Sign in to follow this  
Toast

What are you drinking?

Nuez Daiquiri

Rum, walnut liqueur, lime, apple juice

Disappointed with this.  Agree with the person who left the comment - the nocello doesn't go well with the sharpness of the lime juice.

In future I shall stick to creamy cocktails for my nocello.

Incidentally the nocello (walnut liqueur) is home-made from green walnuts. It has taken about six years for it to become really drinkable, as it had a bitter aftertaste which receded year by year.  It was my own fault for putting in too many walnuts.  Less is sometimes more.  It's delicious now though, and worth the wait.

Orange Bloom Martini

Gin, triple sec,  Martini Rosso

Ahh, now this is very nice. Just the three ingredients but a lovely balance of flavours.

Frozen Jagerita

Jagermeister, triple sec, lime juice, sugar syrup

Blended with crushed ice

Shockingly good!  Tastes like cola, but much better.

OH wanted a hot chocolate because that’s what his kind (teetotallers) drink for kicks. I made myself one too but I put a double shot of Monkey Shoulder in mine and it’s fucking glorious.

• Like 1

Curious Jackalope, as suggested on the Drumshanbo gin website: Double measure of Drumshanbo (a lovely zingy and slightly flinty gin), lime juice, grapefruit juice, dash of Monin syrup.

A bit of nostalga (dangerous, I know) struck me after reading the thread and a few weeks ago I picked up a bottle of Bacardi White Rum.  Memories of summers past.  

It has been a slog this week, so I finally got around to cracking open the bottle.  Tastes exactly like I recall.  Starting my third rum & coke.  Tomorrow should be interesting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evil Grimace said:

A bit of nostalga (dangerous, I know) struck me after reading the thread and a few weeks ago I picked up a bottle of Bacardi White Rum.  Memories of summers past.  

It has been a slog this week, so I finally got around to cracking open the bottle.  Tastes exactly like I recall.  Starting my third rum & coke.  Tomorrow should be interesting. 

I’m also on the white rum. Wray, in a mix of lemonade and grapefruit juice.

• Like 1

I am not that fancy with my drinks in all honesty.

Rum or Whiskey with Coke. Jägermeister with RedBull. Those are my main choices. A Modelo with Lime is rather nice as well

8 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Jägermeister with RedBull.

God rest my fucking teenage soul who got bollocksed on this so many times. Can’t face the stuff now.

• Haha 3

Last night was Glenmorangie. This morning it’s Irn Bru. 

• Like 1

I’m a huge fan of James May’s Asian Parsnip gin as I’ve mentioned before, so recently I ordered his new concoction, initially just referred to as ‘Mystery Bottle’, but what turned out to be a flavour confusingly called ‘London Drizzle’. These, as it turns out, are the botanicals:

IMG_8403.thumb.jpeg.328b46f2d12dd708c7e0180474c1d342.jpeg

I was apprehensive as I loathe and detest beetroot, and when I poured a neat measure of it there was a definite aroma of beetroot and immediately resigned myself to the possibility I’d bought a £40 drain cleaner.

Once you add the ice and med tonic, though, it is utterly gorgeous. It’s earthy, mineral yet mouthwatering (and, crucially, not beetrooty). I suppose it is kind of reminiscent of when it has freshly chucked it down with rain. Perhaps not London rain, though; there’s no hint of diesel particulates or port dust.

On 15/10/2023 at 02:26, Paul Bearer said:

Last night was Glenmorangie. This morning it’s Irn Bru. 

Since it isn’t sold here, I was certain I had the only bottles of IRN-BRU in America; and well that may be true, I recently discovered a nearby supplier: Canada.  Can you believe it?!  No one there knows what it is.  It’s like my personal stash.

Speaking of which, here’s my Glenmorangie display. Enjoy!

IMG_3987.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Since it isn’t sold here, I was certain I had the only bottles of IRN-BRU in America; and well that may be true, I recently discovered a nearby supplier: Canada.  Can you believe it?!  No one there knows what it is.  It’s like my personal stash.

Speaking of which, here’s my Glenmorangie display. Enjoy!

IMG_3987.jpeg

Impressive. 

Sloe Gin, made by Ma TQR last year. It’s rocket fuel but my god it’s smooth and delicious.

• Like 1

I meant to make some sloe gin this year. Must go out and see if there are any sloes left. 

In other news, I bought a bottle of Benedictine yesterday.  I was hoping that Sainsburys would have it in time for Christmas so I could buy it with my Nectar points, but there's no sign of it, nor Calvados which is the other thing I am hankering after.  I blame all the endless flavoured gins and vodkas which have monopolised the shelf space.

Have just had a B&B, gorgeous.  Brandy and Benedictine.  Not had that for a long time.

While in the off licence I spotted a bottle of Crème de Pêches, reduced from £15.99 to a tenner.  Snapped it up.  Turned out that the screw top was faulty, luckily they are mostly standard and a rummage in the recycling produced a suitable replacement.

Gabriel-boudier-creme-de-peche-liqueur-gallery_blowup_1800x1800.jpg?v=1653564431

Just put the Crème de Pêches to good use in a Cordial Inviter

Brandy, crème de pêches, dry vermouth

Strong and tasty.

• Like 1

This is a cracker.

Homely Smoke

Brandy, amaretto,  Islay single malt, honey syrup, angostura bitters.

The Amaretto is forward, but the Lagavulin stays smokily in the mouth for a long finish.  Highly recommended.

I might have to make another one now :wub:

• Like 1

The idea of whisky what tastes of peanut butter seems vulgar.  If it isn’t so bad, please advise (note: I love peanut butter but fail to see how that and whisky coexist)

• Confused 1

**Wine wanker alert**

Some lovely Kentish Bacchus. Gooseberry, zest and elderflower palate, for some zip not dissimilar to a NZ SB, except with an oleaginous mouthfeel you'd expect from a mature Riesling or similar.

• Like 1

Raspberry Saaremaa gin with traditional Estonian herrings, boiled potatoes and eggs. Weird combination of flavours but gooood shit.

PXL_20231120_191058832.thumb.jpg.d8d69272ff54aab44b79d07fdbce0c4a.jpg

• Like 4

This arrived today.  It's absolutely gorgeous.

Giffard Banane du Brésil

Now to find some cocktails where it will shine.  A lot that I've looked at are far too "busy" with other ingredients.

61bRUxo4o0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2