Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toast

Guess The Song

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Winfield said:

OK - so, a "speedy" song from the mid-90's by an American rock trio...

 

My fist thought was Green Day - Give Me Novocaine here, but Novacaine is apparently not speed's real name so I'm stuck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Deathray said:

 

My fist thought was Green Day - Give Me Novocaine here, but Novacaine is apparently not speed's real name so I'm stuck...

 

Clue - their most famous song was an absolute peach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Winfield said:

 

Clue - their most famous song was an absolute peach...

Hmm... Dune Buggy by the Presidents of the United States of America?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hmm... Dune Buggy by the Presidents of the United States of America?

 

Almost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mach 5 by The Presidents of the United States of America.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Mach 5 by The Presidents of the United States of America.....

 

Correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dammit that means I'm up......

 

A typically violent tool related song from this eponymous modern punk band with 3 UK Top 40 albums (although all in the 2010s which may be out of many on here's remit)  who's lead singer broke from a moderately successful noughties hardcore punk band (a top 40 album and a top 40 collab single with Lethal Bizzle of all people) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^And just in case anybody needs any more clues, the top 40 collab with Lethal Bizzle song by the lead artists of the active band's former band was a cover of a top 40 song by late 70s/early 80s punk band The Ruts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I put in some effort as you apparently want to give the hosting duties away quickly....

 

is it.... "Crowbar" by Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Okay, I put in some effort as you apparently want to give the hosting duties away quickly....

 

is it.... "Crowbar" by Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes?

 

Yup. That's it.....

 

I'm assuming by 'put in some effort' you mean 'googled' because if Frank Carter is suddenly big in Germany (or Polsnd?) this world no longer makes sense.:lol:

 

Your turn....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deathray said:

 

Yup. That's it.....

 

I'm assuming by 'put in some effort' you mean 'googled' because if Frank Carter is suddenly big in Germany (or Polsnd?) this world no longer makes sense.:lol:

 

Your turn....

 

 

Well, I googled that rapper.... and then that feature song with that band... and then the former members, and then that band (had to check several people AND bands...) and then the song on that album....

 

Okay, next song....

biggest chart success of this Welsh musician. The video is about twice as long as the song and contains 44 uses of the word "fuck". The song itself only has one intelligible line, in french.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 23:40, gcreptile said:

Well, I googled that rapper.... and then that feature song with that band... and then the former members, and then that band (had to check several people AND bands...) and then the song on that album....

 

Okay, next song....

biggest chart success of this Welsh musician. The video is about twice as long as the song and contains 44 uses of the word "fuck". The song itself only has one intelligible line, in french.

 

Okay, next hint:

If the song only has one line of lyrics, it's not a rap song, is it? It's more.... electronic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 22:40, gcreptile said:

Well, I googled that rapper.... and then that feature song with that band... and then the former members, and then that band (had to check several people AND bands...) and then the song on that album....

 

Okay, next song....

15 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Okay, next hint:

If the song only has one line of lyrics, it's not a rap song, is it? It's more.... electronic.

  

 

First thought was Goldie Looking Chain - Guns Don't Kill People Rappers Do but that has more than one intelligible line despite oodles of (bleeped) profanity....

 

 

I think were going to need more hints...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, it's the late 90s, like, very late. In spite of it being the biggest hit, it was only Top 20, not Top 10. But it's still regarded as a classic by many critics and listeners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made a mistake...ahem... while the musician has made use of the Welsh language, he isn't welsh himself... more like Cornish...

(sorry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Don't Give a Fuck by SFA - sort of - fits the bill but they're a band

 

Though, there is a Howard Marks mix

 

And he and the SFA are/were all Welsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Man Don't Give a Fuck by SFA - sort of - fits the bill but they're a band

 

Though, there is a Howard Marks mix

 

And he and the SFA are/were all Welsh

Very sorry, the Welsh origin was a fuck-up of mine. See post above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it the 5 minutes of groaning that goes by the name 'Windowlicker', by Aphex Twin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Is it the 5 minutes of groaning that goes by the name 'Windowlicker', by Aphex Twin?

Indeed.... sorry, the Welsh thing must have led you astray....

 

...after that, it gets easy...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Indeed.... sorry, the Welsh thing must have led you astray....

 

...after that, it gets easy...

 

 

 

To be fair, I spent a lot of time trying to think of songs that just repeatedly screamed the word 'fuck' until I read the clues properly :lol:

 

So...to follow this up, this next song is from a Welsh act. It's a fairly high tempo rock song that was boosted in popularity by being featured in a PlayStation game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah. This song is faster-paced than that. Similar in terms of age though, maybe only a year or two later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The song was the last this band did with their original drummer. It broke the Top 20 twice, first as a B-side, in the early 00’s. It was the theme song to an equally fast-paced game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Feeder - Buck Rogers?


So close!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use