Paul Bearer

The deaD of 2023

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Lee Redmond, world record holder for longest nail died aged 82 on the 14th of december

Having enough patience to grow your nails for 30 years but not bothering to take 5 seconds to put on a seatbelt will always be a baffling contradiction.

7 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Lee Redmond, world record holder for longest nail died aged 82 on the 14th of december

Wouldn't want a handjob from her! :lol:

• Haha 5

On 06/11/2005 at 22:08, Paul Bearer said:

Amrita Pritam

"Renowned author" That's the only reason I've posted it here and not in the 'not famous enough thread.'

Artist and poet Indrajit Imroz (variously Inderjeet, Inderjit), long term companion of Amrita Pritam reportedly dead aged 96: https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandigarh/artist-imroz-passes-away-at-97-9078615/

An enduring love story, they were together for 40 years until she died, and Imroz still referred to her as alive until he died.

Zhu Ling, victim of an unsolved (but much speculated on) thallium poisoning in China, 1995, has died aged 50.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

That's dixie chick founder. Dead

Laura Lynch dead at 65: Dixie Chicks founding member ‘killed in car crash’ in El Paso, Texas

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/25153182/laura-lynch-dixie-chicks-death?utm_source=sharebar_app&utm_medium=sharebar_app&utm_campaign=sharebar_app_article

IMG_8595.thumb.jpeg.6bc2c5b8699985d0b81d98e01a5147b0.jpeg

• Haha 2

BBC's We Remember has dropped.

Available to watch here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001v0qf/review-2023-4-we-remember

Featured names:
Sinead O'Connor, Shane MacGowan, Jane Birkin, Gina Lollobrigida, Julian Sands, Benjamin Zephaniah, Ryan O'Neal, Fay Weldon, Sir Martin Amis, Milan Kundera, Len Goodman, Jerry Springer, Mystic Meg, Barry Humphries, Matthew Perry, Paul O'Grady, David McCallum, Mangosuthu Buthelezi, Silvio Berlusconi, Rosalynn Carter, Henry Kissinger, George Alagiah, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Raquel Welch, Paul Cattermole (S Club 7), Trugoy the Dove (De La Soul), Dickie Davies, Francis Lee, Trevor Francis, Gordon McQueen, Sir Bobby Charlton, Harry Belafonte, Burt Bacharach, Dame Mary Quant, Jacqueline Gold, Topol, William Friedkin, Burt Young, Sylvia Syms, Sir Horace Ové, Hugh Hudson, Jean Boht, Carl Davis, Denny Laine, Richard Roundtree, Andre Braugher, Angus Cloud, Angela Thorne, Haydn Gwynne, Paxton Whitehead, John Nettleton, Betty Boothroyd, Glenys Kinnock, Winnie Ewing, Nigel Lawson, Alistair Darling, Lisa Loring, Paul Reuben, Astrud Gilberto, Sir Michael Parkinson, Mike Yarwood, Anita Pointer (The Pointer Sisters), John Motson, David Duckham, Jim Hines, Dick Fosbury, Gianluca Vialli, Terry Venables, Tony Bennett, Glenda Jackson, Sir Michael Gambon, Randy Meisner (Eagles), David Crosby, Lisa Marie Presley, Barrett Strong, Sixto Rodriguez, Jeff Beck, Tina Turner.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

BBC's We Remember has dropped.

Available to watch here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001v0qf/review-2023-4-we-remember

Featured names:
Sinead O'Connor, Shane MacGowan, Jane Birkin, Gina Lollobrigida, Julian Sands, Benjamin Zephaniah, Ryan O'Neal, Fay Weldon, Sir Martin Amis, Milan Kundera, Len Goodman, Jerry Springer, Mystic Meg, Barry Humphries, Matthew Perry, Paul O'Grady, David McCallum, Mangosuthu Buthelezi, Silvio Berlusconi, Rosalynn Carter, Henry Kissinger, George Alagiah, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Raquel Welch, Paul Cattermole (S Club 7), Trugoy the Dove (De La Soul), Dickie Davies, Francis Lee, Trevor Francis, Gordon McQueen, Sir Bobby Charlton, Harry Belafonte, Burt Bacharach, Dame Mary Quant, Jacqueline Gold, Topol, William Friedkin, Burt Young, Sylvia Syms, Sir Horace Ové, Hugh Hudson, Jean Boht, Carl Davis, Denny Laine, Richard Roundtree, Andre Braugher, Angus Cloud, Angela Thorne, Haydn Gwynne, Paxton Whitehead, John Nettleton, Betty Boothroyd, Glenys Kinnock, Winnie Ewing, Nigel Lawson, Alistair Darling, Lisa Loring, Paul Reuben, Astrud Gilberto, Sir Michael Parkinson, Mike Yarwood, Anita Pointer (The Pointer Sisters), John Motson, David Duckham, Jim Hines, Dick Fosbury, Gianluca Vialli, Terry Venables, Tony Bennett, Glenda Jackson, Sir Michael Gambon, Randy Meisner (Eagles), David Crosby, Lisa Marie Presley, Barrett Strong, Sixto Rodriguez, Jeff Beck, Tina Turner.

https://news.sky.com/story/celebrity-deaths-2023-the-famous-faces-and-notable-figures-we-said-goodbye-to-this-year-13002110
https://news.sky.com/video/celebrity-deaths-2023-which-famous-faces-passed-away-this-year-13037366

Sky News equivalent has been released as well. 

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I stopped watching the video at 0:25 after realising the whole thing is like a Microsoft Power Point slide I could create myself when I was 12.

Tis no the same level as Dear Auntie, TOC. Merry Christmas to you all the same.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I stopped watching the video at 0:25 after realising the whole thing is like a Microsoft Power Point slide I could create myself when I was 12.

Sky's effort was like one of those awful YouTube videos. TCM and BBC got it right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

In my opinion, no disrespect to the dead but what a horrible list. The other stars and notable figures sections especially seem to have lots of people who are known most for dying and probably aren't even notable enough to have individual Wiki pages. There's De Niro's grandson, a stuntman, surfer who died in an accident, guy who was most known for his 5 minutes of screentime in Breaking Bad and an Alabama man who was on a podcast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Merry Christmas to you as well. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's me but when people put out a video of those that died this past year before the actual end of the year it bugs me.. When you have a year notable people die in the last two days of the year they are not in the video when they would have been only if they died before the video was made. It always makes me feel the video is incomplete to the year's deaths.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

Troy Dargan dead – Rugby League star dies age 26 in horror Christmas Eve motorcycle crash on holiday in Cook Islands

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25160710/rugby-star-troy-dargan-dies-christmas-eve-motorcycle-crash?utm_source=sharebar_app&utm_medium=sharebar_app&utm_campaign=sharebar_app_article

:( I am so sorry for his family and praying

5 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

Maybe it's me but when people put out a video of those that died this past year before the actual end of the year it bugs me.. When you have a year notable people die in the last two days of the year they are not in the video when they would have been only if they died before the video was made. It always makes me feel the video is incomplete to the year's deaths.

It bothers me too. It wouldn't be so bad if the next year's list included those who died in the last week or so of the previous year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AstroKat said:

It bothers me too. It wouldn't be so bad if the next year's list included those who died in the last week or so of the previous year.

Right.. Put the videos out as New Year Tribute to the past year.. Why put it out at Christmas time when we have 6 more days of the year? Some would say what's 6 days but think of all the notable people that died in the past few years on those 6 days. Pope Benedict, Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, and Betty White. Non of these Icons would be in those videos.

• Like 1

Hmmmm...

2 new users
Both avatarless
Both joined Wednesday
Both active around 25–30 mins ago within a few mins of each other
Both on 12/13 posts each
Responding to each other's inane comments.

Same person?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmmmm...

2 new users
Both avatarless
Both joined Wednesday
Both active around 25–30 mins ago within a few mins of each other
Both on 12/13 posts each
Responding to each other's inane comments.

Same person?

I promise you we are not the same person.  I am just simply on and replying to a comment.  I am 100% truthful to you in that I have been a lurker for 3 years, but just now wanted to try and join in on the fun with posting, and playing on the pools. I am a bit computer dumb and have no idea how to make an avitar.  Maybe if someone could give me simple instructions how to do it I will..Also I have been active more today then just in the last 30 min.  There are other areas I have posted today throughout the day.  my first comment I posted that the other person replyed to I posted 5 hours ago

• Like 1

David Kernan, a DDP pick, reportedly dead, via Twitter

• Like 1