MortalCaso

What's on the Telly?

A sad hit, but a hit nonetheless. 

David McCallum is the first hit for @TheSpinosaurus with the show Ben 10: Ultimate Alien. It had been 2 months since the last hit in this pool.

Somehow the host chose NCIS and didn't pick the aforementioned...alas the world turns.

• Like 3

woah cat.gif

I'd be up for Round 2.

• Like 5

Well done Toast!

Bring on round 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations @Toast!

Not only are you the winner of this pool with 3 hits, you were also the only one that managed 2 hits! I'm not sure whether you winning says more about your skill or the lack of competition. Perhaps both :D. I will be updating the List of the Missed as best I can over the next few days as well as providing some commentary of this pool and how it played out. Expect a new thread for the second edition of this pool shortly.

We had 27 entries for this one and I appreciate you all participating. Please feel free to let me know of any changes you think are needed before round 2!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well done, Toast!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Congratulations @Toast

Please feel free to let me know of any changes you think are needed before round 2!

Any thoughts on getting rid of the rule that a Tv series must have 5 living cast members to be allowed?

1 hour ago, markb4 said:

Any thoughts on getting rid of the rule that a Tv series must have 5 living cast members to be allowed?

I'd consider it.

The only reason I have that rule is because you need 3 cast members to enter + 1 sub. So basically you need a minimum of 4 cast members alive to begin with. Originally I wanted 2 subs and switched to 1 before I created this game, that's where the #5 came from. 

Can I ask why 5 is an issue? I'm definitely open for discussion on any rule changes.

• Like 2

I think the rules are fine. 

Obviously I think it should be explicit that news broadcast programmes are excluded. However, discussion programmes such as Question Time or Peston for example should be allowed. I mean, Toast won with a panel show effectively!

Anyway, there's such a vast sweep of stuff on the telly, there's no telling what crafty entrant might try - until they try it, so no doubt the game will evolve. 

Huzzah for Round 2!

6 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

I ask why 5 is an issue? I'm definitely open for discussion on any rule changes.

No worries. I figured there are a good set of TV series that have only 3 cast members alive, so they'll be good picks. But I forgot about that sub requirement so never mind.

Congrats @Toast

What is to stop us just reentering our teams from the first game if they are still in tact?

Will there be a banned list?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Congrats @Toast

What is to stop us just reentering our teams from the first game if they are still in tact?

Will there be a banned list?

I have referred MC to the relevant rule in the Silver Screen pool which keeps the game fresh, so we will see what he decides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2