Guest skrewlooze

Jack Klugman

Guest skrewlooze

Tony Randall dead.

Too bad he wasn't an include.

Guest D. E. Athkins

What a shame, he was great in 'The Odd Couple'- he seemed like a nice man. Why couldn't it had been Klugman?????????? ;-)

The funny thing is, I thought Klugman was dead for about the last ten years! I only found out a couple of months ago that the old ME is still with us.

Yeah, but look at this this way: at least we can call Quincy ME to do the PM...

Wow, unless you are unemployed, unemployable or normally enjoy full unrestricted access to the BBC1 afternoon schedule, I recommend a full listen to the theme at:

http://www.timvp.com/quincy.html

"Gentlemen, you are about to enter the most fascinating sphere of police work. The world of forensic medicine."

[mass sporadic fainting]

I have to say that I couldn't recall the inital opening of the theme tune. It reminds me of that great recent effort: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Quincy has had a special place in my heart ever since the immortal line...

"Take a look at the Mass Spectrometer, Sam"

Klugman for 2005 maybe?

Guest Guest
Quincy has had a special place in my heart ever since the immortal line...

"Take a look at the Mass Spectrometer, Sam"

Klugman for 2005 maybe?

You've got my vote!

Guest Dan

Didn't Jack Klugman have a nasty case of throat cancer a while back. Smoked like a trooper - lost his voice I seem to remember.

Throat cancer - pah!

I bet he got Sam to give him a quick run under the Mass Spectrometer and he was good as new :(

"Suffered from throat cancer and had parts of his larynx removed"

According to IMDB, Jack (born 27 April 1922) has been involved in something called "When do we Eat?" in 2004, following a gap of 7 years when he's done nothing, so maybe things are picking up for him!

Haven't found any other notes on his recent health (but to be honest, haven't really looked any further than this!)

Mrs. Beatle said to me tonight: "What's wrong with Quincy? I just saw him with Dick van Dyke on Diagnosis Murder and it sounded like he had a throat problem."

A quick search on the forum and Hey Presto - throat cancer!

The DL - the font of all health problems.

DWB :)

A quick search on the forum and Hey Presto - throat cancer!

Throat Cancer.

Since it is you bringing up the subject DWB i have

always wondered why the late George Harrison was never a

DL candidate or more the less a deathlist success.

Harrison passed away in late 2001 of lung cancer.

He would have also been a wise pick because he was

stabbed in 1999<and also just to mention Ringo was

staying over that night of the stabbing though Harrisons

attempted assassin didn't know that Ringo was in the

room just down the hall.

It turned out both Beatles survived the attack.

The afternoon episode of Quincy always seems to be cancelled when someone dies or there's some kind of disaster. I wonder if they'll cancel it when Quincy dies.

Jack Klugman has been one of my favorite actors for years and I love seeing Twilight Zone Marathons just to see the episodes he was in not to mention the classics.

One of the stranger pieces of coincidence has to be Jack Klugman as Jim Hungerford in the wonderful movie Days of Wine and Roses. The coincidence here is that the movie starred Jack Lemmon and Lee Remmick as Joe anmd Kirsten Clay. Now where the coincidence comes in of course is that Lemmon went on to portray Felix Unger in the big screen version of The Odd Couple and Klugman later played the character of Oscar Madison in the little screen (television) version of The Odd Couple, so to some degree Felix and Oscar were already getting together.

Since it is you bringing up the subject DWB i have

always wondered why the late George Harrison was never a

DL canidate or more the less a deathlist sucess.

Well, Banshees, that's not technically correct. In 1987, in one of the most beloved DL nominations ever, the committee at the time plumped for "any one Beatle", which at the time would have included George along with Paul and Ringo.

Since then the rules were tightened so that specific individuals had to be named on the list rather than groups of people, but had Georgie boy kicked it back in 1987 I am reasonably sure the DL'ers would have claimed it as a success.

Well it is refreshing to see that Jack made it on the list this year------let's all hope he doesn't disappoint us.

Went to an oldsters wedding once and heard a great line, as the couple - him ancient, her middle aged - sauntered into the reception someone muttered; 'if she blows tonight, he'll go tonight.'

He's suing them, in other words he's involved and clearly lucid enough to be thinking about the medium term. I reckon he'll live to laugh off his DL placing this year.

He's suing them, in other words he's involved and clearly lucid enough to be thinking about the medium term. I reckon he'll live to laugh off his DL placing this year.

Either that or inheritance vultures preparing his will for the slaughter.

Yeah but he's involved, on other words his own memories and arguments are part of this case. Not summat that would be possible - say - if Muhammad Ali sued a former promotor for unpaid money.