The Erl King

Richard Widmark

does anyone know how richard widmarks health is

[topics merged - Teddy]

Well, some say he's doing poorly, others say he'll be around for fall 2008.

It'll probably be more useful news when they tell him, and whether he accepts or declines the chance to receive the award in person.

whats the latest with richard widmark.

[ Topics Merged - ff ]

Edited by football_fan

A little while back I posted about how Widmark's old friend Karl Malden was out & about getting coffee. I am now going to top this rather auspicious posting by revealing that Widmark is still active, if only in the art of ordering & eating fudge, if nothing else.

All that fudge can't be good for the arteries can it? :unsure:

That's hit number 5 then...

It's now five in the books and it's looking more like spring everyday here in New York! Beautiful.

65 films made in over five decades.

His first film was 'Kiss of Death' (1947) He played a psychopathic killer and tied up an elderly woman with a cord ripped from a lamp and threw her down a flight of stairs.

It's now five in the books and it's looking more like spring everyday in New York! Beautiful.

65 films made in over five decades.

His first film was 'Kiss Of Death' (1947) He played a psychopathic killer and tied up an elderly woman with a cord ripped from a lamp and threw her down a flight of stairs.

Well that's the tagline written... :P

It's also another hit (a 9th!) for Mr Godot and his waiting list, which puts him top of the heap!

It's now five in the books and it's looking more like spring everyday here in New York! Beautiful.

Out of interest, what was your reaction on hearing this piece of news? Are you now satiated? Did you perchance jilt backwards and maybe, say, pump you're (sic) fists towards you're (ditto) chest? Did you allow yourself to be involved with practices or habits or addictions that you shouldn't be associated with (bishop bashing perhaps?)? Did you tell you're (habitual fault) husband what just happened, did he refuse to speak with you? Did you start saying explicit sh*t out of excitement and then after 90 seconds come back to earth?

Finally how was it for you? I mean the quality and expectancy of this death? Perhaps you reacted with a short, slow nod. Almost grinning, though of course you don't go all the way.

Just curious like.

No one guessed Widmark on the poll

You would probably say we were wid of the mark :tumbleweed:

Anyway, time to go vote for Dunny like the silent majority...perhaps?

one of mine

Guest See Post #37

Richard Widmark died this afternoon, in case none of you had noticed. Here's the link.

Richard Widmark is the 5th success of 2008.

He is the 165th since 1987.

The 2008 list is now in 15th place, shared with 1992 and 1993, out of a possible 22 lists.

Someone mentioned Kiss of Death as the tagline, but Death of a Gunfighter isn't bad either.

Personally, a great shame. As I mentioned before, he was one of my favourite living actors & one of the true stars of the past. But, looking at it objectively, 93 is a good innings, he had stopped making any films & I have plenty of DVD's with him in to remember him by.

Well done to Deathlist & all those who chose him on DP's.

How bizarre (but these things often happen) that Abby Mann should die 24 hours later, when they both worked on the same film! (Judgement At Nuremberg - Damn fine film, by the way)

Looks like all that fudge got him in the end... ;)

Someone mentioned Kiss of Death as the tagline, but Death of a Gunfighter isn't bad either.

Personally, a great shame. As I mentioned before, he was one of my favourite living actors & one of the true stars of the past. But, looking at it objectively, 93 is a good innings, he had stopped making any films & I have plenty of DVD's with him in to remember him by.

Well done to Deathlist & all those who chose him on DP's.

How bizarre (but these things often happen) that Abby Mann should die 24 hours later, when they both worked on the same film! (Judgement At Nuremberg - Damn fine film, by the way)

Looks like all that fudge got him in the end... ;)

Max Schell will have to watch himself then...;)

Aww this is a sad one for me. I really liked him. Shame.

I've noticed that we have yet to be credited with Widmark on the DDP, am I missing something? We need to check the rest, I just haven't the time what with moving and all.

I've noticed that we have yet to be credited with Widmark on the DDP, am I missing something? We need to check the rest, I just haven't the time what with moving and all.

Yes - Widmark wasn't entered by DL on the DDP, that's why.

I can hardly give DL credit for people they DIDN'T pick, now, can I? ;)

Ironically, a few of the DL dead this year weren't picked as the DDP team - the 19 (19, of course, because DL inexpiciably picked Frankie Laine & then submitted it, without noticing in time) chosen were;

Ronnie Biggs

Fidel Castro

Arthur C Clarke :crossbone:

Fats Domino :crossbone:

Kirk Douglas

W. Mark Felt

Michael Foot

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Charlton Heston :crossbone:

Albert Hofmann :crossbone:

Claude Lévi-Strauss

Herbert Lom