Jump to content
msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

Recommended Posts

There is a leniency claim on the go with one of our forum members, so I advise folk not to post their teams publicly ahead of the traditional noon deadline. Trying to fix it ASAP in a fair manner. Also hungover.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking to one of the wiser older heads on the Cmme. They make a solid case for no leniency, as does the fact the person spent half an hour POSTING ON THIS FUCKING FORUM WHILE I SLEPT. Awaiting the 3rd member of the trio for the official view but as I'm the one who will get all the grumpy PMs about this, sharing the stress!!!!

 

Not even 10 hours into the fucking year, no wonder TMIB went nuts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, msc said:

Talking to one of the wiser older heads on the Cmme. They make a solid case for no leniency, as does the fact the person spent half an hour POSTING ON THIS FUCKING FORUM WHILE I SLEPT. Awaiting the 3rd member of the trio for the official view but as I'm the one who will get all the grumpy PMs about this, sharing the stress!!!!

 

Not even 10 hours into the fucking year, no wonder TMIB went nuts...


Reeks of Cunto

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show and tell time and - once again - true RESPECT to anyone willing or organize summat on this scale for nowt more than a few slaps on the back

 

 

Carkers Convention 2021                                             

                                               

Tom Parker         JOKER                  

Jack Arends                                       

Eileen Ash                                          

Abdelaziz Bouteflika                      

Dai Davies                                          

Tracy Emin                                         

David Gulpilil                                     

Sarah Harding                                   

John Hemingway                             

Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurashi                           

Rush Limbaugh                 

Michael McKevitt            

Carlos Menem                 

Lee Noble                           

Linda Nolan                                       

Jake the Snake Roberts                 

Tom Smith                                         

Leon Spinks       

Kane Tanaka                                      

James Whale                                                                                     

 

Bench

Grace Victory                                    

Winnie Ewing    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msc said:

There is a leniency claim on the go with one of our forum members, so I advise folk not to post their teams publicly ahead of the traditional noon deadline. Trying to fix it ASAP in a fair manner. Also hungover.

 

2 hours ago, msc said:

Talking to one of the wiser older heads on the Cmme. They make a solid case for no leniency, as does the fact the person spent half an hour POSTING ON THIS FUCKING FORUM WHILE I SLEPT. Awaiting the 3rd member of the trio for the official view but as I'm the one who will get all the grumpy PMs about this, sharing the stress!!!!

 

Not even 10 hours into the fucking year, no wonder TMIB went nuts...

Confused. Noon deadline but it's not even noon here yet.

 

Geographical based only works if you know where they are - non-forum folks have an advantage then as they can come from Australia and still have til noon GMT to submit.

 

Not sure of the problem, but the Gods of Ragnarok will speak. (I wonder who is Dad, who is mum and who's the kid?). :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least I can throw up my theme team now. 

 

Quasimodo Predicted All This (Sopranos actors)

 

  1. Tony Sirico
  2. Dominic Chianese
  3. Jerry Adler
  4. Steve Buscemi
  5. Peter Bogdanovich
  6. Frankie Valli
  7. Tony Siragusa
  8. Elena Solovey
  9. Val Bisoglio
  10. Henry O
  11. Burt Young
  12. Anthony "Treach" Criss
  13. Lillo Brancato Jr.
  14. Rae Allen
  15. Tony Darrow
  16. Paul Herman
  17. Arthur J. Nascarella
  18. Frank Santorelli
  19. Robert Iler
  20. Nancy Sinatra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

 

Confused. Noon deadline but it's not even noon here yet.

 

Geographical based only works if you know where they are - non-forum folks have an advantage then as they can come from Australia and still have til noon GMT to submit.

 

Not sure of the problem, but the Gods of Ragnarok will speak. (I wonder who is Dad, who is mum and who's the kid?). :P

Seemingly all sorted. Better not hear how unfair we are for at least a month. Hah

 

On 25/12/2020 at 10:33, Exu said:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right that's noon. No more leniency. Doors closed to entries and sob stories now. Good luck all.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to be annoyed at few uniques we've got then? OK, here's David Quantick's Showbiz Pals for 2k21

 

  1. Tom Parker (joker)
  2. Gary Burgess
  3. Criscilla Anderson
  4. Lee Noble
  5. Tom Smith
  6. Zoe Davison
  7. Susie Steiner
  8. Michael Caputo
  9. Leon Spinks
  10. Jana Bennett
  11. Litsa Menounous
  12. Ezra Nawi
  13. Julia Reichert
  14. Rush Limbaugh
  15. Floyd Little
  16. Dai Davies
  17. James Whale
  18. John Harvey
  19. Vivienne Player
  20. Carlos Menem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll post my teams in a mo then!

 

Still updating....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Here's my team:

 

Ghislaine Maxwell (joker)
Jimmy Greaves
Brian Reader
Bobby Charlton
Carlos Bilardo
Dennis Skinner
Andrew McDonald
Abdelaziz Bouteflika
Dilip Kumar
Cpt. Tom Smith
Benedikt XVI
Mikhail Gorbachev
Jimmy Carter
Johnny Ruffo
Yoko Ono
Michael McKevitt
Stan Bowles
Brian Henderson
Ernie Moss
Litsa Menounos

Alright, that was my C-team "The House of Extravaganza", 2nd and probably last year in the competition.

 

The B-Team:

 

Prof. Paul Cosford - joker

David Webb

Josu Ternera

Mustafa Cengiz

Edward Denmark

John Dabell

Ivan Julian

Justin Yerbury

Tom Weiskopf

Alan Dean Foster

Jon Hassell

Martin Plaza

Sunday Burquest

Sarah Ezekiel

Phil Read

Antonio Inoki

Rodion GA

Brendon Ormsby

Josh Evans

Catherine Wybourne (sub for a pick that is not famous enough)

 

 

And finally, The Love Boat 2021 - jeez, current champion to defend the title:

David Gulpilil - joker

Ady Barkan

Suzy Friton

Susie Steiner

Tom Parker

Dai Davies

Tom Smith

Sarah Hughes

Ken Wilkinson

Ezra Nawi

Leon Spinks

Bill Turnbull

Lee Noble

Gary Burgess

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Rush Limbaugh

James Whale

Belinda Sykes

Gregory Scarpa Jr.

Floyd Little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1

DDP Tofoa

 

Tom Parker (JOKER)

2 Tom Smith
3 Rush Limbaugh
4 Floyd Little
5 James Whale
6 Leon Spinks
7 Linda Nolan
8 Dai Davies
9 Olivia Newton-John
10 Shannen Doherty
11 David Gulpilil
12 Paul Westphal
13 Tim Bilton
14 Greg Gilbert
15 Ady Barkan
16 Gerd Müller
17 Sarah Harding
18 Bill Turnbull
19 George Alagiah
20 Yoo Sang-chul
   
R Doddie Weir
R Bill Freehan
R Noel Conway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gcreptile said:

Alright, that was my C-team "The House of Extravaganza", 2nd and probably last year in the competition.

 

The B-Team:

 

Prof. Paul Cosford - joker

David Webb

Josu Ternera

Mustafa Cengiz

Edward Denmark

John Dabell

Ivan Julian

Justin Yerbury

Tom Weiskopf

Alan Dean Foster

Jon Hassell

Martin Plaza

Sunday Burquest

Sarah Ezekiel

Phil Read

Antonio Inoki

Rodion GA

Brendon Ormsby

Josh Evans

Catherine Wybourne (sub for a pick that is not famous enough)

 

 

And finally, The Love Boat 2021 - jeez, current champion to defend the title:

David Gulpilil - joker

Ady Barkan

Suzy Friton

Susie Steiner

Tom Parker

Dai Davies

Tom Smith

Sarah Hughes

Ken Wilkinson

Ezra Nawi

Leon Spinks

Bill Turnbull

Lee Noble

Gary Burgess

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Rush Limbaugh

James Whale

Belinda Sykes

Gregory Scarpa Jr.

Floyd Little

I haven't heard of many of them So I am guessing  you have been  very canny/shrewd and will have a lot of unique picks.

I realise it likely won't be for a few weeks yet  but I'm looking forward to seeing how many of my picks are unique 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DDP Here’s Who you could have won

1. Johnny Giles (joker)

2. Dieter Gruen

3. Stanley Sopel

4. David Berglas

5. Philip Springer

6. Dick Taverne

7. Jerry Hardin

8. Lawrence Gordon Clark

9. Pat Arrowsmith

10. Sir William Heseltine

11. Brian Glanville

12. June Bland

13. Derek Malcolm

14. Biddy Baxter

15. TC Smout

16. Auriol Smith

17. Derren Nesbitt

18. Diane Hoh

19. Anne Perry

20. John Byrne (playwright)

subs – Edward de Souza, Barry McGuire, Vernon Dobtcheff

 

Instead of a b-team, I went for chucking as many names that might escape the DDP into one final team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the 10th edition of Pan Breed then.

 

 

1. Rush Limbaugh (JOKER)

2. Tom Parker

3. Gary Burgess

4. David Gulpilil

5. James Whale

6. Floyd Little

7. Dai Davies

8. Ally McLaws

9. Jana Bennett

10. Gavin Robertson

11. Tom Smith

12. Sarah Harding

13. Miguel Van Damme

14. Michael Cullen

15. Paul Westphal

16. Leon Spinks

17. Carlos Menem

18. Linda Nolan

19.Necro Butcher

20. Alan Dean Foster

subs – Shannen Doherty, Rob Burrow, Derek Draper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@msc Sir William Heseltine is a good unusual pick .Likely unique. I used him in a previous DDP  but have now saved him for use in Death by numbers pool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@msc Sir William Heseltine is a good unusual pick .Likely unique. I used him in a previous DDP  but have now saved him for use in Death by numbers pool.

 

That was a difficult list to narrow down. I showed Willz my final 40 in the hope he'd go "I've got them" because I'm nice and it'd narrow it down. He had none of them. Really helpful. :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Righty-Ho, Hats And Cats, here are my three teams. Yeah, it looks like I haven't done any research for my TOTP team, but I promise I have. Left off some usual suspects, I'm still disappointed with the result in some ways. Comedy is ok, but we'll see. Barbara Windsor was a loss from this team. I'd be amazed if my main team gets 20 uniques again, but if not I'll certainly be north of 12 uniques I think. Good luck to everybody, I look forward to your congratulations this time next year! :lol:

 

12 Lords A-Leaving, 8 Ladies Dying

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Edward Bond: English playwright whose acclaimed play "Saved" probably changed the course of theatre censorship in England. (M)

(Pick 2): David Battie: British ceramics antiques expert for many years on Antiques Roadshow. (M)

(Pick 3): Harry Benson (Photographer): Internationally renowned Scottish photographer who photographed The Beatles in particular. (M)

(Pick 4): Caroline Blakiston: English actress, internationally known for being leader of the Rebel Alliance in Return Of The Jedi. (F)

(Pick 5): Samantha Eggar: British-American actress, Academy Award nominee for The Collector and the voice of Hera in Walt Disney's Hercules. (F)

(Pick 6): Sir Terence English (Surgeon): South African born British surgeon who led the team for the first successful heart transplant in Britain. (M)

(Pick 7): Robert Howarth: British former Member of Parliament for Bolton East. (M)

(Pick 8): Ray Jackson (Lindisfarne): Joint lead singer of folk group Lindisfarne. (M)

(Pick 9): Madhur Jaffrey: Indian born actress and food and travel writer. (F)

(Pick 10): Gloria Jones: Marc Bolan's lover who originally recorded Tainted Love. (F)

(Pick 11): Kipchoge Keino: Two time Olympic gold winning long distance athlete from Kenya. (M)

(Pick 12): Freda Kelly: Brian Epstein's secretary during The Beatles' rise to international acclaim. (F)

(Pick 13): Sara Leighton: English portrait painter, author and actress noted for her beauty back in the day. (F)

(Pick 14): Bernard Lewis: English entrepeneur behind the River Island chain of shops. (M)

(Pick 15): Roger Norrington: British conductor known for his interpretations of Baroque, Classical and Romantic music. (M)

(Pick 16): Geoffrey Owen: Former editor of The Financial Times. (M)

(Pick 17): Janette Scott: English actress, known for several leading lady roles in the 1950s and 1960s. (F)

(Pick 18): Keith Skues: British radio personality, the second DJ after Tony Blackburn to be heard on Radio 1. (M)

(Pick 19): Teresa Stratas: Canadian born opera singer. (F)

(Pick 20): Ivan Sutherland: American computer scientist and internet pioneer in the field of computer graphics. (M)

 

Comedy Cremations

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Barry Cryer: English Comedy Writer

(Pick 2): John Alderton: Actor who played the role of Bernard Hedges in Please Sir!

(Pick 3): Stanley Baxter: Scottish Comedy Actor

(Pick 4): Arnold Brown: Scottish alternative stand up comedian.

(Pick 5): Eric Chappell: English Comedy Writer e.g. Rising Damp

(Pick 6): John D Collins: Actor in many sitcom roles, and was assistant to Spike Milligan for 10 years.

(Pick 7): Billy Connolly: Scottish Comedian

(Pick 8): Bill Cosby: American comedy performer e.g. The Cosby Show

(Pick 9): Teri Garr: American actress, generally known for comedic roles.

(Pick 10): Robert Gillespie: Actor who has many roles including the star of Keep It In The Family.

(Pick 11): Melvyn Hayes: Comedy Actor e.g. It Ain't Half Hot Mum

(Pick 12): Anna Karen: Actress best known as Olive in On The Buses.

(Pick 13): Brian Murphy: Comedy Actor e.g. Man About The House; George And Mildred

(Pick 14): Bob Newhart: American Comedy Performer

(Pick 15): Duncan Norvelle: English Comedy Performer

(Pick 16): Dorothy Paul: Scottish comedienne and entertainer.

(Pick 17): Leslie Phillips: English Comedy Actor e.g. Carry On series and Harry Potter

(Pick 18): Josephine Tewson: Sidewoman to Ronnie Barker and known for Last Of The Summer Wine and Keeping Up Appearances.

(Pick 19): Dick Van Dyke: Had his own eponymous comedy show in the 1960s.

(Pick 20): Betty White: Last surviving member of the main cast of The Golden Girls.

 

Hits of 36 Years Ago And Hits Today

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Rolf Harris: Cartoonist and singer. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 2): Harry Belafonte: Easy listening singer. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)]

(Pick 3): Lindsey Buckingham: Guitarist and vocalist for Fleetwood Mac. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)]

(Pick 4): Ron Carter: Grammy award winning jazz double bass player. [#21 Sun City (Artists United Against Apartheid)]

(Pick 5): Jess Conrad: English pop singer and actor. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 6): Randy DeBarge: Soul singer and bass player with family band DeBarge. [#4 Rhythm Of The Night (DeBarge)]

(Pick 7): Chris Frantz: Drummer with Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club. [#6 Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads)]

(Pick 8): Mick Jagger: Lead singer with Rolling Stones. [#1 Dancing In The Street (with David Bowie)]

(Pick 9): Elton John: Hitmaking machine with Bernie Taupin. [#3 Nikita]

(Pick 10): Darlene Love: American pop/rock singer and actress. [#21 Sun City (Artists United Against Apartheid)]

(Pick 11): Gerry Marsden: Gerry of Gerry And The Pacemakers. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 12): Willie Nelson: US Country music singer, actor and activist. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)]

(Pick 13): Anne Nolan: Singer with sister singing group The Nolans. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 14): Walter Parazaider: US musician, founding member of the band, Chicago. [#14 You're The Inspiration (Chicago)]

(Pick 15): Anita Pointer: American singer-songwriter with sister singing group The Pointer Sisters. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)/#17 Dare Me (Pointer Sisters)]

(Pick 16): Chris Rea: British singer-songwriter of the gravelly voice. [#26 Stainsby Girls]

(Pick 17): Cliff Richard: British singer, perennial Christmas hitmaker. [#17 She's So Beautiful]

(Pick 18): Grace Slick: US singer most associated with Jefferson Starship. [#12 We Built This City (Starship)]

(Pick 19): Tina Turner: Long legged American singer. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)/#3 We Don't Need Another Hero]

(Pick 20): Tina Weymouth: Founding member and bassist of Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club. [#6 Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads)]

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Righty-Ho, Hats And Cats, here are my three teams. Yeah, it looks like I haven't done any research for my TOTP team, but I promise I have. Left off some usual suspects, I'm still disappointed with the result in some ways. Comedy is ok, but we'll see. Barbara Windsor was a loss from this team. I'd be amazed if my main team gets 20 uniques again, but if not I'll certainly be north of 12 uniques I think. Good luck to everybody, I look forward to your congratulations this time next year! :lol:

 

12 Lords A-Leaving, 8 Ladies Dying

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Edward Bond: English playwright whose acclaimed play "Saved" probably changed the course of theatre censorship in England. (M)

(Pick 2): David Battie: British ceramics antiques expert for many years on Antiques Roadshow. (M)

(Pick 3): Harry Benson (Photographer): Internationally renowned Scottish photographer who photographed The Beatles in particular. (M)

(Pick 4): Caroline Blakiston: English actress, internationally known for being leader of the Rebel Alliance in Return Of The Jedi. (F)

(Pick 5): Samantha Eggar: British-American actress, Academy Award nominee for The Collector and the voice of Hera in Walt Disney's Hercules. (F)

(Pick 6): Sir Terence English (Surgeon): South African born British surgeon who led the team for the first successful heart transplant in Britain. (M)

(Pick 7): Robert Howarth: British former Member of Parliament for Bolton East. (M)

(Pick 8): Ray Jackson (Lindisfarne): Joint lead singer of folk group Lindisfarne. (M)

(Pick 9): Madhur Jaffrey: Indian born actress and food and travel writer. (F)

(Pick 10): Gloria Jones: Marc Bolan's lover who originally recorded Tainted Love. (F)

(Pick 11): Kipchoge Keino: Two time Olympic gold winning long distance athlete from Kenya. (M)

(Pick 12): Freda Kelly: Brian Epstein's secretary during The Beatles' rise to international acclaim. (F)

(Pick 13): Sara Leighton: English portrait painter, author and actress noted for her beauty back in the day. (F)

(Pick 14): Bernard Lewis: English entrepeneur behind the River Island chain of shops. (M)

(Pick 15): Roger Norrington: British conductor known for his interpretations of Baroque, Classical and Romantic music. (M)

(Pick 16): Geoffrey Owen: Former editor of The Financial Times. (M)

(Pick 17): Janette Scott: English actress, known for several leading lady roles in the 1950s and 1960s. (F)

(Pick 18): Keith Skues: British radio personality, the second DJ after Tony Blackburn to be heard on Radio 1. (M)

(Pick 19): Teresa Stratas: Canadian born opera singer. (F)

(Pick 20): Ivan Sutherland: American computer scientist and internet pioneer in the field of computer graphics. (M)

 

Comedy Cremations

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Barry Cryer: English Comedy Writer

(Pick 2): John Alderton: Actor who played the role of Bernard Hedges in Please Sir!

(Pick 3): Stanley Baxter: Scottish Comedy Actor

(Pick 4): Arnold Brown: Scottish alternative stand up comedian.

(Pick 5): Eric Chappell: English Comedy Writer e.g. Rising Damp

(Pick 6): John D Collins: Actor in many sitcom roles, and was assistant to Spike Milligan for 10 years.

(Pick 7): Billy Connolly: Scottish Comedian

(Pick 8): Bill Cosby: American comedy performer e.g. The Cosby Show

(Pick 9): Teri Garr: American actress, generally known for comedic roles.

(Pick 10): Robert Gillespie: Actor who has many roles including the star of Keep It In The Family.

(Pick 11): Melvyn Hayes: Comedy Actor e.g. It Ain't Half Hot Mum

(Pick 12): Anna Karen: Actress best known as Olive in On The Buses.

(Pick 13): Brian Murphy: Comedy Actor e.g. Man About The House; George And Mildred

(Pick 14): Bob Newhart: American Comedy Performer

(Pick 15): Duncan Norvelle: English Comedy Performer

(Pick 16): Dorothy Paul: Scottish comedienne and entertainer.

(Pick 17): Leslie Phillips: English Comedy Actor e.g. Carry On series and Harry Potter

(Pick 18): Josephine Tewson: Sidewoman to Ronnie Barker and known for Last Of The Summer Wine and Keeping Up Appearances.

(Pick 19): Dick Van Dyke: Had his own eponymous comedy show in the 1960s.

(Pick 20): Betty White: Last surviving member of the main cast of The Golden Girls.

 

Hits of 36 Years Ago And Hits Today

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Rolf Harris: Cartoonist and singer. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 2): Harry Belafonte: Easy listening singer. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)]

(Pick 3): Lindsey Buckingham: Guitarist and vocalist for Fleetwood Mac. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)]

(Pick 4): Ron Carter: Grammy award winning jazz double bass player. [#21 Sun City (Artists United Against Apartheid)]

(Pick 5): Jess Conrad: English pop singer and actor. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 6): Randy DeBarge: Soul singer and bass player with family band DeBarge. [#4 Rhythm Of The Night (DeBarge)]

(Pick 7): Chris Frantz: Drummer with Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club. [#6 Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads)]

(Pick 8): Mick Jagger: Lead singer with Rolling Stones. [#1 Dancing In The Street (with David Bowie)]

(Pick 9): Elton John: Hitmaking machine with Bernie Taupin. [#3 Nikita]

(Pick 10): Darlene Love: American pop/rock singer and actress. [#21 Sun City (Artists United Against Apartheid)]

(Pick 11): Gerry Marsden: Gerry of Gerry And The Pacemakers. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 12): Willie Nelson: US Country music singer, actor and activist. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)]

(Pick 13): Anne Nolan: Singer with sister singing group The Nolans. [#1 You'll Never Walk Alone (The Crowd)]

(Pick 14): Walter Parazaider: US musician, founding member of the band, Chicago. [#14 You're The Inspiration (Chicago)]

(Pick 15): Anita Pointer: American singer-songwriter with sister singing group The Pointer Sisters. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)/#17 Dare Me (Pointer Sisters)]

(Pick 16): Chris Rea: British singer-songwriter of the gravelly voice. [#26 Stainsby Girls]

(Pick 17): Cliff Richard: British singer, perennial Christmas hitmaker. [#17 She's So Beautiful]

(Pick 18): Grace Slick: US singer most associated with Jefferson Starship. [#12 We Built This City (Starship)]

(Pick 19): Tina Turner: Long legged American singer. [#1 We Are The World (USA For Africa)/#3 We Don't Need Another Hero]

(Pick 20): Tina Weymouth: Founding member and bassist of Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club. [#6 Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads)]

Wow  excellent list!Uniques galore I'm sure! Makes me think if I should have put  Gerry Marsden  in  one of my DDP  teams rather than other lists but on the whole I'm happy with my DDP teams this year. I think or rather hope my efforts have paid off and I am teeming with unique picks also but time will tell.

Freda Kelly- goodness you do your research!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Comedy Cremations

 

JOKER (Pick 1): Barry Cryer: English Comedy Writer

(Pick 2): John Alderton: Actor who played the role of Bernard Hedges in Please Sir!

(Pick 3): Stanley Baxter: Scottish Comedy Actor

(Pick 4): Arnold Brown: Scottish alternative stand up comedian.

(Pick 5): Eric Chappell: English Comedy Writer e.g. Rising Damp

(Pick 6): John D Collins: Actor in many sitcom roles, and was assistant to Spike Milligan for 10 years.

(Pick 7): Billy Connolly: Scottish Comedian

(Pick 8): Bill Cosby: American comedy performer e.g. The Cosby Show

(Pick 9): Teri Garr: American actress, generally known for comedic roles.

(Pick 10): Robert Gillespie: Actor who has many roles including the star of Keep It In The Family.

(Pick 11): Melvyn Hayes: Comedy Actor e.g. It Ain't Half Hot Mum

(Pick 12): Anna Karen: Actress best known as Olive in On The Buses.

(Pick 13): Brian Murphy: Comedy Actor e.g. Man About The House; George And Mildred

(Pick 14): Bob Newhart: American Comedy Performer

(Pick 15): Duncan Norvelle: English Comedy Performer

(Pick 16): Dorothy Paul: Scottish comedienne and entertainer.

(Pick 17): Leslie Phillips: English Comedy Actor e.g. Carry On series and Harry Potter

(Pick 18): Josephine Tewson: Sidewoman to Ronnie Barker and known for Last Of The Summer Wine and Keeping Up Appearances.

(Pick 19): Dick Van Dyke: Had his own eponymous comedy show in the 1960s.

(Pick 20): Betty White: Last surviving member of the main cast of The Golden Girls.


Justice 4 Stevie Faye.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Team Name-Heading Nowhere
 
1.Rush Limbaugh(joker)
2.James Whale
3.Carlos Menem
4.Dai Davies
5.Floyd Little
6.Linda Nolan
7.David Gulpilil
8.Litsa Menounous
9.Leon Spinks
10.Paul Westphal
11.Tom Smith
12.Tom Parker
13.Gavin Robertson
14.Jake Roberts
15.Vicky Phelan
16.Jana Bennett
17.George Alagiah
18.Susan Bayh
19.Tim Bilton
20.Yoo Sang-Chul
 
no 1. sub Lee Noble
 
 
Theme Teams
 
Team Name-The One's That Won't Go Away
*past theme team picks
 
1.Jan Svankmajer*joker
2,Waheeda Rehman
3.Christiane F
4.Uljana Semjonova
5.Rada Rassimov
6.Kate Harcourt
7.Bulle Ogier
8.Marisa Pavan
9.Pat Heywood
10Heloisa Pinheiro
11.Everlyn Sampi
12.Aja Kong
13.Jorge Ben
14.Ney Matogrosso
15.Adrian Street
16.Larry Shreve
17.The Great Kabuki
18.Shin Jung-hyeon
19.Fidel V. Ramos
20. Sammo Hung
 
Team Name-Si Team
*those from spanish speaking countries
 
1.Orlando Cepeda
2.Javier Lozano Barragan
3.Isela Vega
4.Carolina Herrera
5.Maria Rojo
6.Luis Tiant
7.Luis Felipe Noe
8.Adolfo Aristarain
9.Toto la Momposina
10.Jamie Paz Zamora
11.Boris Vallejo
12.Adolfo Perez Esquivel
13.Cristina Peri Rossi
14.Julieta Serrano
15.Walter  Ferguson
16.Alfonso Arau
17.Pablo Milanes
18.Pilar Bardem
19.Ayako Hamada
20.Jaime Sanchez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

I duly submitted my list yesterday evening but woke up this morning to the sudden realisation that Helen Reddy was dead some months ago and I did not remove her from my list, will my first sub go in her place?

 

I did the same with Rhonda Fleming. 

 

Here are my teams, only changes being Diane Baker and Dean Stockwell replacing Fleming  and Connery from The Hitchcock Team and Shirley Hughes replacing Andree Melly from the scouse team. I also retired the pointless Celebs Team as I only keep a team for two consecutive years, so you expect loads to die from that now. 

 

Team One - Dial D for Deadpool 
Theme - Actors and Actresses from Hitchcock Films or Alfred Hitchcock presents.
 

Brigitte Aubert
Nehemiah Persoff
Christopher Olsen
Julie Andrews
Diane Baker
Bernard Cribbins
Bruce Dern
Tippi Hedren
Patricia Hitchcock
Barbara Leigh-Hunt
Norman Lloyd
Jean Marsh
Vera Miles
Kim Novak
Eva Marie Saint
Shirley McClaine
William Shatner
William Devane
Cloris Leachman
Dean Stockwell
Subs
Robert Redford
Rosemary Harris
 
Team Two - Dey Do Die Don't Dey Doh.
Theme - Folk from or associated with Liverpool and its surrounding areas
 
April Ashley
Shirley Hughes
Bill Tidy
Tom O'Connor
Tom Baker
Kenneth Cope
Akinwale Arobieke
Jeremy Young
David Burke
Clive Barker
Vince Earl
Jimmy Tarbuck
Jean Boht
Patricia Routledge
Joe Benton
Victor Maguire
Ringo Starr
Brian Regan 
Stan Boardman
Gerry Marsden
Subs
Dean Sullivan
Glenda Jackson
Paul McCartney
 
Thanks again to GUN, msc gc etc for this.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm Sorry For Your Trouble

 

Tom Parker (J)

George Alagiah

Robbie Coltrane

Tim Curry

Jimmy Greaves

David Gulpilil

Sarah Harding

Katharine, Duchess of Kent

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent

Phyllida Law

Rush Limbaugh

Linda Nolan

Yoko Ono

Tom Smith

Leon Spinks

Peter Tobin

Bill Turnbull

Hannah Wants

James Whale

Sir Frank Williams

 

Dropping Aitches (people with surnames beginning with H)

 

Sarah Harding (J)

Gene Hackman

Richard Hadlee

Luke Halpin

Mona Hammond

Prince Ernst August of Hanover

Gerald Harper

Bob Harris

Rolf Harris

Brian Harvey

Roy Hattersley

Alec Head

Malcolm Hebden

David Hessayon

Pat Heywood

Madge Hindle

David Hockney

Hal Holbrook

Shirley Hughes

Douglas Hurd

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Toast Arr I see I am not the only one predicting two royal deaths in the british royal family.  I went for Prince Philip and the Duchess of Kent but your prediction that both of the Kents could die this year is more than plausible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

 

I did the same with Rhonda Fleming. 

 

Here are my teams, only changes being Diane Baker and Dean Stockwell replacing Fleming  and Connery from The Hitchcock Team and Shirley Hughes replacing Andree Melly from the scouse team. I also retired the pointless Celebs Team as I only keep a team for two consecutive years, so you expect loads to die from that now. 

 

Team One - Dial D for Deadpool 
Theme - Actors and Actresses from Hitchcock Films or Alfred Hitchcock presents.
 

Brigitte Aubert
Nehemiah Persoff
Christopher Olsen
Julie Andrews
Diane Baker
Bernard Cribbins
Bruce Dern
Tippi Hedren
Patricia Hitchcock
Barbara Leigh-Hunt
Norman Lloyd
Jean Marsh
Vera Miles
Kim Novak
Eva Marie Saint
Shirley McClaine
William Shatner
William Devane
Cloris Leachman
Dean Stockwell
Subs
Robert Redford
Rosemary Harris
 
Team Two - Dey Do Die Don't Dey Doh.
Theme - Folk from or associated with Liverpool and its surrounding areas
 
April Ashley
Shirley Hughes
Bill Tidy
Tom O'Connor
Tom Baker
Kenneth Cope
Akinwale Arobieke
Jeremy Young
David Burke
Clive Barker
Vince Earl
Jimmy Tarbuck
Jean Boht
Patricia Routledge
Joe Benton
Victor Maguire
Ringo Starr
Brian Regan 
Stan Boardman
Gerry Marsden
Subs
Dean Sullivan
Glenda Jackson
Paul McCartney
 
Thanks again to GUN, msc gc etc for this.

I like your Merseyside themed list although  I would have tried to get Billy Butler on that list somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use