Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool II

Hang on a minute - deadline's March 1st right?! You lot are quick off the mark! I will be having a thorough perusal of the minor stars of Kevin Bacon's early work and the Flyweight World Champions of the 1970s during my half term break (February 9th-18th) and will submit my team in a timely manner. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I suspect a lot of us started pencilling them in after RA posted the categories some time ago.

• Like 1

He wont qualify for this, due to be dead already, but the biggest "wow" moment so far looking up a team for this is finding out that Angus Scrimm won a Grammy. As in villain from Phantasm, drol's avatar.

Apologies if this has already been answered, maybe my brain isn't working properly. Elected heads of state of EU member states - what classifies as an elected head of state? For example, countries like Austria have an elected President, who is head of state but an elected Prime Minister who is head of government - can I have either? Are we only counting who represents them internationally (e.g German Chancellor, not President and French President, not Prime Minister)?

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, maybe my brain isn't working properly. Elected heads of state of EU member states - what classifies as an elected head of state? For example, countries like Austria have an elected President, who is head of state but an elected Prime Minister who is head of government - can I have either? Are we only counting who represents them internationally (e.g German Chancellor, not President and French President, not Prime Minister)?

To avoid quibling I will accept either.

Eight entries in with half the qualifying time gone. Just working on verification done EU leaders. Will be moving onto Boxers next. I know @RoverAndOutis working on his entry but will @Handrejka join in to see if she can maintain her clean sheet? @rockhopper penguin is MIA. Will we get up to the 15 entries we had last time?

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

I'll def be entering as well, still gotta do a bit more research.

Don't pick Ruud Lubbers...;)

Yeah, I best steer clear of people who revel in having poor manners. :P

• Like 1

Without wishing to give away where my research is up to...do Special Grammy Awards count, like Lifetime Achievement and Grammy Legend or just the general categories? (I'm guessing in most cases the people winning those will have won one of the regular categories anyway, but just in case...)

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Without wishing to give away where my research is up to...do Special Grammy Awards count, like Lifetime Achievement and Grammy Legend or just the general categories? (I'm guessing in most cases the people winning those will have won one of the regular categories anyway, but just in case...)

I am going to say it must be in a regular category.

I just wanted to post and say that I love DPing, and it's the search that brings about so much knowledge and 'who knew?' items.  DPing is great if you want to be a trivia maven and aficionado.
Researching past Grammy winners, so I pull up A Taste of Honey and 'who knew' they were fronted by two women, neither of whom knew how to play guitar/bass when they joined?  Who knew the drummer was (has been) in Calgary, AB of all places, and has been heading a blues band of for decades now, of all things.  No more high hat boom-ssss-boom-sss-boom-ssss-boom-ssss disco beat, but real drumming!
Crazy stuff.
Like I say, the best part isn't winning or anything really, just learning more about the people and events that kinda passed through our lives unnoticed or ended up in the 'where are they now' file.
SC

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am going to say it must be in a regular category.

And I thought you'd OK'd my team, too.  :o Right, that brings in a bunch of subs and replacements, will need to go check later.

(For the record, and Biblio knows this already, I did only pick people listed as Grammy award winners on the official Grammy website!)

5.  Anyone who has been in a film with Kevin Bacon

OK now Sir Creep finds this relatively straightforward.  HOWEVER....let me present two issues and for clarification not have any surprises after teams turned in and I start bitching.  And you know I will:

1. "Been In A" -- this denotes an ACTOR.  NOT a gdamn director, key grip, or best boy.  Not a producer, etc etc.  Been IN means IN front of the camera.  Are we clear as mud?
2. "Film" -- this denotes a product that was presented where films are presented, A THEATRE!  NOT a made for TV movie or episodes of a soap, etc.  Are we clear as mud II?

If for some reason I am wrong, may I ask that people be responsible for the English language and the common understanding and interpretation thereof?  That can be difficult for some.
If you mean something else say something else.  I trust y'all are highly intelligent and mean what you say.  So I will consider my 'straightforward' interpretation as Gospel & trust the common sense of the rule provider.  I should hope I haven't misplaced said trust.

SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

OK now Sir Creep finds this relatively straightforward.  HOWEVER....let me present two issues and for clarification not have any surprises after teams turned in and I start bitching.  And you know I will:

1. "Been In A" -- this denotes an ACTOR.  NOT a gdamn director, key grip, or best boy.  Not a producer, etc etc.  Been IN means IN front of the camera.  Are we clear as mud?
2. "Film" -- this denotes a product that was presented where films are presented, A THEATRE!  NOT a made for TV movie or episodes of a soap, etc.  Are we clear as mud II?

If for some reason I am wrong, may I ask that people be responsible for the English language and the common understanding and interpretation thereof?  That can be difficult for some.
If you mean something else say something else.
  I trust y'all are highly intelligent and mean what you say.  So I will consider my 'straightforward' interpretation as Gospel & trust the common sense of the rule provider.  I should hope I haven't misplaced said trust.

SC

LOL.  I think you must mean a CINEMA.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2018 at 17:39, msc said:

And I thought you'd OK'd my team, too.  :o Right, that brings in a bunch of subs and replacements, will need to go check later.

(For the record, and Biblio knows this already, I did only pick people listed as Grammy award winners on the official Grammy website!)

I have not got to the verification of the Grammys yet but. I will accept it if it is on the Official Grammy website.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If you mean something else say something else.  I trust y'all are highly intelligent and mean what you say.  So I will consider my 'straightforward' interpretation as Gospel & trust the common sense of the rule provider.  I should hope I haven't misplaced said trust.

SC

Yes a movie with a cinematic release. 

And 'Been In A' does NOT mean someone took stock news/film footage and inserted it into the movie, correct?  If you look at IMDB it lists all those people as 'also appearing' in the movie.  Thus the late JFK and MLK 'appear in' the JFK movie, which is absurd, but there it is.  I only point this out cuz a few LIVING people's stock footage appear in the movie as well and they should not be allowed by any means.

SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

And 'Been In A' does NOT mean someone took stock news/film footage and inserted it into the movie, correct?  If you look at IMDB it lists all those people as 'also appearing' in the movie.  Thus the late JFK and MLK 'appear in' the JFK movie, which is absurd, but there it is.  I only point this out cuz a few LIVING people's stock footage appear in the movie as well and they should not be allowed by any means.

SC

I think we can also assume that the Kevin Bacon referred to is this one

Image result for Kevin Bacon

Not this one

Image result

• Like 6

That's fine, I'm just trying to weed out the Ed Asner and Ethel Kennedy picks (etc ad nauseum)  before some A-hole launches them.  Anyway, I plowed through Mr. Bacon's oeuvre.  Should be sending a team in tomorrow.

SC

• Like 1

OK Entry has been sent.  Best of luck to all of you participants, to our celebs not quite as much do I offer.

SC

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 14:36, RoverAndOut said:

Ha, I love this game. So glad its returning - requires minimal attention once set up, the possibilities are endless for teams and there's some cracking research can go into it! 

Dare say I spent way too much time on this.  Probably 7-8 hours on gdamn Kevin Bacon alone. 20 hours total at least.  I only looked at half the Grammy years, I mean I was worn out.  

Fun exercise though!   I was amazed that a huge chunk of actors working with Phily-born Bacon were themselves from Phily, PA, or very nearby.  I had NO idea Hollywood cast people like this.  Kinda blows up the whole ‘audition’ thingy.   Why would they do this, to have people from same part of the country with similar dialects as not to distract or summat?  Anyways it was amazing and enlightening.

SC

• Like 1

Oh HELL no.  I'll be happy to get a couple hits lol.  We know who has time to ferret out quality names, and it ain't YT.
SC

• Like 1