RoverAndOut

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 3

3 hours ago, justonecornetto said:

Ian Murray has been sacked as manager of Scottish Championship club Raith Rovers after having a bad start to the season A hit for @diego

https://news.stv.tv/sport/raith-rovers-sack-manager-ian-murray-after-opening-day-defeat

A bad start to the season is a bit of an exaggeration - they've lost their opening match! Madness. Diego's 12th hit joins me and Lady Fiona in joint-3rd. Great Uncle Bulgaria still out front on 15!

• Like 2

On 04/08/2024 at 16:41, RoverAndOut said:

A bad start to the season is a bit of an exaggeration - they've lost their opening match! Madness. Diego's 12th hit joins me and Lady Fiona in joint-3rd. Great Uncle Bulgaria still out front on 15!

Carlisle sacked Neil McDonald around 15 years back for "footballing reasons" around 10-00am on a Monday morning after their season kicked off two days before with a 1-1 draw. 

• Like 1

Another stupid start to the season. Preston lose 2-0 to Sheffield United and Ryan Lowe walks. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c990yxd90y5o

What a waste of pre-season. That's 2 managers down after less than a fortnight of the new season. Anyway, a good start to the season for Diego, who had both of those, and Wannamaker, who had Ryan Lowe on his list. And to correct my previous post, it was Wannamaker not Lady Fiona who was also on 12, and subsequently he is now on 13! Below is the updated scoreboard and, since it's been a while, I've listed what is still needed for each player to bring victory. Will we complete before Christmas..?

Checking has enabled me to discover that Diego has been a hit down since last November, as he had Malky Mackay but wasn't included on the Master List. Subsequently, he's on 14 now and joint-second!

Updated Scoreboard

Great Uncle Bulgaria - 15

Sly Ronnie, Diego - 14

Wannamaker - 13

Rover and Out - 12

Lady Fiona - 11

MariNisia, Bibliogryphon, Maryportfuncity, Buffalo Phil - 10

Commtech Sio Bibble - 9

GUB - 5: Postecoglu (Spurs), Farke (Leeds), Martin (Southampton), Evatt (Bolton), Selles (Reading)

SR - 6: Iraola (Bournemouth), Dyche (Everton), Edwards (Luton), Corberan (West Brom), Warne (Derby), Ferguson (Peterborough)

D - 6:  Scopes (Aveley), Robinson (St Mirren), Agnew (Stranraer), Davies (Caernarfon), McAree (Dungannon), Small (Ballyclare)

W - 7: Iraola (Bournemouth), Dyche (Everton), Edwards (Luton), Bulut (Cardiff), Carrick (Middlesbrough), Goodwin (Dundee Utd)

RAO - 8: Iraola (Bournemouth), Dyche (Everton), McKenna (Ipswich), Ferguson (Peterborough), Maloney (Wigan), Lindsey (Crawley), Cook (Chesterfield), Maher (Southend)

LF - 9: Arteta (Arsenal), Dyche (Everton), Silva (Fulham), Bulut (Cardiff), McKenna (Ipswich), Carrick (Middlesbrough), Evatt (Bolton), Jackson (Wimbledon), Parkinson (Wrexham)

MN - 10: Iraola (Bournemouth), Dyche (Everton), Silva (Fulham), Edwards (Luton), Postecoglu (Spurs), Bulut (Cardiff), McKenna (Ipswich), Farke (Leeds), Martin (Southampton), Corberan (West Brom)

B - 10: Iraola (Bournemouth), Frank (Brentford), Dyche (Everton), Silva (Fulham), Postecoglu (Spurs), Bulut (Cardiff), Farke (Leeds), Carrick (Middlesbrough), Warne (Derby), Maloney (Wigan)

MPFC - 10: Edwards (Luton), Postecoglu (Spurs), Martin (Southampton), Selles (Reading), Maloney (Wigan), Lindsey (Crawley), Maher (Southend), Scopes (Aveley), McInnes (Kilmarnock), Agnew (Stranraer)

BP - 10: Bulut (Cardiff), Farke (Leeds), Martin (Southampton), Evatt (Bolton), Warne (Derby), Ferguson (Peterborough), Mousinho (Portsmouth), Selles (Reading), Weaver (Harrogate), Clough (Mansfield)

CSB - 11: Arteta (Arsenal), Iraola (Bournemouth), Frank (Brentford), Dyche (Everton), Silva (Fulham), Guardiola (Man C), Postecoglu (Spurs), Robins (Coventry), Farke (Leeds), Bell (Crewe), Clough (Mansfield)

How long is Wayne Rooney going to last at Plymouth? 

Granted, I watched Carlisle take a 4-1 tanking on Saturday and - frankly - still have some faith in Paul Simpson, though - fuck knows - some shooting practice and getting the defence to understand each other's roles has to be the priority in training this week, we actually bossed the possesion, despite going bottom of the entire fucking league. But, Iooking at the match stats from Rooney's first game for points is sobering. An early casualty methinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

How long is Wayne Rooney going to last at Plymouth? 

Granted, I watched Carlisle take a 4-1 tanking on Saturday and - frankly - still have some faith in Paul Simpson, though - fuck knows - some shooting practice and getting the defence to understand each other's roles has to be the priority in training this week, we actually bossed the possesion, despite going bottom of the entire fucking league. But, Iooking at the match stats from Rooney's first game for points is sobering. An early casualty methinks.

Wasn't Ryan Lowe at Plymouth a couple of managers ago..?

10 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Wasn't Ryan Lowe at Plymouth a couple of managers ago..?

Aye, just Googled it, win percentage of 42.97. Rooney's career stats haven't topped 30% anywhere and they've gone down since his days at Derby.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, just Googled it, win percentage of 42.97. Rooney's career stats haven't topped 30% anywhere and they've gone down since his days at Derby.

Well, I think we all know what's going to happen in October then, if not sooner. :rolleyes:

WTF do I know, I'd have had money on Simmo to come out of the blocks with a winning team given the budget he's had and the faith of the new owners. Three defeats in four league games, I've personally witnessed seven goals hit the back of our net and I was spared live updates this weekend because of the shit wifi at the paranormal conference I attended, when my messages caught up in Costa it was people telling me the sacking was imminent, more than that, the clearout includes two who might - in less ambitious times - have been contenders for the caretaker role. 

So Carlisle want someone who can turn that shopping spree into play off contention, then: https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/club-statement-31-august-2024?fbclid=IwY2xjawFBw8JleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHaBPzmtPriPZ0IkYMTQw10CuC1MEu2ZmyIAcINN-za8w5hKJaBumX7Cxkg_aem_9SkIIvYDb5PxyStOLtgJXg

• Like 2

Stoke have sacked Steve Schumacher. Although this isn't a hit, because anyone who had either Stoke or Schumacher would have already had a hit with them :lol:

• Like 1