16 minutes ago, TQR said:

Bloody Fucking hell. They've just abandoned a medal race in the Fucking Sailing because too much wind. Restarting some point later. I guess it's good news for GB as they were down in Fucking 6th.

Sounds Fucking ridiculous to me. It wasn't dangerous, it was inconvenient. Surely if you're a sailor, they're the breaks. Up to you to make the best of it. These are some of the best sailors in the world, surely to win a gold medal you need to be able to think on your feet and adapt to conditions?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Sounds Fucking ridiculous to me. It wasn't dangerous, it was inconvenient. Surely if you're a sailor, they're the breaks. Up to you to make the best of it. These are some of the best sailors in the world, surely to win a gold medal you need to be able to think on your feet and adapt to conditions?

These things are more tightly regulated after the Fastnet disaster in 1979.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TQR said:

You're attempting to make out there is uproar to stoke up hatred, possibly because you've either read the Daily Heil or listened to the spiteful ramblings of your family.

How the fuck are you still here?

It's the main news on all Italian media. Surely not a storm in a teacup.

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Are you confusing the fucking boxing story with the fucking windy fucking sailing story?

;-)

20 minutes ago, drol said:

No, just Italian tears in a teacup. Khelif has the backing of her opponents (including Carini) as well as the IOC in terms of eligibility. End of story.

Anyway, the Fucking Sailing is back on. No, wait, it's just been Fucking abandoned mid-race AGAIN :facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Many many people are angry. Cunty Crem, his cunty dad, his cunty uncle, his cunty mum, cunty JK Rowling...

Well, to be fair them and everyone like them on X (formerly Twitter) 

Surely it's only a matter of time before Trump and Farage wade in, tasty, or summat 

32 minutes ago, msc said:

These things are more tightly regulated after the Fastnet disaster in 1979.

Thanks for that, just done a bit of reading on it. Clearly a disaster and I'm not an expert at all on sailing and understand the need for caution in open water, but this is a medal race, there's only 10 boats on the water and the issue is more a lack of wind than a Force 11 Storm as in 1979, which frankly sounds like a ludicrous situation to send 303 ships out in anyway, and you shouldn't need a safety re-think to tell you that.

26 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Thanks for that, just done a bit of reading on it. Clearly a disaster and I'm not an expert at all on sailing and understand the need for caution in open water, but this is a medal race, there's only 10 boats on the water and the issue is more a lack of wind than a Force 11 Storm as in 1979, which frankly sounds like a ludicrous situation to send 303 ships out in anyway, and you shouldn't need a safety re-think to tell you that.

tbh I misread it as too much wind, hence the reference! But like you, I am not an expert (or even a dilettante) on sailing!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

tbh I misread it as too much wind

Eh? Isn't that exactly what he said? too much, not too little?

Maybe I'm mis-reading the mis-read.

54 minutes ago, TQR said:

No, just Italian tears in a teacup

I wondered about this. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it - "I've never been hit so hard" had me thinking that whilst a woman may not have the physical ability to hit as hard as a man, is there a physiogical difference between the sexes in 'taking' a punch? Certainly in pain terms I've often seen it quoted as due to childbirth women could take more pain than men (again, rightly or wrongly and with no judgment on my part).

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

tbh I didn't see it - TQR says too much wind, Rover says too little, I haven't a clue what's going on now! :D

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

Earlier it was too Fucking windy, the second abandonment was because it wasn’t Fucking windy enough.

• Thanks 2

Just now, msc said:

tbh I didn't see it - TQR says too much wind, Rover says too little, I haven't a clue what's going on now! :D

That's two of us. I read TQR as too much and Rover not specifying at all, just responding to TQR.

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Earlier it was too Fucking windy, the second abandonment was because it wasn’t Fucking windy enough.

I didn't know the Three Fucking Bears had even fucking entered.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Gordon Murray dead: Creator of childrens' classics Trumpton and Camberwick  Green dies aged 95 | Metro News

• Haha 2

Yep. There was no way Simone Biles wasn’t getting that Fucking Gold for the US. She’s one of those few all-time great Fucking Olympians who’ve become completely synonymous with their sport. What a spectacle.

7 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Big controversy in the Boxing as a suspected DSD athlete wins in the Women’s boxing. Many many people are very angry. 

i think this whole situation just proves to me that conservates cant define what a woman is as she was very blatantly a cis woman.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yep. There was no way Simone Biles wasn’t getting that Fucking Gold for the US. She’s one of those few all-time great Fucking Olympians who’ve become completely synonymous with their sport. What a spectacle.

I'm pleased Andrade made her work for it though.

Meanwhile, sadly it's looking like Andy Fucking Murray has reached the end of the road thanks to Taylor Fucking Fritz and Tommy Fucking Paul. Fucking Yanks.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

No, just Italian tears in a teacup. Khelif has the backing of her opponents (including Carini) as well as the IOC in terms of eligibility. End of story.

Anyway, the Fucking Sailing is back on. No, wait, it's just been Fucking abandoned mid-race AGAIN :facepalm::lol:

BBC1 has just talked about in primetime and called it very controversial before I switched over to stop my dad ranting.

It will have a wider effect n politics in the UK not just on sport. 

14 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Meanwhile, sadly it's looking like Andy Fucking Murray has reached the end of the road thanks to Taylor Fucking Fritz and Tommy Fucking Paul. Fucking Yanks.

It's not looking good, but after the last couple of games I'd still not count the Fucking Fucks out yet. 

EDIT, 10 mins later:

• Sad 1

The Mafia are Italian, right? Just sayin'

453606555_10161898760192292_170508266773

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Until recently the likes of Rowling never called DSD people male but now they  do and that’s a very worrying development. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

once again, im convinced these people truly cannot identify what a woman is.

Bit of Deathlist style mention on the BBC tonight with the commentators praising how well Dawn Fraser looks. 

Tomorrow is a fucking massive day for Team GB.