Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Radio First Termer, a radio station that broadcast in Saigon during the Vietnam War and played blues/acid rock to US servicemen.

Charli XCX's new metal album Charli, here's a single with Chris (of Christine and the Queens):

• Sad 1

Not so much listening as watching in stupified amazement. Since when did we do something do deserve this being unleashed on this sorry planet?

And since when did standing up and playing the guitar at the same time exist in Robert Fripp's skilset?

Thank fuck youtube was thoughtful enough to follow the calamity above with this classic:

• Like 2

On 22/09/2019 at 10:17, gcreptile said:

Charli XCX's new metal album Charli, here's a single with Chris (of Christine and the Queens):

Also listening to charli XCX

I wish she didn't have a name like a fucking gamertag  though lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bladan said:

Yes was No. An awful band. I'm glad it's gone. Perhaps there is God after all

• Like 1

A discussion kicked off on the Ginger Baker thread about recent music being shite (not all of us agree).

Just a suggestion, like, but sometime around Christmas we should hijack this thread for album of the year suggestions

I happen to know that a fashionably cultish radio show (okay one with not many listeners) has a long-list including 2019 albums by Bat for Lashes, Baba Maal, Black Belt Eagle Scout and The Seven Oracles of Gog Magog but also suspects the next Richard Dawson will leap towards the top of the list once they hear it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Yes was No. An awful band. I'm glad it's gone. Perhaps there is God after all

Yes are very much a going concern and - separate to that - three former members (Anderson/Wakeman/Rabin) also tend to get together and tour the old hits

Official site: http://www.yesworld.com/

On 27/09/2019 at 07:06, maryportfuncity said:

Yes are very much a going concern and - separate to that - three former members (Anderson/Wakeman/Rabin) also tend to get together and tour the old hits

Official site: http://www.yesworld.com/

Wakeman still does bits and bobs on TV and is always a welcome sight. He did the Cbeebies bedtime story last year, the wean was rather amused by my double take!

Fresh as fuck new track from Green Day. Album out in February.

This one's a touch heartbreaking, particularly for Kurt Cobain fans. The pain in the vocals and lyrics of this song, the haunting simplicity of it, it's quite easy to imagine this being his last. It's highly likely it was, in fact.

• Like 1

• Like 1

"True music is that which touches the heart, is evocative and filled with emotions(bhaav). Every note is a manifestation of God, to soak in it and becoming one with it is to seek the ultimate bliss and peace. That is what Kishoritai's music is all about."

On 27/09/2019 at 04:28, msc said:

Wakeman still does bits and bobs on TV and is always a welcome site. He did the Cbeebies bedtime story last year, the wean was rather amused by my double take!

I've seen them (my favourite band) a few times, and I'm aghast they would continue under the Yes banner without Squire--the only member who was on every album.  It's appalling.

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I've seen them (my favourite band) a few times, and I'm aghast they would continue under the Yes banner without Squire--the only member who was on every album.  It's appalling.

Yeah, telling - perhaps - that they milked their 50th anniversary tour for a live album and peopled the stage with 10 Yes members over some nights but they're a bit tardy risking a studio album post Squire

So, here's a thing (perhaps the best description).

Country Church

One of those album covers so bizarre it was widely rumoured to be a hoax (Google Svetlana Gruebersolvik "My Lips are for Blowing to find perhaps the best example)

The awesome Mr Weird and Wacky blog site has just shared a download of an album that sure as hell sounds genuine and claims to be Country Church. I think I'm experiencing it rather than enjoying it. But I'll listen to the last note!

cover.jpg

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, here's a thing (perhaps the best description).

Country Church

One of those album covers so bizarre it was widely rumoured to be a hoax (Google Svetlana Gruebersolvik "My Lips are for Blowing to find perhaps the best example)

The awesome Mr Weird and Wacky blog site has just shared a download of an album that sure as hell sounds genuine and claims to be Country Church. I think I'm experiencing it rather than enjoying it. But I'll listen to the last note!

cover.jpg

Have you got her contact details please?:)

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Have you got her contact details please?:)

I'm warning you now LFN - this commendable blog offers a well of weirdness from which you may never escape.

http://mrweirdandwacky.blogspot.com/?zx=388f41242d020a09

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm warning you now LFN - this commendable blog offers a well of weirdness from which you may never escape.

http://mrweirdandwacky.blogspot.com/?zx=388f41242d020a09

Holy shit!!

That is BRILLIANT!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Holy shit!!

That is BRILLIANT!!!!!!

You're very welcome - as one who's been enjoying the labours of Mr W&W for years I'd tell you that these sounds are best enjoyed in the car, up loud and preferrably with every other seat empty. Some complete room clearers of records are on that blog. Go back a couple of pages from the current one to find - for example David Steele's jaw dropping funk single I Feel Liberal Alright.

• Haha 1