Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

6 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Anal-ly?!

It's a word.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Anal-ly?!

Anally. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't the purpose of this thread end in 2022? That's what the heading says...:P

Oh I was treating it as a more general thread  all things enema related  but @TQR might be onto something about a new thread serving as a clean slate for an especially shitty year ahead!!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, TQR said:

'I predict the Grim Reaper will carry on with the enemas and build on their anally busy years of 2020 and 2023, practically shitting themself inside out throughout 2024' thread incoming.

You are a genius!

But seriously practically the phenomenon of two double deathlist hits, Joss Ackland, Rosalynn Carter  and Henry Kissinger and Shane MacGowan  in less than a fortnight is quite something and in terms of the enema  is enormously and immensely busy to the point of basically living on  or being chained to the DeathList toilet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An ex-Secretary of State, an ex-Chancellor of the Exchequer and ex-punk, not a bad day's business for the Grim Reaper.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 01:03, arghton said:

Some predictions just so that I can see how good these predictions were in late December. (Probably not very good):

- Multiple 99-year-olds will die this year just before reaching their 100th, three weeks or less. Maybe Menahem Pressler, V. S. Achuthanandan, Al Quie, David H. Murdock, Vic Seixas, Yuriko Princess Mikasa, Ashi Tashi Dorji, Santiago Omar Riveros and Rudolph Pariser.

Rudolph Pariser died in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Rudolph Pariser died in 2021.

Fuck it!

One of the great theoretical chemists of the 50s, PPP is being rediscovered as a simple, semiempirical model which allows to get to full Configuration Interation (CI) with a minimal basis set.

Not a household name, but surely very known within chemistry. Huge shame his death went completely unnoticed.

• Like 5

Not long left in this year,but plenty of time for people on the list to pop their clogs, shuffle off this mortal coil, join the choir invisible, go the way of the Norwegian Blue and have a record year. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrSpud42 said:

Not long left in this year,but plenty of time for people on the list to pop their clogs, shuffle off this mortal coil, join the choir invisible, go the way of the Norwegian Blue and have a record year. 

It should be an interesting three weeks ahead of us..

Gooseberry is usually Mystic Meg on these things so only fair I make two quick predicts.

2024 is a leap year. Previous leap years have seen the reaper go a bit nuts on A Listers. There were more celebs dying in 2017 but you remember more of them from 2016.

The DL record will be smashed. Of the twenty five being carried over there will be a huge number of dying, old and very frail people. A number of returnees look on their last legs. There's some decent newcomers out there too. Unless they absolutely fuck it up DL24 should start with a very high floor before the vagaries of death hit us.

• Like 7

My boring 2024 prediction will be a 1928 collapse. Given that 1928 babies are turning 96 next year, the amount left that are on the DL (Kennedy, Morris, Le Pen), previously on/must return to the DL (Chomsky), or potentially DL-y (Lovell, Watson, Lehrer, Dr. Ruth, Marion Ross, etc) is pretty impressive, and feels like a bubble about to burst.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

My boring 2024 prediction will be a 1928 collapse. Given that 1928 babies are turning 96 next year, the amount left that are on the DL (Kennedy, Morris, Le Pen), previously on/must return to the DL (Chomsky), or potentially DL-y (Lovell, Watson, Lehrer, Dr. Ruth, Marion Ross, etc) is pretty impressive, and feels like a bubble about to burst.

Looking over my 3 DDP teams 1928 births are the most represented of their decade .Only 1 year in the 30s matches the sane number of picks out of the 60 names.

• Like 1

My hardly revelatory prediction for 2024: pre WW2 babies are 85+. An awful lot of 70s and 80s TV stars will fall into the (Hinge and) bracket. Denville Hall residents will be among those affected by the reaper.

:old:

I think 2024 will be slower than 2023. Hard to ballpark a number without the official list being out, but with more celebrities hiding terminal diagnoses, it doesn't seem like there's very many high profile "certs" this year - or at least that's how I felt when drafting my shadow list. 

3 official Deathlist hits in 8 days. The enema ain't f*****g around. 

I cannot see anything but a record year for the Deathlist and DDP  .

2024 is going to be one heck of a year.

• Like 3

On 31/12/2023 at 02:33, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I think 2024 will be slower than 2023. Hard to ballpark a number without the official list being out, but with more celebrities hiding terminal diagnoses, it doesn't seem like there's very many high profile "certs" this year - or at least that's how I felt when drafting my shadow list. 

Seems like I've been proven wrong already 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Leap year, Gooseberry, it's happening.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

This is crazy so far. I like it :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Book said:

This is crazy so far. I like it :D

Put on your seat belt it is going to be a bumpy ride.  Disposable medical gloves recommended also as they are most useful when an enema is doing the business.  Pretty sh***y really. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, msc said:

Leap year, Gooseberry, it's happening.

You have undeniably been right all along on this. Even I wouldn't have expected such an impressive  result within the first 8 days of the year and I think a 4th hit before the end of January is extreme likely. 

It's an enema alright, only this time the Grim Reaper is using a garden hose.

• Haha 2

Unfortunately I don't think this wonderful pace will continue... I feel like we're entering a long drought. I suspect we won't break 2020 record neither reach 2023's total. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Unfortunately I don't think this wonderful pace will continue... I feel like we're entering a long drought. I suspect we won't break 2020 record neither reach 2023's total. 

Is this considered an optimistic or pessimistic view? 

14 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Keep the faith! Don't give up! 

• Like 1

My prediction is either Carter or Chomsky dies in the next few days or we don’t have another hit until late february.

also, can’t we rename the thread « prediction » ? Will be more large and suitable me think

• Like 1