Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2023

Vicki Eastaugh, my 2020 joker, but a subsequent disallowed pick for lack of fame, appears to have died in 2022. She was 24 when I selected her for the 2020 DDP. This article from June 19th, 2023, about her cousin, indicates she died off the radar at age 26.  Cause of death was breast cancer. She had been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer in 2019. Technically a 'List of the Missed'. 

https://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/people/plucky-hemel-schoolgirl-takes-on-charity-challenge-in-tribute-to-her-late-cousin-4187576

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

BBC obit for Claude Sarraute

Links to a 1999 article on Nathalie Sarraute?

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Links to a 1999 article on Nathalie Sarraute?

my bad I misread, t'was her mother… I keep on searching then 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Are any of those sources acceptable for Claude Sarraute : here,  here,  here, here, here and here ?  

You’ve been here long enough to know that none of these sources are QO. Especially not something like Newbeezer

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

You’ve been here long enough to know that none of these sources are QO. Especially not something like Newbeezer

Tbh I’ve never taken any care in obit so I thought at least Le Monde (in english) would be ok 

• Facepalm 1

The qualifying obits aren't some mystical knowledge. They're promoted on site, by email and on this forum regularly. It's not the committee fault if a player can't be bothered checking them out.

• Like 2

Was there a q/o for Frederic Forrest?

1 minute ago, Steve said:

Was there a q/o for Frederic Forrest?

Didn't need to post one, @gcreptile already updated the scoreboard etc.

Ha, indeed it is. Though I'm 100% sure the Financial Times and other sources will join in.

• Like 1

What I need @YoungWillz  fairly soon is a decent  number of hits in my Derby Dead Pool entries this year to atone for and counteract the humiliation of so many of my recently dropped picks dying and making it onto the list of the missed.

Esther Shapiro,  June Kenton, Michael Fagan, Leonard Hayflick,  Bob Mackie,Jefferson King,  Marcia Ashton....over to you!!

• Haha 1

The waiting begins. Daniel N. Paul has died. He was a unique pick for me, but one whose QO chances are questionable. I might be searching for an acceptable obit in perpetuity.

6 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

The waiting begins. Daniel N. Paul has died. He was a unique pick for me, but one whose QO chances are questionable. I might be searching for an acceptable obit in perpetuity.

Yahoo could come to the rescue. They have worked for me several times. I’m still amazed that Leon Bibb was my only list of the lost after all these years.

• Like 1

I am surprised there is no q/o for Carmen Sevilla yet.

It would be "funny" if Carmen Sevilla doesnt get an obit now, but her fake death news in 2020 did.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1