Sign in to follow this  
Death in Vegas

Henry Cecil

He's been mentioned once or twice before, but race horse trainer Henry Cecil is "gravely ill" according to The Independent.

Other recent reports had him doing as well as could be expected. Who to believe?

DWB :(

...forgot to mention trainer Henry Cecil, who's had stomach cancer for a while but seems to be doing ok. Just saw him interviewed after his horse won at Ascot, and he said something like "well, I'm still alive" after being asked if he was in tip-top condition. Straight from the horse (trainer)'s mouth.

Still undergoing treatment, unable to see Frankel run today.

Mentioned a few times in various places, having had cancer for several years, but he was looking and sounding rough enough at the Knavesmire today for his own thread. I hope he pulls through, a lovely chap and a great character. Can a mod move the rest into here, please?

Edit: blimey, that was quick. Now I know why we pay you so much money.

Edited by harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Just seen the photos. He looks like a strong wind would take him out.

Listening just now to this mornings 5Live ''Up all night'' and they have brief interview after Frankels win.

Sounded like shit, a voice like paper.

Don't think he is a goer for next years lists as I doubt he will make it.

Guest sinbad

Judging by the interview he gave on TV two days ago, he is looking like death warmed up. He's undergoing more chemo, is looking very underweight, has hair loss, was barely audiable and is now using a walking stick. Had death in his eyes. I'd be surprised if he lasts till Christmas.

He's in my theme team "Toast of the Turf", and to my surprise he's a unique pick.

Looked absolutely terrible this morning being interviewed on the great will he/won't he run question. Quite possibly next year's Robin Gibb.

Question is how many DDP points is he going to be worth if he does make it to 2013 - his 70th birthday is 11th January

Question is how many DDP points is he going to be worth if he does make it to 2013 - his 70th birthday is 11th January

Hmmm. Nip and tuck. I'll think he'll just make it to 2013...

Personally I think it was Frankel that was keeping Henry going, and now it's been confirmed that he's run his last race, something tells me it won't be long now. :(

Guest Phantom

I've just penciled him in for one of my lists for next year. so I'll give him a couple of weeks before his pops his clogs.

Very sad that he looks really grim, but all credit to him. What a battle he is fighting.

Guest Guest

he doesn't look that bad.he could last a few years yet

Very sad that he looks really grim, but all credit to him. What a battle he is fighting.

A losing one it seems...

Just heard a snippet of an interview on the radio and just judging by his voice he sounded so weak.

Guest captaincloser

I back him to defy the odds.He is a big favourite for this years list but as tough as old boots. By the way all racehorses have their birthday today (January 1st)

Guest Guested

It's his 70th birthday today. Really hope he beats cancer and has lots more birthdays but it does look grim. Fingers crossed. Big congrats getting to 70 considering how poorly he has looked of late.

It's his 70th birthday today. Really hope he beats cancer and has lots more birthdays but it does look grim. Fingers crossed. Big congrats getting to 70 considering how poorly he has looked of late.

Be a quiet one I imagine