Jump to content
Death Impends

Inverse Dead Pool 2019

Recommended Posts

Early lead for me!

 

No, hang on a minute...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly everyone thought Andrew was Fairlie likely to die this year. Three teams failed to see the recipe for disaster headed in their direction, and are the first with points this year.

 

=1.

An Fear Beag

0

=1.

Banana

0

=1.

Bibliogryphon

0

=1.

Book

0

=1.

BuffaloPhil

0

=1.

CaptainChorizo

0

=1.

charon

0

=1.

Clorox Bleachman

0

=1.

deadsox

0

=1.

Death Impends

0

=1.

Dr_T

0

=1.

drol

0

=1.

En Passant

0

=1.

FixedBusiness

0

=1.

gcreptile

0

=1.

GraveDanger

0

=1.

Great Uncle Bulgaria

0

=1.

Grim Up North

0

=1.

JoeMoneypenny

0

=1.

Joey Russ

0

=1.

machotrouts

0

=1.

manuel

0

=1.

markb4

0

=1.

Master Tech

0

=1.

Mercarte

0

=1.

Neobrakeon

0

=1.

Newjack

0

=1.

paddyfool

0

=1.

Pedro67

0

=1.

Phantom of the Midway

0

=1.

Philip

0

=1.

QTips

0

=1.

Sir Creep

0

=1.

Sir Creep's daughter

0

=1.

Skinny kiltrunner

0

=1.

Spade_Cooley

0

=1.

The Mad Hatter

0

=1.

The Old Crem

0

=1.

The Quim Reaper

0

=1.

The Unknown Man

0

=1.

theoldlady

0

=1.

Toast

0

=1.

Torva Messor

0

=1.

Wormfarmer

0

=1.

YoungWillz

0

46.

nantonian2013

9

47.

Bentrovato

10

48.

msc

19

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey this one started?  I have my daughters list lol I can’t get to it till tomorrow.  Just drove 760 miles I’m going to bed

SC

(Edit, I had her pick numbers at random, I just need to transpose the names to the numbers)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to be winning something...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Hey this one started?  I have my daughters list lol I can’t get to it till tomorrow.  Just drove 760 miles I’m going to bed

SC

 

The deadline for entries has passed, but...

 

I will be lenient in this case and still enter your daughter's list. Make sure to give it to me within the next 48 hours though. It'll be treated as if it were entered pre-deadline ie if Fairlie's on it, she gets points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Nearly everyone thought Andrew was Fairlie likely to die this year. Three teams failed to see the recipe for disaster headed in their direction, and are the first with points this year.

 

=1.

 

An Fear Beag

 

0

 

=1.

 

Banana

 

0

 

=1.

 

Bibliogryphon

 

0

 

=1.

 

Book

 

0

 

=1.

 

BuffaloPhil

 

0

 

=1.

 

CaptainChorizo

 

0

 

=1.

 

charon

 

0

 

=1.

 

Clorox Bleachman

 

0

 

=1.

 

deadsox

 

0

 

=1.

 

Death Impends

 

0

 

=1.

 

Dr_T

 

0

 

=1.

 

drol

 

0

 

=1.

 

En Passant

 

0

 

=1.

 

FixedBusiness

 

0

 

=1.

 

gcreptile

 

0

 

=1.

 

GraveDanger

 

0

 

=1.

 

Great Uncle Bulgaria

 

0

 

=1.

 

Grim Up North

 

0

 

=1.

 

JoeMoneypenny

 

0

 

=1.

 

Joey Russ

 

0

 

=1.

 

machotrouts

 

0

 

=1.

 

manuel

 

0

 

=1.

 

markb4

 

0

 

=1.

 

Master Tech

 

0

 

=1.

 

Mercarte

 

0

 

=1.

 

Neobrakeon

 

0

 

=1.

 

Newjack

 

0

 

=1.

 

paddyfool

 

0

 

=1.

 

Pedro67

 

0

 

=1.

 

Phantom of the Midway

 

0

 

=1.

 

Philip

 

0

 

=1.

 

QTips

 

0

 

=1.

 

Sir Creep

 

0

 

=1.

 

Skinny kiltrunner

 

0

 

=1.

 

Spade_Cooley

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Mad Hatter

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Old Crem

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Quim Reaper

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Unknown Man

 

0

 

=1.

 

theoldlady

 

0

 

=1.

 

Toast

 

0

 

=1.

 

Torva Messor

 

0

 

=1.

 

Wormfarmer

 

0

 

=1.

 

YoungWillz

 

0

 

45.

 

nantonian2013

 

9

 

46.

 

Bentrovato

 

10

 

47.

 

msc

 

19

 

 

 

 

Cool.  I'm in the top 44!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 15:54, Death Impends said:

 

The deadline for entries has passed, but...

 

I will be lenient in this case and still enter your daughter's list. Make sure to give it to me within the next 48 hours though. It'll be treated as if it were entered pre-deadline ie if Fairlie's on it, she gets points.

 

Damn shite day at work, if it can go wrong it has (I had a list of 9 disasters) and I have two bumbling trainees, a field supervisor who has made two unannounced visits in two days (inexplicably) and on top of all that we were told we were living in a hotel, then this morning told we had a trailer coming on site—after I moved everything I brought into a hotel.  So I’m moving at 4am on the morrow.  I promise her list is at the forefront of my efforts in the morning.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just confirming Sir Creep has given me his daughter's team and it shall be entered once I'm home about 7 hours from now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

 

Damn shite day at work, if it can go wrong it has (I had a list of 9 disasters) and I have two bumbling trainees, a field supervisor who has made two unannounced visits in two days (inexplicably) and on top of all that we were told we were living in a hotel, then this morning told we had a trailer coming on site—after I moved everything I brought into a hotel.  So I’m moving at 4am on the morrow.  I promise her list is at the forefront of my efforts in the morning.

 

I love it when someone from Louisiana says "shite".

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:05, Death Impends said:

Nearly everyone thought Andrew was Fairlie likely to die this year. Three teams failed to see the recipe for disaster headed in their direction, and are the first with points this year.

 

=1.

 

An Fear Beag

 

0

 

=1.

 

Banana

 

0

 

=1.

 

Bibliogryphon

 

0

 

=1.

 

Book

 

0

 

=1.

 

BuffaloPhil

 

0

 

=1.

 

CaptainChorizo

 

0

 

=1.

 

charon

 

0

 

=1.

 

Clorox Bleachman

 

0

 

=1.

 

deadsox

 

0

 

=1.

 

Death Impends

 

0

 

=1.

 

Dr_T

 

0

 

=1.

 

drol

 

0

 

=1.

 

En Passant

 

0

 

=1.

 

FixedBusiness

 

0

 

=1.

 

gcreptile

 

0

 

=1.

 

GraveDanger

 

0

 

=1.

 

Great Uncle Bulgaria

 

0

 

=1.

 

Grim Up North

 

0

 

=1.

 

JoeMoneypenny

 

0

 

=1.

 

Joey Russ

 

0

 

=1.

 

machotrouts

 

0

 

=1.

 

manuel

 

0

 

=1.

 

markb4

 

0

 

=1.

 

Master Tech

 

0

 

=1.

 

Mercarte

 

0

 

=1.

 

Neobrakeon

 

0

 

=1.

 

Newjack

 

0

 

=1.

 

paddyfool

 

0

 

=1.

 

Pedro67

 

0

 

=1.

 

Phantom of the Midway

 

0

 

=1.

 

Philip

 

0

 

=1.

 

QTips

 

0

 

=1.

 

Sir Creep

 

0

 

=1.

 

Skinny kiltrunner

 

0

 

=1.

 

Spade_Cooley

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Mad Hatter

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Old Crem

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Quim Reaper

 

0

 

=1.

 

The Unknown Man

 

0

 

=1.

 

theoldlady

 

0

 

=1.

 

Toast

 

0

 

=1.

 

Torva Messor

 

0

 

=1.

 

Wormfarmer

 

0

 

=1.

 

YoungWillz

 

0

 

45.

 

nantonian2013

 

9

 

46.

 

Bentrovato

 

10

 

47.

 

msc

 

19

 

 

 

"Fairlie likely" and "recipe for disaster".  Good ones DI!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deadsox said:

 

I love it when someone from Louisiana says "shite".

I've said a number of times, I try very hard to assimilate.  You should hear my Cajun accent!  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sir Creep's daughter has been added to the database, and the first scoreboard/stats and facts both updated to reflect this. The doors are now completely shut - no other late entries are permitted.

 

Her team is as follows:

 

George Alagiah
Andrew McGahan
Olivia Newton-John
Herman Wouk
Valerie Harper
Paul Gascoigne

Jill Gascoigne
Tim Conway
Fernando Ricksen
Johnny Clegg
Henry Kissinger
June Brown
Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Greaves
Robert Mugabe
Marieke Vervoort
Michael Robinson
Prunella Scales
Stirling Moss
Nobby Stiles
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Terry Jones
Lee Kerslake
John McCririck
Vera Lynn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Sir Creep's daughter

I see this is also the name entered in the masterlist. Call me odd, but surely no young lady would really wish to be stuck with this appellation even as a default? Come on SC lets have a decent pseudonym at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She also needs to learn how to spell Jill Gascoine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those people who picked Andrew McGahan didn’t see the weeks to live article I guess (well, apart from the jinxing team)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Those people who picked Andrew McGahan didn’t see the weeks to live article I guess (well, apart from the jinxing team)...

Nope....only knew he had months which should have put him into early summer. 
He pulled a Pat Conroy 'battle' against cancer.  'Weeks to live' article was to save face.  :burn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most teams anticipated Andrew McGahan would soon be having his Last Drinks. Now that he's Underground, not much Praise to be had for the five teams to select him.

 

=1.

An Fear Beag

0

=1.

Banana

0

=1.

Bibliogryphon

0

=1.

Book

0

=1.

BuffaloPhil

0

=1.

CaptainChorizo

0

=1.

charon

0

=1.

Clorox Bleachman

0

=1.

deadsox

0

=1.

Death Impends

0

=1.

Dr_T

0

=1.

drol

0

=1.

En Passant

0

=1.

FixedBusiness

0

=1.

gcreptile

0

=1.

GraveDanger

0

=1.

Great Uncle Bulgaria

0

=1.

Grim Up North

0

=1.

JoeMoneypenny

0

=1.

Joey Russ

0

=1.

machotrouts

0

=1.

manuel

0

=1.

markb4

0

=1.

Master Tech

0

=1.

Mercarte

0

=1.

Newjack

0

=1.

paddyfool

0

=1.

Pedro67

0

=1.

Phantom of the Midway

0

=1.

Philip

0

=1.

QTips

0

=1.

Sir Creep

0

=1.

Skinny kiltrunner

0

=1.

Spade_Cooley

0

=1.

The Mad Hatter

0

=1.

The Quim Reaper

0

=1.

theoldlady

0

=1.

Toast

0

=1.

Torva Messor

0

=1.

Wormfarmer

0

=1.

YoungWillz

0

=42.

Neobrakeon

6

=42.

The Old Crem

6

=42.

The Unknown Man

6

45.

nantonian2013

9

46.

Bentrovato

10

47.

Sir Creep's daughter

24

48.

msc

41

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah well the wean has 2 or 3 she picked, and in bad spots.  But that proves the team legit.  I winced when I sent it in.  
Need a better team name.  Feel free to make one up (in good taste tyvm).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Yeah well the wean has 2 or 3 she picked, and in bad spots.  But that proves the team legit.  I winced when I sent it in.  
Need a better team name.  Feel free to make one up (in good taste tyvm).

 

I recall you mentioned her squad as Team Wean in the PM so might just use that to refer to your daughter's team if I can't think of anything better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alas for the Andrews! Both of whom were in the list of ten least popular picks to survive, of course...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said Team Wean when I sent the wean's team in....so if we could change it to that, that would be great.
Actually a mandate from the boss....

 

216FF085-7934-489C-BC54-6DBD5A2B8BD3.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yer wee one's now Team Wean in my database and will show up as such in future scoreboards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doris Day - Inverse carnage I imagine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Doris Day - Inverse carnage I imagine.

She's this year's Chuck Berry for me!

 

Wasn't she working in fucking Macdonalds or summat last year? It's the Black Hills of Dakota for my score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Doris Day - Inverse carnage I imagine.

 

Indeed, tenth most popular pick, full scoreboard to come in about 7 hours...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use