RoverAndOut

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 3

1 hour ago, justonecornetto said:

I really must play this game next year!

Anyway Malky Mackay has been bumped by Ross County in Scottish Premiership.

Hit for @RoverAndOut @ladyfiona and @maryportfuncity

Yeah, like that'll make a difference to their fortunes this season or mine in this pool!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, Malky Mackay becomes the 4th SPL manager to lose his job as Ross County decided to part ways with him after a 9 game winless run, which culminated in bottom of the table St Johnstone beating them to leapfrog out of the relegation places and place Ross County in them. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67426270

His departure was a hit for @ladyfiona, @maryportfuncity and me, moving us all up one place in the standings. Fiona is now joint-2nd with wannamaker on 7 hits (just 2 behind leader Sly Ronnie), while I move into outright 4th with 6. Maryport is off the bottom with his third hit, leaving Commtech Sio Bibble alone at the foot of the table but it's still all to play for! Sly Ronnie's lead hasn't increased in more than 2 weeks!

Leaderboard:

Sly Ronnie - 9

Wannamaker, Lady Fiona - 7

Rover and Out - 6

Great Uncle Bulgaria, Bibliogryphon, Diego - 5

Buffalo Phil, MariNisia, Maryportfuncity - 3

Commtech Sio Bibble, - 2

23 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Yes, Malky Mackay becomes the 4th SPL manager to lose his job as Ross County decided to part ways with him after a 9 game winless run, which culminated in bottom of the table St Johnstone beating them to leapfrog out of the relegation places and place Ross County in them. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67426270

His departure was a hit for @ladyfiona, @maryportfuncity and me, moving us all up one place in the standings. Fiona is now joint-2nd with wannamaker on 7 hits (just 2 behind leader Sly Ronnie), while I move into outright 4th with 6. Maryport is off the bottom with his third hit, leaving Commtech Sio Bibble alone at the foot of the table but it's still all to play for! Sly Ronnie's lead hasn't increased in more than 2 weeks!

Leaderboard:

Sly Ronnie - 9

Wannamaker, Lady Fiona - 7

Rover and Out - 6

Great Uncle Bulgaria, Bibliogryphon, Diego - 5

Buffalo Phil, MariNisia, Maryportfuncity - 3

Commtech Sio Bibble, - 2

Aye, strange how my fate currently matches Carlisle United, just off the bottom of the table but everyone knows the manager's job is safe!

• Haha 1

10 point deduction at Everton, plunges them second bottom with four points - livens up the footy news on a dull weekend (unless Malta can Muller England tonight) 

Unlikely to do owt to the managerial sackings other than give Dyche's legend a little more shine as he overcomes adversity and limitations around him, again. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67448714

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

10 point deduction at Everton, plunges them second bottom with four points - livens up the footy news on a dull weekend (unless Malta can Muller England tonight) 

Unlikely to do owt to the managerial sackings other than give Dyche's legend a little more shine as he overcomes adversity and limitations around him, again. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67448714

It  makes Dyche not responsible for the position of the club in the league and it also bolsters the survival chances of the other relegation threatened team as their position suddenly doesn't quite look so bad

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It  makes Dyche not responsible for the position of the club in the league and it also bolsters the survival chances of the other relegation threatened team as their position suddenly doesn't quite look so bad

Not greatly given to betting but...Everton's position is very safe, they've earned 14 points this season and the current gap to safety is two points, Luton Town in the first safe spot have taken 6 points from 12 games, the same number it took Everton to earn 14 points and 14th place. 

Add the bunker mentality (Dyche's natural ground) and he's nailed on for a season of looking like his usual hard-bitten hero type. 

Safer than three quarters of his peers in that league, I'd say. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Not greatly given to betting but...Everton's position is very safe, they've earned 14 points this season and the current gap to safety is two points, Luton Town in the first safe spot have taken 6 points from 12 games, the same number it took Everton to earn 14 points and 14th place. 

Add the bunker mentality (Dyche's natural ground) and he's nailed on for a season of looking like his usual hard-bitten hero type. 

Safer than three quarters of his peers in that league, I'd say. 

I had envisaged that Vincent Kompany would have been the golden boy and be comfortably sat mid table by now and Everton and Bournemouth would be scrapping to avoid the third spot. Now survival  looks like a positive I think he is safe until the beginning of next season

So, re Everton and the missing points

The only reason there's nothing to see, yet on the other names in the frame for such investigations is that Man City and Chelsea have so much evidence to be considered it's going to take longer. If City got hammered it's a tough decision, do they - for example -retrospectively lose their current Premiershit title? A hollow victory for Arsenal if so, and it's not like the Gunners would drag the open top bus out for a tour now. Could have a bearing on this season's title, then - though unlikely Pep would go anywhere and - if anything - more likely that all managers in the chasing pack would be slightly safer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, re Everton and the missing points

The only reason there's nothing to see, yet on the other names in the frame for such investigations is that Man City and Chelsea have so much evidence to be considered it's going to take longer. If City got hammered it's a tough decision, do they - for example -retrospectively lose their current Premiershit title? A hollow victory for Arsenal if so, and it's not like the Gunners would drag the open top bus out for a tour now. Could have a bearing on this season's title, then - though unlikely Pep would go anywhere and - if anything - more likely that all managers in the chasing pack would be slightly safer.

If City are guilty on the sort of scale we're talking about, then I don't see why they shouldn't face the same punishment as Juventus in Serie A, which would mean relegation to the Championship. It would have given them a material advantage for a number of years. I don't think they'd reassign trophies, and I suspect City could keep hold of their big stars for a single year in the Championship, where they would presumably win every game. De Bruyne and Haaland in the Championship...he'd score 100 goals.

10 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

If City are guilty on the sort of scale we're talking about, then I don't see why they shouldn't face the same punishment as Juventus in Serie A, which would mean relegation to the Championship. It would have given them a material advantage for a number of years. I don't think they'd reassign trophies, and I suspect City could keep hold of their big stars for a single year in the Championship, where they would presumably win every game. De Bruyne and Haaland in the Championship...he'd score 100 goals.

Well, yeah - I'm telling you now they wouldn't win every single game - amazing how big teams humbled like that struggle. Rangers opened their account in Scotland's fourth tier with an away draw at Peterhead, the following week, mind, they set a world record for a fourth tier attendance, somewhere around 44,000 paying spectators. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, yeah - I'm telling you now they wouldn't win every single game - amazing how big teams humbled like that struggle. Rangers opened their account in Scotland's fourth tier with an away draw at Peterhead, the following week, mind, they set a world record for a fourth tier attendance, somewhere around 44,000 paying spectators. 

There were articles about how Rangers wouldn't even concede all season let alone lose. It took little over 65 minutes for that to be wrong.

I'd be delighted if City and Chelsea got the same punishment as Rangers - stick 'em in League Two and see how they enjoy a wed Wednesday night at Gresty Road :D

25 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

I'd be delighted if City and Chelsea got the same punishment as Rangers - stick 'em in League Two and see how they enjoy a wed Wednesday night at Gresty Road :D

Hell yeah, I've been there in the wet, but on a Saturday as I recall

• Like 1

Derek Adams has left Morecambe to become Ross County manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mark Bonnar sacked, Cambridge United looking for a new manager!

I've got another hit!

Did well to get that side promoted last year then had 2 of their best players sold from under him on the eve of the season.

Guardiola or Klopp could take over that squad and they would still get relegated.

Leicester Leeds and Saints were all rubbish last year in getting relegated and lost key players in the close season but are nevertheless 3 of the top 4 in the championship now, shows the gap between the two leagues.

• Like 2

And now Sunderland have sacked Tony Mowbray! :huh:

I'll update tomorrow...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Sheff United have a tricky ownership situation which has bought Heckingbottom some time, said Rover.

Given he is about to be sacked, hold that update: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66908227

He's been about to be sacked for a whole day - he might get a new job first, though he's likely hanging on in the humiliation for the compo package when it comes.

30 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Chris Wilder in at Sheff Utd with a contract until summer 2025, so he'll get them promoted, get sacked and get replaced by Paul Heckingbottom, or summat!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cgelzg09q4yt

Paul Heckingbottom is my sixth hit

Not quite sure where my next one is coming from