Guest pip chapman pincher

Chapman Pincher

Guest pip chapman pincher

i find this web site mean towards the people who you are predicting to die and their families. how would any of you like to log on to a web site and see that people were predicting you of a relation of yours to die by the end of the year. he is alive and well and has a years left in him.

Guest Arnold

Indeed he is... and a fervent writer of letters to the Telegraph. He may have retired many years ago but hopefully he hasn't lost the irreverent sense of humour which is traditional among Fleet Street writers. Why not ask him if he minds? I'd be very suprised if he did.

Well as I have said before, the site's primary objective is not to offend however by its nature it may offend some. Unfortunately a site predicting celebrities we think will survive the whole year just doesnt quite have the same attraction.

Chapman has only appeared on the list once - in 2001 - so in fact we now also have full confidence in his longevity and I wish him all the very best.

Dear Reaper

I don't think Cowboy Ronnie is on message with the "let's not offend anyone" mission statement

I suspect he's bitter that none of his family will ever be famous enough to have their deaths speculated on. Assuming any of them still talk to him.

Mr Stats

Well Im not sure about that.

I hear Cowboy Ronnie is lying low for a while as its too wild out here!

Who the hell is Chapman Pincher ?? ;)

I have to say it's all to easy these days to find out, unless of course you are a luddite, but I have to confess I don't know who the hell he is either.

Guest Arnold

He's a former defence/Whitehall correspondent in Fleet St. Now in his late 80s and extremely fit and active. I think he must have been a bit of a 'wild card' entry, unless the Death List Committee had an inside steer on a particularly nasty bout of influenza he was suffering at the time. Maybe a heart by-pass? However, he is well enough to get himself extremely vexed about domestic security matters and pen stiff letters to the Daily Telegraph.

Guest teabag

He is my late fathers cousin type relative, he used to spend time as a child at my granparents houes, a tiny 2 up 2 down in featherstone.

He is my late fathers cousin type relative, he used to spend time as a child at my granparents houes, a tiny 2 up 2 down in featherstone.

You don't say?!

If this be true then tell us what sort of furnishings the abode contained.....

DAy is deterioratin' into evengtide and the ice cream is-a-calling...

And without a post in this thread during 2007 you chaps bring him in a number 10?

Strange!

It's good to see a journalist in the list. There were three or four prominent journo deaths last year:

Richard Stott, Ian Wooldridge and Nigel Dempster, not to mention Bill Deedes.

Among those to watch out for in future are Lord Rees-Mogg, Sir Harold Evans and Keith Waterhouse.

Nigel Demster Theres a surprise

Just found this article from a couple of weeks ago, doesn't say anything about his current health

He looks spritely in that clip. I'd drop him, along with Lee, King, Wallach, Seve and Havel.

He's really old. Isn't that enough for the pool? ;-)

This thread is really quiet.

His last book was published in 2009 but he is most famous because of his association with Peter Wright and the Spycatcher affair

Pincher isn't really deserving of much thread activity.

Pincher isn't really deserving of much thread activity.

He could generate some by going into hospital or dying.

Yeah, but I can't imagine his hospitalisation will be accompanied by rolling 24-hour news coverage and a Guardian liveblog.

This article is 18 months old, but contains this arresting description of the gentleman in question:

Chapman Pincher was a kind of official urinal in which ministers and defence chiefs could stand patiently leaking

I think I may know some people who know him - will make some enquiries ;)

This article is 18 months old, but contains this arresting description of the gentleman in question:

Chapman Pincher was a kind of official urinal in which ministers and defence chiefs could stand patiently leaking

r-kelly_1.jpg

He had a penchant for golden showers then?