Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

You know what I'm going to say, @Gooseberry Crumble.

Never eleven without the twelfth!

• Like 3

It's been very quiet this year with the perennially ill nonagenarians though.

My "Big Seven" of living coffin teases:

Leslie Phillips (98, survivor of multiple strokes one of which needed him to be resuscitated, seizures, other ailments and has failed to make an appearance in 5 years, and he already looked like incredibly frail back then)

Jimmy Carter (97, metastatic cancer survivor who had three falls and a brain surgery in 2019, other ailments.)

Bob Barker (99, long health history that includes strokes, heart surgeries, cancers, falls, memory issues. Wheelchairbound the last time we saw him)

Violeta Chamorro (93, osteoporosis, already nearly wheelchairbound in the 1990s following a knee injury and spinal infection, suffering from brain tumors for more than a decade, severe stroke in 2018 and was reported last year to be suffering from late stage dementia. Bedbound)

Tin Oo (95, heart ailments, severe stroke and fall in May 2017, unable to talk or walk since, on oxygen with covid early this year)

V. S. Achuthanandan (99, suffering from lung&heart diseases five years ago, stroke in 2019, critical with acute gastroenteritis, kidney failure and dyselectrolytemia a year ago, survived covid early this year. Suffers from an unknown memory ailment and only rarely has lucid moments.)

Henry Kissinger (99, overweight, heart ailments including bypass surgery in 1983, heart attack in 2000, heart surgery in 2014, also hospitalised in 2010 and after a fall in 2013, was wheelchairbound a few years ago but can walk again)

I think I first thought of these people as some kind of a group around January after the venerable Thích Nhất Hạnh fucked off to Nirvana and none of them have died since. Very suprised the Reaper has left them unscathed.

However I expect atleast two or three to be dead by the start of 2023. Especially can't imagine all the first three still alive at the start of the year. 

I think they could go quickly one after another. I look forward to seeing who'll be the last man or woman standing though!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arghton said:

It's been very quiet this year with the perennially ill nonagenarians though.

My "Big Seven" of living coffin teases:

Leslie Phillips (98, survivor of multiple strokes one of which needed him to be resuscitated, seizures, other ailments and has failed to make an appearance in 5 years, and he already looked like incredibly frail back then)

Jimmy Carter (97, metastatic cancer survivor who had three falls and a brain surgery in 2019, other ailments.)

Bob Barker (99, long health history that includes strokes, heart surgeries, cancers, falls, memory issues. Wheelchairbound the last time we saw him)

Violeta Chamorro (93, osteoporosis, already nearly wheelchairbound in the 1990s following a knee injury and spinal infection, suffering from brain tumors for more than a decade, severe stroke in 2018 and was reported last year to be suffering from late stage dementia. Bedbound)

Tin Oo (95, heart ailments, severe stroke and fall in May 2017, unable to talk or walk since, on oxygen with covid early this year)

V. S. Achuthanandan (99, suffering from lung&heart diseases five years ago, stroke in 2019, critical with acute gastroenteritis, kidney failure and dyselectrolytemia a year ago, survived covid early this year. Suffers from an unknown memory ailment and only rarely has lucid moments.)

Henry Kissinger (99, overweight, heart ailments including bypass surgery in 1983, heart attack in 2000, heart surgery in 2014, also hospitalised in 2010 and after a fall in 2013, was wheelchairbound a few years ago but can walk again)

I think I first thought of these people as some kind of a group around January after the venerable Thích Nhất Hạnh fucked off to Nirvana and none of them have died since. Very suprised the Reaper has left them unscathed.

However I expect atleast two or three to be dead by the start of 2023. Especially can't imagine all the first three still alive at the start of the year. 

I think they could go quickly one after another. I look forward to seeing who'll be the last man or woman standing though!

Carter or kissinger coule be the last one standing. I feel like Chamorro is an immortal but I doubt she has for much longer. Same for Phillips. 

• Like 1

Other ones I consider "top immortals" are:

Khamtai Siphandon (98, severe stroke in 2016, wheelchair bound and incredibly frail in 2021, looked like a cadaver for decades)

Jiang Zemin (96, heart attack and critical conditions in 2012, frail for years, now permanently hospitalised)

Yan Mingfu (91, wheelchair bound and in the late stages of a "degenerative illness" in 2012)

Bhuddadeb Bhattacharjee (78, on life support with COPD three times, also survived COVID when it was a threat)

Ma Shitu (107, three time cancer survivor, terminally ill in 2004, repeatedly hospitalised in 2020 and 2021)

Saalumarada Thimmakka (94, critical some years ago, broken hip in 2021, wheelchair bound and bloated for ages)

Also I find it incredible all the Chinese are still alive. That's an impressive ticking clock for them, every day this is more unlikely.

• Like 3

If people are still in the mood for some more lists/ideas, here are some of my personal coffin teases that haven't been brought up often on this site:

Peter Angelos (93, severely ailing for over five years now, too incapacitated to do much of anything according to legal documents and was reportedly on death's door as of 2018)
Lowell Weicker (91, frail and dealt with vague "health issues" in late 2019, missed another event this month due to health problems)
Walt Brown (96, obese withering US politician who looked 100 years old when he ran for president back in 2004. Seemingly vanished off the face of the earth after 2010)

Chris Haughey (97, last living MLB player from 1943 season. Suffered a severe injury in 2019 and has been in assisted living ever since)

Barthe DeClements (102, ancient bestselling children's author, has lived in a 24-hour care home for seemingly a few years now)
Harvey Carignan (95, decrepit serial killer who could potentially be a year or two older if you take him at his word. Was described as an "invalid" by a prison correspondent back in 2021)

• Like 6

To add a few more coffin teases...None of these are on the List of Immortals but strong potential as in the names mentioned above by tracy. I've mentioned Sheikh Salem Sabah too much, didn't include him here...Only four this time

Benedict XVI (95, ex-pope, two strokes, heart ailments, falls, everything and rumored to be suffering from Parkinson's. Described as "extremely frail" in 2020.)

Chanoch Ehrentreu (89, London rabbi, a name I discovered fairly recently. He suffered multiple strokes two years ago when he was unstable and critical in ICU, after months in hospital he made a "partial recovery" but has been unable to talk or walk since.)

Oscar Wyatt (98, obese wheelchairbound US businessman of Coastal Corporation. Suffered a stroke over a decade ago, looked horrible last year.)

Otis Taylor (80, American football player, suffering from Parkinson's and dementia diagnosed in 1990 and in 2016 it was reported that he's bedbound and fed through tubes. Around June or July it was reported that his "condition had taken a turn for the worse in the recent weeks". I expected him to be dead within a week or two. Insanely tough.)

• Like 2

On 28/10/2022 at 18:44, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I feel we will have another hit within  the next two weeks which could come in the last few days of October or early November. 

With the death of Leslie Phillips it looks like another one of  my predictions was right again.  This time about about another death on the official DeathList within two weeks maximum of the death of Jerry Lee Lewis as I stated above in reply to @La Faucheuse

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

With the death of Leslie Phillips it looks like another one of  my predictions was right again.  This time about about another death on the official DeathList within two weeks maximum of the death of Jerry Lee Lewis as I stated above in reply to @La Faucheuse

What do you feel next ? Another hit ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

What do you feel next ? Another hit ? 

Yes another hit. My feeling is there will be at least one more November hit and most likely will be one of the names that is discussed less.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes another hit. My feeling is there will be at least one more November hit and most likely will be one of the names that is discussed less.

@La Faucheuse I wasn't expecting to be proved right again so soon!!:o Bill Treacher has now died.

Anyway two in one day IS definitely enema territory .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

Any other feelings oh wise one @Gooseberry Crumble

Yes my feeling  is there will be another November hit and a fair likelihood it will be a name more widely known or discussed on here than  Bill Treacher . If I had to be more specific  I would say a non British name and OR  a politician .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes my feeling  is there will be another November hit and a fair likelihood it will be a name more widely known or discussed on here than  Bill Treacher . If I had to be more specific  I would say a non British name and OR  a politician .

I too feel there is gonna be another november hit. Either really soon (tomorrow morning ?) or in late late november just like 29th-30th. And I would guess another hit in december and that’s all. I feel like it’s going to be someone unexpected in november then a « big » one in december, maybe Barker or Kissinger but Chomsky and Delors also sound possible  

• Like 1

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

I too feel there is gonna be another november hit. Either really soon (tomorrow morning ?) or in late late november just like 29th-30th. And I would guess another hit in december and that’s all. I feel like it’s going to be someone unexpected in november then a « big » one in december, maybe Barker or Kissinger but Chomsky and Delors also sound possible  

Well Delors would fall under and rather than OR because he is both non British and a politician and I think he is an excellent choice.  I selected him myself in recent months in the polls when he was under the radar in terms of being picked. 

I do think December will see more than one death though. 

This time I voted for Harry Belafonte who obviously falls under  non British. 

Douglas Hurd and Norman Tebbit  are British but would fall into the politician category. 

Silvio might be a surprise hit for us all as a foreign politician who has recently stood for office!! You never know and you seem to think it will be unexpected which would fit!

• Like 1

On 28/12/2022 at 13:38, theoldlady said:

@Gooseberry Crumble What are your predictions for the Enema in 2023?

My strong feeling and belief about the enema for 2023 is that there will be a disproportionately larger than normal number of deaths connected to heads of state- I mean current or former heads of state dying or people intimately  connected to them which amounts to the spouses of heads or former heads of state. Eg Bernadette Chirac,  Queen Paola of Belgium,  Queen Sonja of Norway,  Imelda Marcos. Doesn't have to just be heads of state of big name countries eg Jimmy Carter,  Pope Benedict,  King Juan Carlos of Spain etc  but just a larger than normal  number of people in this category dying. 

So the heads of state 'category ' and both  big name Hollywood film stars and the Hollywood Old guard are going to be categories kept busier than normal by the enema in 2023  For deadpoolers who are interested in being competitive  I would steer you towards these two categories when picking names in particular. 

So names that are both big Hollywood film star  names and the old guard could for example be Shirley Maclaine,  Clint Eastwood,  Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, Sophia Loren .Names that are old guard but less big would include say Vera Miles and Stella Stevens. 

Big names that are not old guard I think will include a real big shock death so obviously harder to predict  but someone like Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Lindsay Lohan, Catherine Zeta Jones would all count as big name film stars who are not old guard. 

My strong feelings and predictions would be around these two categories. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

My strong feeling and belief about the enema for 2023 is that there will be a disproportionately larger than normal number of deaths connected to heads of state- I mean current or former heads of state dying or people intimately  connected to them which amounts to the spouses of heads or former heads of state. Eg Bernadette Chirac,  Queen Paola of Belgium,  Queen Sonja of Norway,  Imelda Marcos. Doesn't have to just be heads of state of big name countries eg Jimmy Carter,  Pope Benedict,  King Juan Carlos of Spain etc  but just a larger than normal  number of people in this category dying. 

So the heads of state 'category ' and both  big name Hollywood film stars and the Hollywood Old guard are going to be categories kept busier than normal by the enema in 2023  For deadpoolers who are interested in being competitive  I would steer you towards these two categories when picking names in particular. 

So names that are both big Hollywood film star  names and the old guard could for example be Shirley Maclaine,  Clint Eastwood,  Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, Sophia Loren .Names that are old guard but less big would include say Vera Miles and Stella Stevens. 

Big names that are not old guard I think will include a real big shock death so obviously harder to predict  but someone like Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Lindsay Lohan, Catherine Zeta Jones would all count as big name film stars who are not old guard. 

My strong feelings and predictions would be around these two categories. 

Thank you very much. Best of luck to you in 2023. 

• Thanks 1

I myself have a few feelings for 2023. 
I think we’ll loose a young and prominent figure from an accident in january as usual (after Dolorès O rierdan, Sophie, Emiliano Sala, Kobe Bryant Gaspard Ulliel). Maybe an actor or a singer. 
I think the start of the year will be a very busy period, especially january. I feel like our first hit will happen very early in the month and will maybe be Pope Benedict. I predict some 3 hits in january with 2 ill lingerers (Benedict and Rolf Harris for example) and one perenial old one (Joanne Woodward or Imelda Marcos).

I agree that actors and actress will be at risk this year. I expect one or two legends to pass away (Liza Minnelli, Clint Eastwood, Woody Allen, Maggie Smith, Joan Collins ?) 
wouldn’t surprise me if we have some

health scare from our top survivor picks (Carter, Barker and Shane McGowan) and I expect Barker to die but I think Kissinger will survive despite health issues and frailness.

I also think Lucille Randon will die just before or after her birthday. Maybe before. 
finally, I think we will have big misses from our committee, especially in the second half of the year.

• Like 2

On 30/12/2022 at 10:21, Lafaucheuse said:

I myself have a few feelings for 2023. 
I think we’ll loose a young and prominent figure from an accident in january as usual (after Dolorès O rierdan, Sophie, Emiliano Sala, Kobe Bryant Gaspard Ulliel). Maybe an actor or a singer. 
I think the start of the year will be a very busy period, especially january. I feel like our first hit will happen very early in the month and will maybe be Pope Benedict. I predict some 3 hits in january with 2 ill lingerers (Benedict and Rolf Harris for example) and one perenial old one (Joanne Woodward or Imelda Marcos).

I agree that actors and actress will be at risk this year. I expect one or two legends to pass away (Liza Minnelli, Clint Eastwood, Woody Allen, Maggie Smith, Joan Collins ?) 
wouldn’t surprise me if we have some

health scare from our top survivor picks (Carter, Barker and Shane McGowan) and I expect Barker to die but I think Carter will survive despite health issues and frailness.

I also think Lucille Randon will die just before or after her birthday. Maybe before. 
finally, I think we will have big misses from our committee, especially in the second half of the year.

Would Lisa Marie Presley  fit your first prediction?

• Like 1

On 30/12/2022 at 11:21, Lafaucheuse said:

I also think Lucille Randon will die just before or after her birthday. Maybe before

Told you 

I was sure she would pass in january !

Some predictions just so that I can see how good these predictions were in late December. (Probably not very good):

- Multiple 99-year-olds will die this year just before reaching their 100th, three weeks or less. Maybe Menahem Pressler, V. S. Achuthanandan, Al Quie, David H. Murdock, Vic Seixas, Yuriko Princess Mikasa, Ashi Tashi Dorji, Santiago Omar Riveros and Rudolph Pariser.

- Unexpected deaths: A worldfamous A-lister businessman will die either very suddenly or due to an illness we weren't aware he had. 

- 2023 will further continue the massacre of old Soviet politicians, watch out Nizoramo Zaripova, Ivan Silayev, Enver Mamedov, Kallibek Kamalov, Boris Pankin, Vera Sidorova, Boris Kravtsov, Nikolai Ryzhkov.

- One or two major current Russian politicians will die around May.

- A current or former Head of State of an Asian country will be assasinated.

- A major religious leader will die - The pope, Patriarch Bartholomew, Kirill or Ali al-Sistani, likely around April-June.

- One of the less-expected-by-many-to-die 2023 listers will die in the final quarter the year. Possibly Dick Cheney, DVD, Robert Duvall or Alan Alda.

- Mid-2023 will have a flood of those Chinese coffintease politicians dying.

- A notable US/UK nonagenarian will miraculously survive a "critical condition" hospitalisation nobody expected them to survive.

- Either Joanne Woodward, Carmen Sevilla, Prunella Scales, Jacques Delors, Jimmy Carter or Margarita Terekhova will die in November or December from pneumonia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arghton said:

- Either Joanne Woodward, Carmen Sevilla, Prunella Scales, Jacques Delors, Jimmy Carter or Margarita Terekhova will die in November or December from pneumonia.

Pretty sure all of them will die this year except Scales. I think Woodward will be one of the very first hits, Delors and Carter one of the lasts. Like  I said, I think we’ll have some health scare from Carter (death hoax, hospitalisations) in the second half of the year and that he will either pass on january 2024 or between september-december 2023. 

• Like 2