gcreptile

Dianne Feinstein

5 hours ago, lilham said:

Longest serving California Senator; longest serving female Senator.

Thankfully they replaced her with Patty Murray for pro tempore, but she shouldn't have gotten a committee seat, let alone an important one (judiciary).

Unfortunately Feinstein could not retire because Mitch McConnell would have refused to seat her replacement on said committee despite pleas for compassion from the Dems. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jcc said:

Unfortunately Feinstein could not retire because Mitch McConnell would have refused to seat her replacement on said committee despite pleas for compassion from the Dems. 

That's a political problem. 

She was a living breathing zombie. She didn't make her own decisions on voting or in life. She should have stepped down or been removed. 

I'd say the same about current Rep. George Santos and Sen. Bob Menedez. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcc said:

The seats were selected in January 2023 which is when the 118th Congress started; they knew about her condition ahead of this which is why she was removed from the pro tempore spot. I wouldn't give them compassion either because they could have just not seated her.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, The Great Cornholio said:

Is she up for re-election?

Her seat is for election due next year, had she lived that long she would have stepped down then.

It is common for those that are dying to miraculously recover on the day of their death. 

• Like 3

Didn't know she was he one who announced the world that San Fransisco Mayer Moscone and Harvey Milk were killed by Dan White. And was elected mayor a week later.

• Like 1

A little late here, but I can't say if I'm surprised or not. She looked very frail and unaware when she returned, but on her last day, she looked better. She seemed like she wouldn't go down without a fight. She was a great senator but she really should've retired after 2018.

• Like 1