Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Sister Lucia

Anyway the Christian religion is completely contradictory and mainly false.

Aren't they all?

It's interesting that religion brings so much response from so many people, whether in favour or otherwise.

There is some sort of power working in there.

It's a mystery.

terminator, you know i am praying all those rosaries just for you.....

oh, free will- Doing good and avoiding evil

freedom..completely different.....you can do any thing you want...however, with a conseqence from the law.

what is sad about you, is that the only thing you have on me is my errors with grammer and what not...have you even looked into the truth of anything..wow

like i have said before, it would be easy for me to follow your concepts on life,and slowly die away to nothing...that would be simple...agreeing with all you say....however..i choose Christ. the road to hell is wide and free of obstacles....EASY...the road to Heaven is narrow with lots of obstacles....when i think about this, i wonder what my life would be like if i didn't care and followed the path to hell.....i feel it would be boring and unfilling. much like when you play a video game and you are playing on easy mode...you wish for something difficult....i guess i just love Christ that much...and don't worry...He totally has pity on you...on me....on everyone.

So please go and quote me, because you make me getting to Heaven that much easier!

i Hope to see you there my friend

God Bless,

Eileen

you have no idea the LOVE God has for you

....you have no idea the LOVE God has for you

...and neither do you.

Guest One Man Jury
the road to hell is wide and free of obstacles....EASY...the road to Heaven is narrow with lots of obstacles

Eileen

You forgot the road to purgatory. I'm beginning to think that you're not really a religious nut after all. Well, not religious anyway!

the road to hell is wide and free of obstacles....EASY...the road to Heaven is narrow with lots of obstacles...

In God's name why? Why doe He make it difficult? What's the point?

I'm only asking these questions as Devils advocate.

the road to hell is wide and free of obstacles....EASY...the road to Heaven is narrow with lots of obstacles

I couldn't disagree more.

I think that Religious types, Christians included, take the easy path in life, not the hard path. It is far, far easier for them to throw up their hands and trust that God will do His will instead of thinking for themselves and sorting it out on their own. With that kind of attitude, failure is the work of the devil (or God moving in mysterious ways, take your pick) and success is God's will prevailing or the wonderful power of prayer.

Life is cruel sometimes, life is hard sometimes, and other times it's damn good. God and the Devil have nothing to do with it. It's just the way life is.

To me religious people aren't willing to take on the responsibilities that come with being an adult on their own. They need boundaries, rules, guidelines to live within like children. I think being an adult with all the scary responsibilities that it entails is too much for some people, and they need the crutch of an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful diety that will ultimately reward them for being good little boys and girls.

I have seen it time and time again, where religious people's world-models are cast in black and white, good or evil, us and them--just like a child's view of the world. I'd absolutely love it if things were that easy. Unfortunately they're not.

I don't think it's any accident that religous nomenclature makes extensive use of "Father," "Mother," "Brother," "Sister," etc. to link itself with strongly bonded emotions from childhood.

Grow up. Take responsibility for your own life. Be an adult, not some clingy child that needs a comforter. Take a walk down the hard path using your own two feet.

Grow up. Take responsibility for your own life. Be an adult, not some clingy child that needs a comforter. Take a walk down the hard path using your own two feet.

Bravo.

Life is cruel sometimes, life is hard sometimes, and other times it's damn good. God and the Devil have nothing to do with it. It's just the way life is.

Good point, well made.

Good point, well made.

MeToo.

regards,

Hein

the road to Heaven is narrow with lots of obstacles

Eileen

Here's where religion and (soft) rock music come to loggerheads.....

You reckon that the Road to Heaven is full of obstacles. This could be a fair description of the M25. Yet Chris Rea devised the song "the Road to Hell" while stuck in traffic on that very same M25.

Who's right? An invisible super-entity or a rock performer who actually lives and breathes*.

*Note to moderator...Chris Rea could now be a 2005 candidate if Eileen get the curses going.....

Don't do any rosaries for me, I am a cybernetic organism (technically, my God is Skynet).

Terminator

I'll be back!

Guest Guest

Honez,

Until you can actually put yourself in to the position of a religious...you really have can not say that the life they lead is easy.

They Fast...something most people can't even do for a day...they pray constantly...they work in schools and pay bills....that is one of the reasons why most convents say you have to have a college degree....and all monasteries say the same....

The difference between your life and that of a religious is that you are selfish and petty, and they give themselves entirely to God. No i am not saying that every person who does not wish to be religious is EVil or is wrong nor am i saying that every religious is wonderful...there are many great people who are married, lead single lives, and do all they can to bring the people around them up in the faith.

so please, cut the crap with all the "religious people are lazy" because you don't even know what they do...the way you think is small minded and dull...I would like to see you try some of the things these religous people do. If You look at Mother Theresa...she worked with he sickest people in the world. People with the worst sicknesses...she did that to make them feel loved before they die. Here in the USA and around the world, people are killing off the elderly and killing innocent children because they make life too inconveint....the people that you say "do nothing" are the ones praying for you and people like you who do not believe...they are completely unselfish and work till the day they die....

Most women that live in colistered convents NEVER RETIRE.

So think about that when you turn 65, in the mean time...i will constanly pray for you...

God loves you and I more than we will EVER know

The thing is...I know He loves me....just because I can't feel the complete greatness of it doesn't mean i don't know...you won't even acknowledge His exsistence

Love

Eileen

"Father, into Your hands I commend My Spirit" Christ

Guest Guest_eileen

"In God's name why? Why doe He make it difficult? What's the point?

I'm only asking these questions as Devils advocate. "

God does these things to test us. Why did God put the forbidden fruit in the Garden where Adam and Eve lived? Why do alot of Discisions we make in life, end up being a huge MORAL issue...why why why. Before i became religious, i often pondered these things. God does this to see how much Love we have for Him. Sometimes parents do the same thing...they want to test you with certain things to see if what they taught you, you will end up doing right. God also put His Son Jesus on earth to see what He would do if tempted. Christ died for us...He loved us and Especially God so much that He died for our sins...that way we could get to heaven. Christ felt everything we feel, pain, sorrow, laughter, and especially suffering. So when hard times happen, even if you do not agree, i think you should try and just wisper...God I trust You..and mean it..by just doing that in any hard situation, I can promise you that it will all work out. Patience is also huge(He wants to see if you really do mean what you say) I know people are going to down what i just said, or they will say "ugh, I have already done that.....gave up hope a long time ago!" Just...try again...some of the weirdest things have happened to me...things i thought could never happen...happened because i trusted God....so to those people that down what I say...what would hurt to just try....what are you afraid to loose? i mean i am sure you try everything else in the world....just try....

"I completely trust You Lord"

I love,

Eileen

"Keep me with You...always"

Even if there is a God and he is testing us why do you feel the need to prove yourself? I can't think of anything worse in this life or the afterlife than having to live my life by what someone else tells me to do just because he's in charge. I didn't vote for him! B)

ps I'm slightly confused. If God loves us all and will forgive us then what is the point of hell? B)

Guest Guest

if you don't want to follow the rules...then why do you care?

if you don't want to follow the rules...then why do you care?

Just because I don't want to join a cult that doesn't mean I have no sympathy for its members.

Guest Guest

well then..

first, it is not a cult

second, hell is a consequence...if you do not follow the rules and disobey God knowing it...when you die and you are judged...you go to the firery pits of hell. Yes, God is completely forgiving....question is...are you completely sorry...

God has pity on those who do not know....

so careful what you question..because by knowing and purposly doing things to offend God...I really can say that those people will go to Hell

Honez,

Until you can actually put yourself in to the position of a religious...you really have can not say that the life they lead is easy.

They Fast...something most people can't even do for a day...they pray constantly...they work in schools and pay bills....

blah, blah, blah.

Why am I not surprised you miss my point entirely?

I am not saying religious people are LAZY, I'm saying that they are taking the easier road; The one where they don't have to make the decisions.

They live by deferring judgements to a higher power, be that God, the Bible, Priests, elders, whatever.

Everything is orderly and and ordered for them. Good is this, evil is that. Pray for these poor wretches, put money in this pot. Say this and do that. And if you don't keep to the rules, well that's okay as long as you admit it and say you're sorry then that's okay then.

Get a grip. It sounds like living in a kindergarten to me.

Let me restate my assertion so even you can understand...

I believe that people who put religion above all else are foolish, naive and childlike in their desire for someone to tell them what to do and how to do it, and they expect a nice big pat on the head for a job well done. Anyone else that plays outside their "rules" is naughty and deserves to be punished. That is what religion is.

first, it is not a cult

Yes it is. According to dictionary.com...

Cult:

A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

I believe that people who put religion above all else are foolish, naive and childlike in their desire for someone to tell them what to do and how to do it, and they expect a nice big pat on the head for a job well done. Anyone else that plays outside their "rules" is naughty and deserves to be punished. That is what religion is.

On a similar note: I think that many people who say they believe in God don't; they believe in Father Christmas.

That said: I don't care much what people believe, as long as they leave the rewarding and punishing to their gods. Beliefs (or lack thereof) don't make people good or bad. What they do (or don't) does.

regards,

Hein

By following any religion, you are putting yourself under the power of other human beings, not some supernatural deity.

What happened was, a few thousand years ago, some cleverer than average medicine man decided that he would explain all the things that people didn't understand, like fire, the sun, winter, disease, and most other things by saying that there was a powerful being living in the sky and he (the medicine man) was the only one who knew what everyone had to do in order not to invoke the wrath of this "god".

The result of this was that the medicine man, who called himself a priest, got given lots of food (sacrificial offerings) by the people, wore the best clothes, got to shag lots of virgins and had more money than anyone else. Nice work if you can get it.

Hell was necessary as a threat of eternal suffering for those who wouldn't join in, to make them guilty and scared. Same as Mr Bush is still trying to do today. (Though nobody would call him cleverer than average)

The altruistic, non self-serving, good side of religion led to many good things like charity and much of the music and architecture we have today, but people would have been nice to each other even without religion, I'm sure. And in many cases a lot less nasty to each other.

Some of your modern religions like the Mormons or the Jehova's Witnesses don't have hell. That is an attempt to make those religions more marketable to the white, middle-class community. A sort of low-risk investment. Has worked well for the Mormons making them filthy rich, but the Witnesses have lost a lot of credibility through consistently failing to predict the end of the world.

The Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Guilt Club in the world.

But religion arose and was successful because human beings have a need for it. That's people for you. Who knows what else the uncontrolled masses might have got up to?

By following any religion, you are putting yourself under the power of other human beings, not some supernatural deity..............

That is a very good description of how a monotheistic (having one god) religion can deceive millions of people.

The basis of religion is "faith" conveniently removing to necessity to provide proof that what the priests/prophets claim is actually true.

Natural human curiosity looks for explanations for 'miracles', and human arrogance is such that even if we can't explain something scientifically, we claim to know that it is a work of 'god'. Giving ourselves this "religious" explanation is more palatable to us than simply acknowledging our ignorance.

Ignorance is not the same thing as stupidity; assuming that we know all the answers is pretty close to stupidity, IMHO.

Of course this leaves open the possibility that God exists!!! That seems fair enough, so long as it remains just a possiblilty.

(There is also a rumour that Democracy exists! )

Eileen

Given your closeness to God, can you answer the following question, please?

As Sister Lucia (a nun) and Max Schmeling (WWII german paratrooper) are the only 2005-listed people to die this year, do you reckon that God's planning to produce his own version of the Sound of Music?

Just a thought.

Terminator

haha...cute...

all my love.

eileen

"i live only for Heaven"

Guest One Man Jury
"i live only for Heaven"

Isn't that what Michael Barrymore used to say.

A very short message Eileen. Are you ill?