Tempus Fugit

Cyril Smith

Guest iain

ex liberal MP Cyril Smith is recovering in hospital after falling at home..hes so frail he has an NHS help button installed at his home but is said to be mnetally quite alert

If that's a recent picture on Iain's link, he looks incredibly healthy, positively blooming.

It's not - that was when he was a MP. Although the news story shows no sign of Sir Cyril popping off, this is a recent picture taken on the 10th February 2005. The man on the left is the current Rochdale MP - the other two need no mention.

cyrilsmith.jpg

He's still looking pretty damn fat, though, isn't he? Keep eating the pies, Cyril - you're one of my unique DDP picks!

If that's a recent picture on Iain's link, he looks incredibly healthy, positively blooming.

It's not - that was when he was a MP. Although the news story shows no sign of Sir Cyril popping off, this is a recent picture taken on the 10th February 2005. The man on the left is the current Rochdale MP - the other two need no mention.

cyrilsmith.jpg

Which is the one thats into coprophilia?

I must be missing something here. Why would it be any of them?

I assumed that if one gets three lib dems together one of them might have Mark Oaten tendencies!

I assumed that if one gets three lib dems together one of them might have Mark Oaten tendencies!

Aaaah I see. A bit subtle for me on a Monday. :)

Maybe not Cyril for 2006, but if the big chap keeps falling over, I'd be worried for the poor bugger who lives downstairs from him

The photoshop of Kennedy's top pocket is reason enough to give this thread another star rating!

Bravo Sir! clapper9yr.gif

Once again our forum is missing a kudos button! :)

Christ, Id forgotten about him, thought he was already dead :blink:

He does prove, however, that all this keep fit and eat healthy ethos that our nanny Government is forcing down our throats is utter Horse poo when you see the Ex man mountain get to the age of 79.

Hope the old fella pulls through.

I like him.

• Haha 1

Ditto LFN

I really hope he survives until midnight on New Years Eve.

Ditto LFN

I really hope he survives until midnight on New Years Eve.

Sir,

Your heart is as big as his waistline was.

Guest Tony Lee

Please - don't leyt me be one of cyril Smith's coffin bearers - Few of us are strong enough for that job! :skull:

Guest stiff
Sir Cyril Smith, the former Liberal MP,

has had a little tumble.

Reading about Cyril Smith in the news and internet proves that only the good die young.

Where he is going, he will need asbestos undepants! :P

Sir Cyril Smith, the former Liberal MP,

has had a little tumble.

Reading about Cyril Smith in the news and internet proves that only the good die young.

Where he is going, he will need asbestos undepants! :)

Asbestos underwear indeed.

Extract from article:

When government departments did raise questions about the safety of asbestos, the Board of Trade intervened, arguing that any suggestion that asbestos presented a danger would damage British jobs. So, the sale of asbestos products continued to grow in the UK throughout the 1960s and 1970s.

T&N also relied on the assistance of Cyril Smith, the larger-than-life Rochdale MP and parliamentary pioneer of the Saturday-night television chat-show sofa. During the summer recess of 1981, Smith wrote to Sydney Marks, the head of personnel, informing him that the House would debate EEC regulations on asbestos in the next parliamentary session.

The letter asks simply: "Could you please, within the next eight weeks, let me have the speech you would like to make (were you able to!), in that debate?"

T&N's draft is almost identical to the speech delivered by the Rochdale MP, stressing the need for less regulation and arguing that substitutes for asbestos should be approached "with caution". "The public at large are not at risk," said Smith. "It is necessary to say that time and time again."

Writing in the local paper, he claimed to have "worked very hard on the speech and have spent hours, both in reading and in being at the works, trying to master the facts about safety in asbestos".

Cyril got a few cutting remarks directed at him in a feature on Rochdale FC's imminent promotion in The Sun newspaper yesterday.

Mainly linking the ongoing torper of the town with Smith's longevity as MP.

Nowt about his current health, mind.

Cyril got a few cutting remarks directed at him in a feature on Rochdale FC's imminent promotion in The Sun newspaper yesterday.

Mainly linking the ongoing torper of the town with Smith's longevity as MP.

Nowt about his current health, mind.

He hasn't been MP for Rochdale since 1992, for precisely half the time the club have been in the fourth tier!

Who's to blame for the last 18 years?

I used to like him on That's Life.

Cyril Fletcher !

I used to like him on That's Life.

Cyril Fletcher !

I know :D I was being silly, it amuses me!