Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

Sir Patrick Moore is dying.I am telling you an announcement of his death could come any day now.(Im sorry if that upsets any of you).I am willing to bet £100 that he wil be next to go from this  years list.

Remember what happened last time you bet.

I believe it was on Ronnie Biggs.

What's your source anyway?

Betting on death. Mines with Patrick Moore.

He seems to be this years Rodney Dangerfeild. ;)

Well Rodney turned out just right - Let's see if Patrick Moore

can follow in his footsteps.

Hopefully he will oblige.

Guest iain

It gives me no pleaure to predict the imminent death of Sir Patrick.I kind of like the old bugger.But I have a feeling that he might take his own life rather than spend years as an invalid not able to do any more observing or writing etc.I believe he is a strong believer in euthnasia.

Guest iain

Damn it ive just lost £100.Rosa Parks just died ahead of Patrick.I still think he could be no 12 though

Damn it ive just lost £100.Rosa Parks just died ahead of Patrick.I still think he could be no 12 though

I feel for you.

Regards,

ff

Guest iain

thanks

I believe he is a strong believer in euthnasia.

If he's such a considerate soul with regards to quality of life I wonder how he'd take it if one of the DL contacted him and pointed out how much better some of our lives would be if we collected the winnings from bets about his immenent death.

Guest iain

yet another key astronomical event has passed (the opposition of Mars)w thout any sign of Sir Pat on tv or radio to talk about it.I m getting really worried about him.I hope hes well enough to present next sundays Sky at Night (which i think has been delayed by a week.I hope it snot because of Patricks failing health.)Anyway we will see how he looks next sunday hopefully

Guest Guest

Nah it's not been delayed for a week, it's always on the first sunday of every month.

Guest iain

hes definately fading from view though.It wil be interesting to see if he is able to present all or most of next sundays s how or if he just does a bit at the beginning and end like last time.If so you have to seriously wonder just how sick he is

Guest iain

I was sad to see that once again he was only able to present a small segment of the show.hes clearly too unwell to ever present the show entirely by himself ever again.His slurring seems to be getting worse as though hes trying to speak through a lot of pain,or may have suffered a stroke.Its sad to see him in such a sorry state. :P

The one consolation being that he's on here so a few of us will score a point when he slurs his last.

If he does not cake it this year, it would be a good idea to include him on next year's list. I don't see him lasting another year.

Cake it?

Never having seen Mr. Moore eat any sort of confectionery, I'm not *the authority* on this, but I don't reckon he'd be into cake. I see him "Moore" as a traditional Christmas Pud type of chap.

I certainly can't picture him tucking into a Black Forest Gateau (hun fodder) or even a Victoria Sponge/butter-cream sandwich cake. Maybe the odd fairy cake here or there with a cup of Earl Grey, but certainly not anything as extravagant as these.

Perhaps he's "Moore" into his space cakes? :D

Cake it?

Sorry for the confusion. It is a local expression/slang for people who meet their demise over the Christmas season.

ff :(

Cake it?

Sorry for the confusion. It is a local expression/slang for people who meet their demise over the Christmas season.

ff ;)

If they die at Easter, do they 'egg it'?? Or even 'rab it' :(

'rab it' ;)

:(

Cake it?

ff :(

Cake it,

Sounds like a good expression for when somebody dies on their birthday.

Great idea but hope it doesn't happen to Patrick Moore - his birthday's not until March.

Had a dream last night that he died. They dont call me Cassandra for nothing! :lol:

Had a dream last night that he died. They dont call me Cassandra for nothing! :P

Now everyone is having dreams, So that may very well

make me some sort of spiritual\mind influence on many

fellow deathlisters.

The most recent dream of mine that I can remember was me sitting on a wall.

Don't know why I was sitting on the wall....

Are you sure you weren't sitting under a bridge waiting for goats? (Oh ghosts)

Don't know why I was sitting on the wall....

Bed time stories of Humpty Dumpty could surely

anwer your qustion. :P