG in Spring 2018, most likely in March).

 

Does that mean my alternate kicks in then?  It was the woman I used as an alternate in two categories all I remember.  HAHA ugh...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Well I have some shitty news for the four of us (see initials below) what selected Charles Tyner as a Kevin Bacon movie actor.  Looks like we all located him from the 1987 Planes, Trains & Automobiles flick.
Charles Tyner DIED November 8, 2017.  
Fuckall.   Well at least he wasn't unique, in fact I wouldn't have mentioned it if he were lol.
SC

 

Charles Tyner                     ti, mc, sc, ro

(Edit: So we all can't be idiots.  I look and Wiki's link is to a SAG 'In Memorium' section of their SPRING 2018 newsletter (listing obits thru February).  Well FUCK ME RUNNIN! 

iMDb doesn't provide sources, and is unreliable in the eyes of Wiki for that reason.  Obviously his death wasn't shown there or FOUR of us wouldn't have missed it.  They must have updated his listing according to SAG in Spring 2018, most likely in March).

 

Does that mean my alternate kicks in then?  It was the woman I used as an alternate in two categories all I remember.  HAHA ugh...

C'est la vie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to be generous. @msc & @Sir Creep have legitimate reserves so these will come into play. @time had a reserve but it was someone who was disallowed on another player's team @RoverAndOut provided no subs. I will give Time and Rover until Friday to provide me with a sub. However the sub cannot be another player's unique. If I do not get the sub they will be playing with four in this category and thereby one way to win down. 

This seemed a lot easier first time round.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am going to be generous. @msc & @Sir Creep have legitimate reserves so these will come into play. @time had a reserve but it was someone who was disallowed on another player's team @RoverAndOut provided no subs. I will give Time and Rover until Friday to provide me with a sub. However the sub cannot be another player's unique. If I do not get the sub they will be playing with four in this category and thereby one way to win down. 

This seemed a lot easier first time round.

Tippi Hedren then please (uncredited appearance in 2012's Jayne Mansfield's Car).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, time said:

Tippi Hedren then please (uncredited appearance in 2012's Jayne Mansfield's Car).

Haha - I thought you were making this really hard for Bibliogryphon after he was so good to you (totally support the decision though) and then you picked someone who is uncredited - but on looking it up they are listed as the first named star on the IMDB synopsis and listed as uncredited too in the full cast list so actually totally reasonable of you.

 

Anyhow in about 15 years when this pool finishes we might all look back at this decision and see it as crucial (well probably not all of us - some of us will be dead ourselves!). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am going to be generous. @msc & @Sir Creep have legitimate reserves so these will come into play. @time had a reserve but it was someone who was disallowed on another player's team @RoverAndOut provided no subs. I will give Time and Rover until Friday to provide me with a sub. However the sub cannot be another player's unique. If I do not get the sub they will be playing with four in this category and thereby one way to win down. 

This seemed a lot easier first time round.

I would only add that they shouldn’t be able to pick someone thus creating a unique, seeing as Tyner wasn’t.  IOW they can pick from the list of already selected names that are non-unique.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I would only add that they shouldn’t be able to pick someone thus creating a unique, seeing as Tyner wasn’t.  IOW they can pick from the list of already selected names that are non-unique.  

If Biblio (or RA) stipulate this, I'm happy to change to someone else. (IOW = Isle of Wight where I come from).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I would only add that they shouldn’t be able to pick someone thus creating a unique, seeing as Tyner wasn’t.  IOW they can pick from the list of already selected names that are non-unique.  

However your sub does deliver you a unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

However your sub does deliver you a unique.

You understand the difference yes?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

You understand the difference yes?  

 

I do yes, but everyone who picked Tyner did so in good faith there was no evidence to suggest he was dead and I am trying to balance keeping the game going without trying to diadvantage any of the players. @time and @RoverAndOut do you accept this and will you alter your selection accordingly?Alternatively I can randomly select an already picked non-unique.

Sigh.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I do yes, but everyone who picked Tyner did so in good faith there was no evidence to suggest he was dead and I am trying to balance keeping the game going without trying to diadvantage any of the players. @time and @RoverAndOut do you accept this and will you alter your selection accordingly?Alternatively I can randomly select an already picked non-unique.

Sigh.

 

 

Wilford Brimley then, but if Tippi Hedren dies to complete a winning line* for me I'll claim a moral victory!

 

*Never going to happen.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 18:25, Sir Creep said:

If you are honestly accepting the Latin Grammys' as 'Grammy winners' you can feel free to tear up my entry. 

SC

Ah Bibliogryphon - you had your chance for an easy life but you blew it!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Ah Bibliogryphon - you had your chance for an easy life but you blew it!

I'm looking forward to SC running a round of this. (Or any other DP)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugger. I saw my name tagged here and thought 'a hit!' and I was right...except it was three months too early. :facepalm: At least I picked a doddery one. I would be pleased to accept Biblio's kind offer in this unusual circumstance and will conform to SC's request that I do not pick a new unique. Which leads me to...could I have Barbara Barrie please? Might as well pick the illest person.

 

Anyway, we're now over 2 months in and no score as yet. But as I mentioned previously, we only had one hit by this point in Game 1, so perhaps we all need to be patient. We all know the excitement in this game comes a year in... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will update the master list tomorrow. Thanks for everyone being so accommodating. Now if the celebrities can get back to dying we should have a game on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear that.  I've had all the excitement of a diaper rash, what with a false Wiki entry for one of  my names,  only to see the truth and lose out moments later, and  have also discovered one of my names died 3 months before we started.  What a hoot. I've got a -1.5 so far if you're scoring at home.

SC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bacon list updated. Hopefully the next post on here will be a real hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Bacon list updated. Hopefully the next post on here will be a real hit.

I wouldn't hold your breath :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered why that name seemed familiar. Hits for @msc, @Sir Creep, @Death Impends, @Spade_Cooley & @RoverAndOut. This is the second hit for di and spade so they now need a hit in EU leaders, boxers and kevin bacon. However that will be the same as three uniques.

Congrats to the five of you and particularly to death impends for drawing my attention to it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bibliogryphon                                    bg           0/0/0/0/0

Fixed Business                                   fb            0/0/0/0/0

Captain Chorizo                                cc            0/0/0/0/0

Time                                                      ti             0/0/0/0/0

Toast                                                     to            0/0/0/0/0

YoungWillz                                          yw          0/0/0/0/0

msc                                                        mc          0/0/1/0/0

Yorkshire Banker                              yb           0/0/0/0/0

Sir Creep (Do I Need A Joker?)    sc            0/0/1/0/0

GCReptile                                            gr            0/0/0/0/0

Death Impends                                 di            0/0/1/1/0

Spade Cooley                                     sp           0/0/1/1/0

Rover & Out                                       ro            0/0/1/0/0

Grim Up North                                  gn           0/0/0/0/0

FujimoriNoMorey                            fm          0/0/0/0/0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I wondered why that name seemed familiar. Hits for @msc, @Sir Creep, @Death Impends, @Spade_Cooley & @RoverAndOut. This is the second hit for di and spade so they now need a hit in EU leaders, boxers and kevin bacon. However that will be the same as three uniques.

Congrats to the five of you and particularly to death impends for drawing my attention to it.

LOL I read the posted obit, even re-posted to my DP I run on FB, and it never rang a bell till I saw I scored a point.  Cherry is broken!
SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I wondered why that name seemed familiar. Hits for @msc, @Sir Creep, @Death Impends, @Spade_Cooley & @RoverAndOut. This is the second hit for di and spade so they now need a hit in EU leaders, boxers and kevin bacon. However that will be the same as three uniques.

Congrats to the five of you and particularly to death impends for drawing my attention to it.

It is beyond interesting that ALL FOUR of the players caught up in the Charles Tyner already deceased debacle above scored a hit with Campanella, the other being Spade.
If that ain't the DP Gods throwing them a bone, I don't know what is.
SC

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

It is beyond interesting that ALL FOUR of the players caught up in the Charles Tyner already deceased debacle above scored a hit with Campanella, the other being Spade.
If that ain't the DP Gods throwing them a bone, I don't know what is.
SC

 

Well it would have been if that were the case, but its only three out of four, the one not being caught up in the Tyner debacle being Death Impends. (I will take free hits if they're being offered though).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow in all the excitement, I missed the fact that Charles Neville had died. So not the first hit of Scavenger Hunt Bingo 2.0 but an early hit nonetheless! And already the field is shortening...could be much shorter than the last one - or go on for even longer. Love the Scavenger Hunt!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use