Sign in to follow this  
Slave to the Grave

Stuart Hall

Davina did have a drug problem when she was in her early 20s, and she was helped through it by her former lover Eric Clapton.

She dated old Slowhand when she was in her teens. And he would then have been in his 40s.

Not that I'm making any implications...

• Like 1

I can't fault the bloke

Some interesting stuff amidst the predictable verbosity protesting his innocence outside Preston Crown Court yesterday.

Hall indicated only his family had prevented him offing himself and also stated that he'd been "very healthy" until the sexual assualt allegations hit but now had a "heart condition" that could see him out in a couple of years. S'cuse the usual cynicism but...

There's a shit-load of smoke here despite his protestations of there being no fire (multiple allegations, spread over a long time) and such cases as this either end in a mire of jury disagreement with the accused getting off and mumbling summat about being "totally exhonorated" or they end in conviction with attendant career collapse, abuse in the street and the likes of us keeping their name alive.

Either way, I'd like to thank Stuart for his candour and celebrate by opening my Dead Pool Picks 2014 file; there's currently one name in there.

• Like 2

Some interesting stuff amidst the predictable verbosity protesting his innocence outside Preston Crown Court yesterday.

Hall indicated only his family had prevented him offing himself and also stated that he'd been "very healthy" until the sexual assualt allegations hit but now had a "heart condition" that could see him out in a couple of years. S'cuse the usual cynicism but...

There's a shit-load of smoke here despite his protestations of there being no fire (multiple allegations, spread over a long time) and such cases as this either end in a mire of jury disagreement with the accused getting off and mumbling summat about being "totally exhonorated" or they end in conviction with attendant career collapse, abuse in the street and the likes of us keeping their name alive.

Either way, I'd like to thank Stuart for his candour and celebrate by opening my Dead Pool Picks 2014 file; there's currently one name in there.

Well there is nothing like seizing an opportunity once it presents itself, eh Mary!!

Well there is nothing like seizing an opportunity once it presents itself, eh Mary!!

Are you saying me and Stuart Hall have summat in common? I'll spend the next hour pouring over my thesaurus before delivering my denial!

• Like 2

Are you saying me and Stuart Hall have summat in common? I'll spend the next hour pouring over my thesaurus before delivering my denial!

Im sitting here laughing!!

No, Mary I was just mentioning the fact Mr Hall has already made it known that he has health issues " ooooh me 'art, me 'art!!!" and that you were in there faster than a shithouse rat in getting him onto your 2014 file.

Like I said, you really cannot pass up such an opportunity, right? :D

Im sitting here laughing!!

No, Mary I was just mentioning the fact Mr Hall has already made it known that he has health issues " ooooh me 'art, me 'art!!!" and that you were in there faster than a shithouse rat in getting him onto your 2014 file.

Like I said, you really cannot pass up such an opportunity, right? :D

Fair point though, I'm kicking myself for bumping Reg Presley OFF my DDP team in the final shake up and substituting Kate Granger.

I think this might be the tip of the iceberg as far as celebrity molestation is concerned...

Stuart Hall needs to get the best Public Relations man he can to help clear his name. I wonder how busy Max Cliiford is?

Fairly busy.

• Like 1

With all what's been going on, I've heard a rumour the BBC in Salford are going to rename their regional programme Look, Nonce...

I think this might be the tip of the iceberg as far as celebrity molestation is concerned...

Are you fingering James Cameron?

Or..... did he finger you?

Surprised no-one has started a 'Predict the next celebrity to be caught' or 'Name the next (Alleged) nonce'

• Like 1

Surprised no-one has started a 'Predict the next celebrity to be caught' or 'Name the next (Alleged) nonce'

Good idea, I gave you full credit for the idea :-)

Guest Guest

This is completely off topic,but talking of prisons, if you were a fan of Prisoner Cell Block H you can watch the first episode of the new look version here http://www.dailymoti...s?search_algo=2 . Theres lots of naked lesbian action

It's the victims' day in Stuart Hall's court today. Expect plenty of shameful shit he'd sooner have kept quiet; after which a sick old egomaniac will be left to comtemplate a future of no work and widespread public hatred.

Does the man need his own thread?

It's the victims' day in Stuart Hall's court today. Expect plenty of shameful shit he'd sooner have kept quiet; after which a sick old egomaniac will be left to comtemplate a future of no work and widespread public hatred.

Does the man need his own thread?

A future of life in prison most likely

15 months (so half that with good shitting himself and not leaving the protection wing behaviour).

We'll keep his celebrity alive!

Wouldn't be surprised if he "forgets to take his medication" and has a heart attack in the next few weeks, a la Kenneth Lay.

15 months (so half that with good shitting himself and not leaving the protection wing behaviour).

It didn't take long to bring him to trial

Ah, at last:

Some erudite sound-bites befitting the great man's current predicament. I can't verify the accuracy of what follows; but they certainly sound like Stuart:

"And here we are at the Coliseum, with a match of titanic proportions about to take place. Will the once-gladiatorial figure of [stuart] Hall succumb to sicko sodomising in the smelly showers?”

"I've never been brilliant in business. If you have an artistic bent, you're never going to be good at the logistics of business. I've no time for all that. I'm the man who ran Shit Travel - what a great venture that was. Then again, I ran find ‘em, fondle ‘em and fuck off…that worked okay for a few decades."

"Young people used to come from school to see me when I was at the BBC in Manchester, to talk about a career in broadcasting, and I would always tell them; LIE DOWN! LIE DOWN! LIE DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!! 'You must develop your own style.' There's no point taking a degree in Media Studies', whatever that is. You may as well do embroidery at Bolton university because that would be just as useful. No, give me the quirky, the off-piste, the stylish."

"[Former Manchester City winger Peter] Doherty, what a player. Balletic. He could have been a dancer for the Kirov. Doherty was a real artist, and that is that has gone out of the game. Well, that and sheepskin coated shameless kiddie-fiddleres. Neville Cardus once wrote of Frank Woolley, the Kent and England batsman, that his strokes 'were conceived in joy and performed at leisure'. Artistry, you see, not the stuff that we get today from Sky, who have hyped the game up as far as it can go. Nobody can pretend that watching Middlesbrough play Reading is five-star entertainment.

On being a radio commentator: "When I first began, there were two engineers setting everything up for you. All you needed to do was talk into the microphone. Now, it's DIY. You have to clamber to row Z in the stratosphere, hauling three tons of kit like a pack mule. Frankly, if it wasn’t for the obliging and frequently frightened into catatonic silence totty, I might have packed it in years ago. I was at Turf Moor the other day and I had to climb so high I was in need of oxygen. Looking out over the grey roofs of Burnley, I could scarcely observe the football, but I was so high I could see the Statue of Liberty. The weather was appalling. The rain was borne on a terrible west wind. Down below me appeared to be a shoal of silver sardines, swishing about in the gale. A thought occurred that I should have been at home in my slippers filling my pipe. But why was I there? Because Burnley played pure football."And, the missus is older than the totty on offer when I’m commentating.

I think Stuart Hall of Open University repute might want to add an initial or summat to his name, or risk his lefty "Kilburn Manifesto" going completely down the shitter...

It didn't take long to bring him to trial

Think his guilty plea saw to that, saved the lawyers the trouble of additional research, interviewing witnesses etc