Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

That should put Bananas at 1 & 3 in the table.

What is he, the fucking Beatles?

So after 2/3rds of the year, we are at 210 hits so far. August was another fine month with 24 hits - keeping pretty much following some kind of linear trend.

It does seem like a record will be reached fairly easily. We'd need 71 more hits in 122 days.

Curiously though how it clashes with the fairly low top score with nobody having reached triple digits. But then, points and hits seem to be spread fairly evenly across a lot of teams.

Jonnie Irwin, James Whale, Steve McMichael, Frank Field, Nigel Starmer-Smith, Simon Cowell, maybe Linda Nolan, Rob Burrow, and maybe Johnny Ruffo are the canon names who have not yet died this year but might still throw the scoreboard into disorder. As long as they live, the gates for a random winner who just happens to pick the right Drop 40 names (:cough: Shane MacGowan :cough:, or Jimmy Carter) remain pretty open.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

So after 2/3rds of the year, we are at 210 hits so far. August was another fine month with 24 hits - keeping pretty much following some kind of linear trend.

It does seem like a record will be reached fairly easily. We'd need 71 more hits in 122 days.

Curiously though how it clashes with the fairly low top score with nobody having reached triple digits. But then, points and hits seem to be spread fairly evenly across a lot of teams.

Jonnie Irwin, James Whale, Steve McMichael, Frank Field, Nigel Starmer-Smith, Simon Cowell, maybe Linda Nolan, Rob Burrow, and maybe Johnny Ruffo are the canon names who have not yet died this year but might still throw the scoreboard into disorder. As long as they live, the gates for a random winner who just happens to pick the right Drop 40 names (:cough: Shane MacGowan :cough:, or Jimmy Carter) remain pretty open.

And of course to add to that you should expect a deluge of unique Crumble hits over the next 4 months...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

And of course to add to that you should expect a deluge of unique Crumble hits over the next 4 months...

More like an “enema” of crumble hits.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well yes a deluge of shit .. !

Are the "crumbles" what I think they are...?

Edit: Okay, they are not the german word "Krümel".

• Haha 1

@Death Impends, wonderful write ups as always! 

Regarding US game show hosts, there is at least one remaining from Barker's era - Peter Marshall (dob 30 March 1926) of 'Hollywood Squares' fame.  He's been a DDP mainstay since 2018, thanks to theme teams.  He had a close brush with COVID in early 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Grimace said:

@Death Impends, wonderful write ups as always! 

Regarding US game show hosts, there is at least one remaining from Barker's era - Peter Marshall (dob 30 March 1926) of 'Hollywood Squares' fame.  He's been a DDP mainstay since 2018, thanks to theme teams.  He had a close brush with COVID in early 2021.

Wink Martindale and Bob Eubanks, who I namechecked in the obit, are also alive. But no "famous solely for hosting game shows" types actively hosting a game show once Sajak steps down, it's the age of famous actors/comedians/etc becoming game show hosts now.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, we get the US Gameshow Network on our IPTV package and it's weird seeing quiz shows hosted by the fat one from N'Sync and beloved character actor John Michael Higgins.

25 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Mike Yarwood dead at 82.

Cross-posting Mike Yarwood QO.

A hit for my Comedy theme team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 22/01/2023 at 09:10, Captain Hemlock said:

I'm always amazed that Mangosuthu Buthelezi is a unique pick for me but that has been the case every year I've picked him.

Definitely my most surprising unique pick in this game although Robin Leach also shocked me a bit the year I was the only one picking him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

All the reports say she was born in 1932. DDP has her born in 1936. That would cause more points than are due to be awarded. So be clear, everybody says she was 91 when she died.

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

All the reports say she was born in 1932. DDP has her born in 1936. That would cause more points than are due to be awarded. So be clear, everybody says she was 91 when she died.

I had her down on my Masterlist as 1932 and she was on the subs bench for my Unusual Suspects DDP team

• Like 2