weasel

World War I Veteran(s)

Henry Allingham reaches symbolic 111 years, 11 months and 11 days. Seems to be doing okay, although certainly not as well as a year ago.

He's a fortnight short of 112 now. Which is a small number in comparison to the tonnage of deadpool points the massed ranks of international corpse fanciers plan to cash in when he cashes in, or summat.

Guest Scot

Alfred Anderson, the Scots WW1 vet who was also Scotland's oldest man, was my great - grandfather's brother - so that makes me his great -great nephew. I actually knew him well and often used to call and see him when i went home to Scotland. We always got on well and although I'm only his great - great nephew, he always called me his nephew Scot.

Alfred Anderson, the Scots WW1 vet who was also Scotland's oldest man, was my great - grandfather's brother - so that makes me his great -great nephew. I actually knew him well and often used to call and see him when i went home to Scotland. We always got on well and although I'm only his great - great nephew, he always called me his nephew Scot.

So you're a Scot, and your name is "Scot". I don't suppose you could complete the hattrick and tell us that your surname is Scott.

Guest Scot

So you're a Scot, and your name is "Scot". I don't suppose you could complete the hattrick and tell us that your surname is Scott.

No, sorry Cowboy Ronnie. My surname is Smart. Actually, I was christened Scott - spelt with two Ts - but my brother David once wrote it as Scot.

Guest Scot

No, sorry Cowboy Ronnie. My surname is Smart. Actually, I was christened Scott - spelt with two Ts - but my brother David once wrote it as Scot.

That war vet with the broken hip is a good DL prospect.

Guest An Unbelieving Scot

First one to shout oxymoron wins!

That war vet with the broken hip is a good DL prospect.

He would be a good prospect if he hadn't already died

17,500+ members for the Facebook group to give the last surviving WW1 vet a state funeral.

What if Harry or Henry doesn't want one?

Guest Scot

17,500+ members for the Facebook group to give the last surviving WW1 vet a state funeral.

What if Harry or Henry doesn't want one?

The one with the dodgy hip's gone, has he? Oh, well, Henry Allingham's a good bet I'd reckon. Harry Patch'll probably hang on, though.

How many WW1 vets has Germany got now?

Hmm, now let me see...

by the way, how do you manage to mess up the quote function Every. Single. Bloody. Time. You. Post?

Hmm, now let me see...

by the way, how do you manage to mess up the quote function Every. Single. Bloody. Time. You. Post?

I wonder if they go through the whole process of giving the last remaining Tommy a state funeral and then find another one still alive in a nursing home somewhere

Guest Scot
Hmm, now let me see...

I wonder if they go through the whole process of giving the last remaining Tommy a state funeral and then find another one still alive in a nursing home somewhere

Because I haven't got a quote function on my computer. My computer's a old one - but I'm going to replace it once I've paid for my motorbike.

Hmm, now let me see...

Because I haven't got a quote function on my computer. My computer's a old one - but I'm going to replace it once I've paid for my motorbike.

You don't need a quote function on the computer. All you need to do is look at the tags when you reply. if you close the quote tag it will fix itself.

Guest Darren
Hmm, now let me see...

You don't need a quote function on the computer. All you need to do is look at the tags when you reply. if you close the quote tag it will fix itself.

Please will you leave my brother alone. He doesn't work with computers all day long like you people. He has a very important job as a hospital porter in Newcastle and we are all very proud of him. I am a better at computers and have found the quote function.

I like this site, I hear there is a convention coming up. We are all keen to go but maybe we could have one in Glasgow. I have many relatives who I could bring along too. Who do I contact about the get together? Are dogs allowed?

'Cos he's a fekin moron

Guest Guest_terminator_*

'Cos he's a fekin moron

Hmm, now let me see...

Please will you leave my brother alone. He doesn't work with computers all day long like you people. He has a very important job as a hospital porter in Newcastle and we are all very proud of him. I am a better at computers and have found the quote function.

I like this site, I hear there is a convention coming up. We are all keen to go but maybe we could have one in Glasgow. I have many relatives who I could bring along too. Who do I contact about the get together? Are dogs allowed?

What a shame you're unable to demonstrate that you have grasped the concept of how to use the quote function

Happy birthday Henry Allingham. Respect for 112 years on the planet.

If you're feeling generous it would suit my HPDP standings if you wait for Billy Graham to die and then go just before the Right Reverend Ian Cundy, cheers mate!

Happy birthday Henry Allingham. Respect for 112 years on the planet.

If you're feeling generous it would suit my HPDP standings if you wait for Billy Graham to die and then go just before the Right Reverend Ian Cundy, cheers mate!

Just saw him on TV at the flypast, looking so dandy and so fine.

Harry Patch becomes a supercentenarian. Unlike Henry, he eschews the 'live fast, die old' method of wine, women and song, but each to their own.

Happy Birthday, Harry.

Reminds me of the joke...

A doctor tells the man in his surgery that he has less than a year to live.

" I suggest giving up alcohol, sex and smoking." says the doctor.

" Will I live longer then, Doctor?" asks the man.

" No, it'll just seem like it."