Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

2019 General Election - 4 way Clusterfuck or a End to Brexit?

9 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Sinn Fein at only .5% means  99.5% of the UK is voting incorrectly

Believe it or not, the Sinn Fein candidates in South East England are few and far between.

9 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

That...is...horrific. 

EXIT POLL: 

CON: 368

LAB: 191

SNP: 55

LD: 13

PC: 3

GRN: 1

BXP: 0

OTHER: 19

Absolutely fuck this.

Actual result (awaiting 2 but they’re gonna be Tory)

CON: 365

LAB: 203

SNP: 48

LD: 11

PC: 4

OTH: 18

I mean that’s seriously impressive in terms of the accuracy of the exit poll.

Now to live with the consequences of our disgusting electorate for 5 years.

• Angry 2

9 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Actual result (awaiting 2 but they’re gonna be Tory)

CON: 365

LAB: 203

SNP: 48

LD: 11

PC: 4

OTH: 18

I mean that’s seriously impressive in terms of the accuracy of the exit poll.

Now to live with the consequences of our disgusting electorate for 5 years.

On the brightside if the parliament lasts five years  that's around a million more dead Leavers.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

On the brightside if the parliament lasts five years  that's around a million more dead Leavers.

Any of them obitable and the early part of that timeframe? :evil2:

No time being wasted in the Labour corridors.....

Richard Burgon is a solid bloke he would however be a dreadful leader.

I hate to say this, but it was a smart move by Nigel Farage to only put Brexit Party candidates where Conservatives didn't win last time. It meant that at least 1k or 2k votes went to them which meant there being sometimes a loss for Labour of only 1k or even a few hundred.

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

No time being wasted in the Labour corridors.....

Richard Burgon is a solid bloke he would however be a dreadful leader.

The next leader needs to be someone better known, who's not so much a Corbynite, who will hold Johnson to account at every turn without fail.

Sir Keir Starmer makes sense, as does Jess Phillips, and I reckon these are probably just about the best choices they've got; they're the sort of no-nonsense candidates the Tories are fearing. Emily Thornberry wouldn't be a terrible choice either, or David Lammy, though it's unlikely he'll stand for leadership.

Richard Burgon is an absolute no-no. The other one I've been fearing will pipe up is Rebecca Wrong-Daily, who'd also be fucking terrible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The next leader needs to be someone better known, who's not so much a Corbynite, who will hold Johnson to account at every turn without fail.

Sir Keir Starmer makes sense, as does Jess Phillips, and I reckon these are probably just about the best choices they've got; they're the sort of no-nonsense candidates the Tories are fearing. Emily Thornberry wouldn't be a terrible choice either, or David Lammy, though it's unlikely he'll stand for leadership.

Richard Burgon is an absolute no-no. The other one I've been fearing will pipe up is Rebecca Wrong-Daily, who'd also be fucking terrible.

The Tories will be absolutely shitting Dan Jarvis.

Starmer is too remainy.

Jess Philip's is easy to destroy media wise and would be out of her depth leaders wise.

If LongBailey gets in then the Tories will be popping champagne corks for 2024. The Burgon one looks like a parody thankfully.

Lisa Nandy looking a potential contender as well. 

16 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Starmer is too remainy.

Jess Philip's is easy to destroy media wise and would be out of her depth leaders wise.

Disagree on both counts.

Being too 'remainy' isn't really what harmed the last leader, and still wouldn't now. They've got to be effective opposition, so their stance on Brexit is part of that. After all, way more than half the votes cast were for remain parties. Starmer has proven that he can absolutely eviscerate opposition in PMQs, he's very popular, not too far left, and decent and honest without being a bumbling old biffer like Corbyn. Number 1 choice.

Jess Phillips is indefatigable and does not take shit. People listen to her because she's direct and unashamedly connects with the working class, which would bring many of the northerners back on side. She would fuck Boris in PMQs, from arsehole to breakfast. Close number 2.

Nandy, meh. Jarvis wouldn't be totally disastrous but his seat was fairly close.

John Mann and Laura pidcock would of been labour leaders with a chance of winning an election. Not from 203 seats but certainly from 260 seats.Corbyn should of gone after the 2017 election. It will be a female as they've never had a female leader and they need something like that to reinvigorate the party and most of the frontrunners are female. I'm going for Lisa Nandy too but who knows she might not run.

Another prediction Tony Blair will try a comeback to labour in some capacity. 

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

John Mann and Laura pidcock would of been labour leaders with a chance of winning an election. Not from 203 seats but certainly from 260 seats.Corbyn should of gone after the 2017 election. It will be a female as they've never had a female leader and they need something like that to reinvigorate the party and most of the frontrunners are female. I'm going for Lisa Nandy too but who knows she might not run.

Another prediction Tony Blair will try a comeback to labour in some capacity. 

The grapevine is this co-leader idea that was being mooted will be firmed up and Nandy and Lammy will stand on a joint ticket. 

Blair absolutely will not come back to Labour, we wouldn't have him.

Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted is a phrase that comes to mind.

35 minutes ago, Toast said:

Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted is a phrase that comes to mind.

Whoever we elect now will be torn apart over the next 5 years anyway.

The only time's since Attlee that Labour have replaced the Tories in power with a PM who hasn't already served as a PM we're:

In 1964 after Gaitsekell died in 1963

In 1997 after Smith died in 1994

We'll need to elect someone now and replace them in late 2023 to prevent the media destroying them.

4 hours ago, Kinnock said:

The grapevine is this co-leader idea that was being mooted will be firmed up and Nandy and Lammy will stand on a joint ticket. 

Blair absolutely will not come back to Labour, we wouldn't have him.

The green party currently doing that aren't they? I just think they'll be a effort to just have a female leader. Maybe only females will put themselves forward? David Lammy is really not that popular outside of London. Lisa Nandy seems to tick all the boxes . 

Just thought on if the remoaners,FBPE and people pushing for a second referendum accepted the Brexit result and the vote of the people and people like Jo swinson and Anna soubry etc voted though Brexit bill and didn't try and block no deal they'd still be in parliament ,the Tories would have a slim majority and any potential election coming up wouldn't of had the spectre of Brexit hanging over it allowing labour to concentrate on NHS and cuts and none Brexit related policies. These people in parliament are that smart are they?

4a4.gif

35 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

The green party currently doing that aren't they? I just think they'll be a effort to just have a female leader. Maybe only females will put themselves forward? David Lammy is really not that popular outside of London. Lisa Nandy seems to tick all the boxes . 

Yup, the Green Party do the whole co-leader bollocks, personally i think it's stupid for a party the size of Labour to try and emulate it.

David Lammy would be a bloody dreadful choice.

The sensible thing here is for Labour to split into two factions that only contest certain seats 'Momentum' in London and inner city areas and then a more central Labour force with more traditional views on defense etc that contests the north of the country etc.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Yup, the Green Party do the whole co-leader bollocks, personally i think it's stupid for a party the size of Labour to try and emulate it.

David Lammy would be a bloody dreadful choice.

The sensible thing here is for Labour to split into two factions that only contest certain seats 'Momentum' in London and inner city areas and then a more central Labour force with more traditional views on defense etc that contests the north of the country etc.  

That sounds too sensible for labour to implement. I think a split is the only way this is going to end. 

If Jess Phillips got in there would be a lot of people who joined the party post 2015 who would leave. Unfortunately they would have nowhere to go. Only the Greens occupy similar political space and they would not appeal to disgruntled trade unionists.

31 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If Jess Phillips got in there would be a lot of people who joined the party post 2015 who would leave. Unfortunately they would have nowhere to go. Only the Greens occupy similar political space and they would not appeal to disgruntled trade unionists.

We'll go back to the Greens in  the same way many of those people did in 2015 after the Lib Dems abandoned them and it appears a number of anti-Corbyn Labourites have done this time round (idiots).

Votes for Green Party

2010 - 265,247 (0.9%)

2015 - 1,111,603 (3.8%)

2017 - 525,665 (1.6%)

2019 - 835,579 (2.7%)

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The problem I have with Jess Phillips is the unequivocal support she gave to the fantasist Esther Baker, who is currently under investigation for perverting the course of justice.   The man Baker falsely accused, John Hemming, was the previous incumbent of Phillips' parliamentary seat.   To try and make political capital out of false allegations of child abuse - and to subsequently fail to offer any apology for this course of action - strike me as the acts of someone who is unworthy of holding political office, let alone the party leadership.

10 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Apathy wins again

I suppose it makes sense after what was on offer.

33 minutes ago, redrumours said:

I suppose it makes sense after what was on offer.

To be fair Blair was the last PM to beat the apathetic....

47,587,254 (Registered)

31,829,630 (Voted)

15,757,624 (Non-Voters)

13,966,565 (Winning Party)

46,843,896 (Registered)

32,204,184 (Voted)

14,639,712 (Non-Voters)

46,354,197 (Registered)

30,697,525 (Voted)

15,656,672 (Non-Voters)

11,334,226 (Winning Party)

45,597,461 (Registered)