Sign in to follow this  
Commtech Sio Bibble

The Dictionary Deadpool

Dumbfounded is 11 letters, not 10. Seems to be an issue as one of the letters is missing from the list.

What say you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, it seems both ‘dumbfounded’ and ‘dumfounded’ are accepted spellings in Merriam-Webster. 

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Dumbfounded is 11 letters, not 10. Seems to be an issue as one of the letters is missing from the list.

What say you?

That's my mistake, I just put down the wrong spelling (there's apparently two!?!?) on the team list. I'll make the excuse that I received that entree in the last minute of the game and didn't have time to check it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

That's my mistake, I just put down the wrong spelling (there's apparently two!?!?) on the team list. I'll make the excuse that I received that entree in the last minute of the game and didn't have time to check it.

In the Oxford Dictionary as per the rules? Well, I am dumbfounded.

"Dumfound" is also given as an alternative in the OED, but are we sure that's what BB meant? Was it M for Mangosuthu or B for Buthelezi?

1 minute ago, time said:

"Dumfound" is also given as an alternative in the OED, but are we sure that's what BB meant? Was it M for Mangosuthu or B for Buthelezi?

No they put the word they were using at the top of their submission. 

Dumfounder is in the OED, so I'll just message BB and ask for them to change the last letter, however because I've already posted teams now if it is a unique pick, I won't count it as one.

You know, I thought there would be few issues with such a simple game!

One more thing.

Bloody Suzie Dent! 

The “I” you have in my name is actually an “L”. Other than that, looks good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

First Hit of the Game is a Unique and Alliterative hit for @time with Robbie Robertson.

We didn't have to weight long for that!

premature submission. ignore.

I’m such an ass. I completely forgot to consider the Scrabble letter values when choosing my word. Oops rookie mistake :facepalm:

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 20:52, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

First Hit of the Game is a Unique and Alliterative hit for @time with Robbie Robertson.

Turns out I was wrong with Robertson being the first hit as Nobel Vega picked by @JoeMoneypenny died on the 7th and Doreen Mantle was a hit for @BabyBlue also died on the 9th.

Please do inform me when your picks die, I only figured out these two were dead because I stumbled across Vega whilst researching for another pool and recognised the name and then saw that Mantle had been picked whilst checking the list of teams. 

• Like 1

Sam Wurzelbacher AKA Joe the Plumber, appears to be a unique hit for me. I stupidly used him as an ‘S’ though.

• Thanks 1

Nelson Broms seems to be the first faller from my list here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got Shane too.

• Like 1

I have updated the scoreboard for Kissinger & MacGowan, I have been updating it as the big deaths have been happening but if I've missed a Mongolian Ice Skater that you've picked do tell me.

• Thanks 1

Shouldn't I have 3 points? One each for Oleg and Shane, and one for Oleg being a unique pick.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

Shouldn't I have 3 points? One each for Oleg and Shane, and one for Oleg being a unique pick.

Yeah that's my bad Oleg Protopopov is a unique someone else has Oleg Grigoryev and I mistakenly marked him as dead at the same time, I'll fix that now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1