Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

1 minute ago, wildstorm said:

looks like one of your subs is coming off the bench too, eh?

This is pretty amazing.  Honestly, this is the 4th name within the past 72 hours that was going to go on my '24 List!  

2 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

This is pretty amazing.  Honestly, this is the 4th name within the past 72 hours that was going to go on my '24 List!  

were any of those 4 at least on you 2023 list so at least you get numbers up in our 2023 tally?

1 minute ago, livingbygrace said:

were any of those 4 at least on you 2023 list so at least you get numbers up in our 2023 tally?

No.  In fact, I didn't even know who these other 3 people were, frankly, until looking at some of the other threads in more detail very late in the year, as I so often do when I think about my lists for the following year.  Being an American, I was certainly familiar with Yarborough, if not his health situation until checking the threads.  The other 3 were Pravrajika Amalaprana, Vijayakanth, and Rotimi Akeredolu.  (And through all of this, Jimmy Carter lives.  Amazing!)

Every once in a while, I'll offer an opinion on if I think a person looks like they are very sick or something, but it's other people on here who are so great with actually providing info that I find actionable.  I just try my best to follow through on the info that's available on here.  This site is the best I've seen for dead pooling. 

• Like 1

On 29/12/2023 at 15:36, Autistic Merit said:

Denis Law

Drake Bell - I know that he's young but he has multiple legal issues and I imagine he's not in a good place currently

Paul Gascoigne

Cher

Patrick Murray

Amy Dowden

Sophia Loren

Maria Branyas - just too old

Johnny Mathis - I thought he was already dead

Cher? She's trying to put a conservatorship in place for her son, so I doubt it

5 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Boris Spassky and Nina Mouskouri

Nana.

9 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I just think he looks like a man who is dying.  In those photos of him from late 2022, that just didn't look to me like someone who lost a lot of weight from gastric bypass surgery.  He looked very, very sick to me.  He could barely walk, in that video of him at a red carpet event, actually needing assistance, it looked like.  There hasn't been any information that has been released as far as a specific illness that he may or may not have, but I'm just going with my eyes on this one, that's all.  Has anyone had a positive update on him being out and about in public and looking spry?  Until I see something like that, he's staying on my list if he continues to have that look to me like he's very sick.  Also, I found this, from an appearance on Live with Kelly and Mark, where the article notes that when the show came back from commercial, Jackson was already seated, so they didn't actually show him on camera walking onstage.  That almost certainly means that he either needed assistance walking to the stage, or that he can barely walk.  And he still looks sick to me.  Judge for yourself.

Yeah, his face looks fairly gaunt and has been for at least a year and a half. On an appearance on Idol winner Jennifer Hudson's talk show, his voice was very raspy, which wasn't the case when I watched American Idol seasons when he judged. I wonder if he has the same raspy voice on Live with Kelly and Ryan?

8 hours ago, The Watcher said:

Some politicians:

Patrick Duffy (b 1920)  (not the Dallas actor!)

Douglas Hurd (b 1930)

Roy Hattersley (b 1932)

John Wakeham (b 1932)

John Nott (b 1932)

Michael Heseltine (b 1933)

Tom King (b 1933)

Kenneth Baker (b 1934)

Norman Lamont (b 1942)

Lynda Chalker (b 1942)

Peter Lilley (b 1943)

There are a lot of tories from the Thatcher/Major years well over 80+, who I wonder if they'll be mortified by the party's impending stuffing in the election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, namelesshere said:

Cher? She's trying to put a conservatorship in place for her son, so I doubt it

I ended up double checking that it wasn't an American law term for Lasting Power of Attorney.

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just going to put this out there…

Pam Ferris.

76 in May, obese. Hardly been present on screen in recent years. Last acting credit 2021. Is she ill??

Had asumed she was overweight back then unless they just made her look fat for the part:blush:

Guessing that the six 2024 DL drops will be

Alan Alda

Angie Dickinson

Robert Duvall

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Hal Linden

Andy Taylor

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 00:31, YoungWillz said:

Shock of my life that Lennon's US immigration lawyer turned up on the telly, alive.

Leon Wildes is 90 - showing his age, if still full of faculties.

Yes and now he dead at 90

• Like 2

On 02/10/2023 at 22:44, gcreptile said:

Pig heart valve barely better than a pig heart, noted.

On 11/09/2023 at 14:36, arghton said:

If you're already thinking who to pick in Centenarians DP next year, Sheng Zhiyong, who is now 103 and established the first military ICU in China, survived a massive stroke in 2016 (as mentioned here on Fudan University's Alumni page in 2020...that's him in the first image with the nasogastric tube) and has been in extremely frail health and permanently hospitalised at Beijing's 301 Hospital since.

Shen Zhiyong dead at 103.

• Like 3

On 27/06/2023 at 13:24, YoungWillz said:

Mark Labbett up for an interview on Steph's Packed Lunch, in a couple of minutes.

Form spotters to the remote control...

Mark Labbett interviewed by The Farage last week.

Biggest takeaway from interview is him explaining his weight loss...
1) walks with the dog
2) caring for his young son as a new dad in his 50s
3) contracted COVID and never regained his appetite

BMI is 31 so still (marginally) in the obese category but has lost 10 stone overall.

Anyway, not selected in the DDP this year and probably just as well as I'd say he's easily a wasted pick. One to revisit in 15–20 years.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2023 at 10:19, gcreptile said:

From the Justin Yerbury school of researchers researching their illness, cancer expert Richard Scolyer is undergoing pioneering treatment for his incurable brain cancer:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-20/melanoma-richard-scolyer-georgina-long-early-results/102879818

Long article on the BBC about Scolyer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-67870595

Currently has no active cancer but prognosis still 'grim'.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Long article on the BBC about Scolyer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-67870595

Currently has no active cancer but prognosis still 'grim'.

I dropped him when they said he was going for immunotherapy as that sounded like they expected he could last a bit longer. This says that, contrary to most experts opinions, the immunotherapy has worked on his glioblastoma. Time will tell but there is a slim chance this is an incredible breakthrough.

• Like 2

On 21/12/2023 at 10:52, Thatcher said:

Niall Ó Donnghaile, Leader of Sinn Fein in the Seanad since 2020, has resigned his seat on the grounds of ill health. He is only 38 and previously served as the Lord Mayor of Belfast. Perhaps not for 2024, but one to keep an eye on.

I've been looking at the Irish on my shortlist after the failure thus far of Kavanagh and Shannon to get relevant obits.

I still feel Charlie Bird isnt quite the cast-iron QO but should pick something up.

Ó Donnghaile... Well, he's currently training intensively for CrossFit and for a 10k run on St Patrick's Day, so I am therefore led to believe that he stood down for mental health (stress) and not anything like terminal cancer.

In short, he's off my list.

On 05/10/2023 at 11:11, gcreptile said:

I had a 24 hour period of some more detailed research, and there are SO many "meh" names around.

Tasha Butts, former basketball player now coach, breast cancer: https://www.cbssports.com/womens-college-basketball/news/georgetown-supports-coach-tasha-butts-as-she-battles-breast-cancer-with-tashatough-social-media-trend/

Glenis Redmond, somewhat acclaimed poet whose multiple myeloma prognosis is coming to an end: https://eu.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/greenville/2023/08/16/academy-of-american-poets-awards-glenis-redmond-50000-what-to-know-poetry-greenville-poet-laureate/70464292007/

AnnaLynne McCord, former star of Beverly Hills 90210, has multiple personality disorder: https://www.wonderwall.com/entertainment/90210-alum-diagnosed-with-dissociative-identity-disorder-after-having-5-split-personalities-794543.gallery

Bozeman commissioner I-Ho Pomeroy, glioblastoma, but the tumour has been removed: https://www.kbzk.com/news/local-news/bozeman-announces-resignation-of-i-ho-pomeroy-from-city-commission

Norfolk artist Kim Keene whose stage IV breast cancer has returned: https://www.newsbreak.com/norfolk-va/3179424501160-norfolk-artist-battling-stage-4-breast-cancer-creates-nonprofit-to-help-patients

Tracie Mills, "inspirational" woman from Rugby, founded an organisation, has terminal breast cancer: https://www.warwickshireworld.com/business/award-for-inspirational-rugby-woman-with-terminal-cancer-who-has-raised-more-than-ps115000-4357904

Bill Bergey, former NFL star, has jaw cancer: https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/bill-bergey-cancer-battle-crucial-catch-commanders-eagles

After Tasha Butts, I-Ho Pomeroy might be the 2nd fatality of the list that I called "Meh":