Richard Gere is 74 today.

Richard_Gere,_December_2017.jpg

• Like 1

Barry Gibb is 77.

image.jpeg.6eb1abc619018d38ebbf31ab4ebb4ae6.jpeg

He's spent another year... stayin' alive (albeit that's not the song of his that I've chose).

• Like 1

American psychologist, author and TV personality Phil McGraw, who is known for his show "Dr. Phil", is 73 today.

Photo Credit: Angela George per Creative Commons license

Dr.Phil2013.jpg

• Like 1

Yang Xiuli was born in Fuxin, Liaoning 40 years ago, is a Chinese judoka in the category up to 78 kg.
He won the gold medal at the 2008 Olympic Games

Xiuli Yang of China, who won an Olympic gold medal six months later in Beijing, waves to the large audience before receiving the u78kgs gold medal at...

Paul Verhaegh was born in Kronenberg, 40 years ago, the former Dutch footballer played in the 2014 World Cup

image.jpeg.7339670ad9f5bde826dfa04270deb361.jpeg

William Troost-Ekong was born 30 years ago in Haarlem, Netherlands, and played in the 2016 Olympics for Nigeria (bronze medal) and the 2018 World Cup, played for Udinese (ITA), Watford (ENG) and is in PAOK ( GRE)

William Troost-Ekong

Sergio Rico was born in Seville, and 30 years ago, the goalkeeper played for Seville, Fulham and was at PSG when he suffered a serious accident falling from a horse, being hospitalized for 3 months

image.jpeg.4cc2ef3234c524bd88c7023f62b02d6e.jpeg

• Like 1

Jungkook is 26 today.

Jungkook_BBC_Radio_1_2023.png

• Like 1

Actor, presenter, musician and celebrity father Keith Allen is 70 today.

His most familiar contribution to the arts is probably the football anthem "Vindaloo" (1998) in the band Fat Les. which reached number 2; a less-successful Christmas single followed, with Naughty Christmas (Goblin in the Office) reaching number 21 (again in 1998). 

A return to familiar territory in 2000 with Fat Les's  release of Jerusalem for the Euro's was more successful, reaching number 10 but a release for the 2002 World Cup, Who Invented Fish & Chips?  (with Lily Allen's first recording credit) only reached number 86. After a 10 year hiatus, the band reappeared as Fit Les, with a song for London 2012 Olympics, which didn't fare as well as the British team, failing to chart.

Thus ended Fat Les.

20 minutes ago, time said:

Actor, presenter, musician and celebrity father Keith Allen is 70 today.

His most familiar contribution to the arts is probably the football anthem "Vindaloo" (1998) in the band Fat Les.

I have to disagree, his prolific acting career easily eclipses his novelty records.  He's versatile but particularly effective in villainous roles.  Stand-outs for me include an utter snake of a doctor in Bodies, and the escaped psychopathic murderer in the rarely shown Inspector Morse episode, The Day of the Devil.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I have to disagree, his prolific acting career easily eclipses his novelty records.  He's versatile but particularly effective in villainous roles.  Stand-outs for me include an utter snake of a doctor in Bodies, and the escaped psychopathic murderer in the rarely shown Inspector Morse episode, The Day of the Devil.

He was the body in Shallow Grave iirc

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Toast said:

the escaped psychopathic murderer in the rarely shown Inspector Morse episode, The Day of the Devil.

Just to say, it's been on ITV3 about 2 or 3 times in the past year and is on ITVX.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Toast said:

I did say "most familiar", not "greatest". I'm very much a fan of his Bodies role, but I'd wager more people heard Vindaloo than saw Bodies. (I wasn't a fan of the Morse TV films, having read the books, so I can't speak on that role)., 

31 minutes ago, msc said:

Just to say, it's been on ITV3 about 2 or 3 times in the past year and is on ITVX.

It was missing from the repeat runs on ITV3 for a long time. Maybe there was some sort of rights issue with it.

4 minutes ago, time said:

I did say "most familiar", not "greatest". I'm very much a fan of his Bodies role, but I'd wager more people heard Vindaloo than saw Bodies. (I wasn't a fan of the Morse TV films, having read the books, so I can't speak on that role)., 

Sure, but like I said, he's very prolific, one might even say ubiquitous!  Anyone who watches British telly will have seen him in loads of things.

Hans-Ulrich Grapenthin was born in Wolgast 80 years ago, the former German footballer was Olympic champion in 1976

Hans-Ulrich Grapenthin

John Zorn was born in New York 70 years ago, is a composer and saxophonist

Stanislav Cherchesov was born 60 years ago in Alagir and is a former footballer and football coach, he played for Spartak Moscow, Dinamo Moscow. He played the 94 and 2002 cups as a goalkeeper and coached the Russian national team in the 2018 cup

Stanislav Cherchesov Станислав Черчесов

Spaniard Juan Carlos Ablanedo was born 60 years ago in Mieres and played in the 1986 and 1990 World Cups

Resultado de imagem para Juan Carlos Ablanedo. Tamanho: 125 x 185. Fonte: www.foroalturas.com

Savo Milošević was born 50 years ago in Bijeljina, Yugoslavia (now Bosnia), played in the 98 Cup (for Yugoslavia) and 2006 (for Serbia Montenegro,) and defended Parma, Aston Villa, Zaragoza, Espanyol, Celta, Osasuña, Rubin Kazan and Partizan

200px-Savo_Milosevic_%28cropped%29.jpg

The Australian Mark Shield turns 50 and is the youngest referee to participate in cups, having participated in 2002 and 2006

200px-Mark_Shield.jpg

Footballer Deivy Balanta was born in Bogotá 30 years ago and played for Colombia in the 2016 Olympics

Deivy Balanta

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, diego said:

Savo Milošević was born 50 years ago in Bijeljina, Yugoslavia (now Bosnia), played in the 98 Cup (for Yugoslavia) and 2006 (for Bosnia)

No in the 2006 WC he played for Serbia Montenegro, the "successor" of Yugoslavia. Bosnia played its only WC in 2014, and Milosevic, born in Bosnia (at time part of Yugoslavia) from Serbian parents, never played for Bosnia.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

No in the 2006 WC he played for Serbia Montenegro, the "successor" of Yugoslavia. Bosnia played its only WC in 2014, and Milosevic, born in Bosnia (at time part of Yugoslavia) from Serbian parents, never played for Bosnia.

You are correct, I got Bosnia in my head, and I put it wrong, thank you very much for the correction, I corrected the post

Terry Bradshaw is 75 today.

440px-Terry_Bradshaw_at_Arlington_Cemetery.jpg

• Like 1

Jennifer Paige was born in Marietta, Georgia 50 years ago, the singer achieved success with the 1998 pop hit "Crush."

Augusto Farfus was born 40 years ago in Curitiba, In 2000 the Brazilian racing driver moved to Italy and competed in Italian and European Formula Renault for two years and won the European Cup in 2001.
In 2002 he competed in European Formula 3000 for Draco Racing. In 2003 he won the championship at the age of 20.
Won the 2019 edition of the 24h Daytona in the rain for BMW in the professional Gran Turismo class

200px-Augusto_Farfus_2007_Curitiba.jpg

Lee Sung-jong was born 30 years ago in Gwangju,He is the vocalist of the South Korean group Infinite. He is also a member of the sub-unit Infinite F.

• Like 1

Mario Draghi is 76 today.

Mario_Draghi_in_2021_crop.jpg

• Like 1

It's my birthday today :party:

Someone a bit more famous than me is Beyonce who is 42 today

Beyoncé Knowles' Life in Photos

• Like 5