Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2024 List

The 2024 DL is about to fall behind the 2014 DL, if this drought continues until 30th June it will also fall behind the 2009 DL, although I think this drought will end before 5th July, probably some of these will give the expected result soon: Carter, Chomsky, Redgrave, Kennedy or Greenspan.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Trome said:

The 2024 DL is about to fall behind the 2014 DL, if this drought continues until 30th June it will also fall behind the 2009 DL, although I think this drought will end before 5th July, probably some of these will give the expected result soon: Carter, Chomsky, Redgrave, Kennedy or Greenspan.

Sonny Rollins, Sly Stone, Joe Bugner, Denis Law, Josef Fritzl along with the names I suggested a few posts above (Woodward, Brokaw, Flack, Rantzen, Starmer-Smith, Baxter and Gall) that could provide hit successes. 

Bob Newhart should certainly not be discounted too. Never rule out the  potential of a surprise with a name that none of us are expecting imminently such as Hans Blix or Patricia Routledge.

Honestly, everyone’s talking about Carter and Chomsky but I can’t understand how Woodward is still with us. She should have been nº2 on the list also. I sense she can be a hit soon.

What's happening now is highly unlikely. The list is not bad, has a ridicolous amount of decrepit nonagenarians that one of them should randomly die each month.

Carter, Chomsky or Woodward have demonstrated their immortality. But among the others Murray, Greenspan, Kennedy, Laine, Gall, Brooks, Skinner (Immortal material), Baxter, Routledge, Hackman, Blix, Newhart (how still alive?), Farrakhan, Tebbit, Nelson, Flack, Marcos, Rollins could die at any moment.

The result until now is just fucking nonsensical and does not depend on list quality.

• Like 11

This is a pretty unique DL year in general, because usually at this time of the year there's been a couple of deaths by former DL picks too, yet names like Minnelli, Hurd, Attenborough, Faithfull and Ronstadt are all still alive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

What's happening now is highly unlikely. The list is not bad, has a ridicolous amount of decrepit nonagenarians that one of them should randomly die each month.

Carter, Chomsky or Woodward have demonstrated their immortality. But among the others Murray, Greenspan, Kennedy, Laine, Gall, Brooks, Skinner (Immortal material), Baxter, Routledge, Hackman, Blix, Newhart (how still alive?), Farrakhan, Tebbit, Nelson, Flack, Marcos, Rollins could die at any moment.

The result until now is just fucking nonsensical and does not depend on list quality.

Maybe Tebbit will keel over in shock on the morning of 5 July. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Maybe Tebbit will keel over in shock on the morning of 5 July. 

No. He will wait until  12 October. 40th anniversary. 

On 01/01/2024 at 01:18, Genfærd said:

Came to write the same thing.

Could easily be a record breaking list.

Idiot.

• Haha 8