Guest Arnold

Sir Patrick Moore

Ik being told that despite what his agent says that Sir Patrick is gravely ill.We will see what the truth is in coming days i suppose

Where did you get this information?

Ik being told that despite what his agent says that Sir Patrick is gravely ill.We will see what the truth is in coming days i suppose

You may be right, or not, but what is your source?

Otherwise, it just looks like you are making stuff up.

His agent says he'll be released hopefully on Thursday. That's been put on numerous news sites. I've still not seen signs to the contrary.

Guest iain

Sir Patrick Moore will be released from hospital..to die.He only has weeks to live apparentely.Could be lung cancer

You see I phoned the hospital !

If this is true, which I doubt, which Doctor did you speak to?

There is such a thing as patient confidentiality and whoever told you would (or should) be sacked immediately - I used to work in the NHS, so I know.

I knew Bob Monkhouse was dying, but wasn't allowed to tell anyone, not even my family.

Besides if it is true, they wouldn't bother to fit a pacemaker would they?!

iain, by any chance was your great-great-great grandfather known as the boy who cried wolf?

Guest iain

it was Doctor Who

There is such a thing as patient confidentiality and whoever told you would (or should) be sacked immediately - I used to work in the NHS, so I know.

I knew Bob Monkhouse was dying, but wasn't allowed to tell anyone, not even my family.

If he had lasted a the extra three days, would you have had him on your 2004 DDP?

If he had lasted a the extra three days, would you have had him on your 2004 DDP?

I did, actually. Obviously had to put a replacement in.

There is one person on the DDP who is on there for precisely the same reasons as Monkhouse would've been, but has responded better to treatment. They're on my DDP list this year.

The last I heard was that Patrick would be alright! He aint half gettin' on a bit though!!

Sir Patrick Moore will be released from hospital..to die.He only has weeks to live apparentely.Could be lung cancer

Lung Cancer you say? He's in with heart trouble iain.

How dare you spoil his fun with these "facts" of yours. Afox on thee Windsor, afox. :D

:lol:

Whatever Iain chooses to smoke isn't of our kind. :D

However... Patrick Moore may be star number 3 this year?

CP. s'cuse the irrelevance of the post but.....cold climate or not,yer headgear in the latest avator picture is an unacceptable fashion statement in 2006. Just my opinion,like.

Oh yeah, and a press contact tells me they're not revving up the Patrick Moore obit this week.

Looks like he'll be fine after a few months of down time... though there's still plenty of time this year that someting else might happen.

Someone could die tommorow?

It just might even be one of us. :)

someone could die tomorrow

Good call!

Guest iain

i hope old Pat recovers and is with us for a couple more years yet..but if i had a tenner for every time ive heard that someone is doing well after anm operation or diagnosis only for them to have some kind of serious relapse shortly after i would be rich..so lets not get too carried away with positivity here..Sir Patrick is still an extremely frail,sick old man,and nobody lives forever...

PS do i get a cookie for this being my 500th post or something?

you never know he could be hit by a bus. It could happen, it happened to Richard Bright last month

i hope old Pat recovers and is with us for a couple more years yet..but if i had a tenner for every time ive heard that someone is doing well after anm operation or diagnosis only for them to have some kind of serious relapse shortly after i would be rich..so lets not get too carried away with positivity here..Sir Patrick is still an extremely frail,sick old man,and nobody lives forever...

PS do i get a cookie for this being my 500th post or something?

GRcookie.jpg

How about this cake to celebrate!

Guest iain

can i download that to eat for tea?

ps this is the 321st post..almost lke we were counting down to something...

Guest iain

anyone happen to know if hes out of hospital yet?Because if hes still in hospital it can only mean things are not going to plan...

anyone happen to know if hes out of hospital yet?Because if hes still in hospital it can only mean things are not going to plan...

It doesn't mean anything iain.

Lets not forget number 2 on this years list (I've forgotten his name). He had some sort of herat surgery and he was in hospital for ages.

He's doing fine now though. :P

It doesn't mean anything iain.

Lets not forget number 2 on this years list (I've forgotten his name). He had some sort of herat surgery and he was in hospital for ages.

He's doing fine now though. :P

The number 2 selection seems to have been a major risk type pick. I would guess the kind of selection..

That is hopefully expected to die early on and since........it's mid March we may have to expect the number 2 canidate to just be taking up space for the remainder of the year. :lol:

John Kenneth Galbraith would have been more the style. :D