Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

13 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American actor Don Penny (Wikidead at 91

He appeared in The Lieutenant, That Girl, Bewitched, Please Don't Eat the Daises and The Danny Thomas Show.

image.thumb.png.bed5e216ba572b7b3261586907a131c4.png

Euro blocked.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Euro blocked.

Screenshot_20240517-113808_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5569c971db0428fae0c476ee953a8d2c.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

Aww we went four years without losing a Columbo villain despite many of them being advanced in age now.

Great actor.

IIRC he was caught at least in part by leaves falling onto his truck while he was pretending to be a gardener, because the tree from which they came was only found in the vicinity of the murder. Poisoned the champagne?

He was ok in that, obviously I'm going to remember him for many things but 9 To 5 was really incredible. Also a previous DDP pick of mine.

• Like 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

IIRC he was caught at least in part by leaves falling onto his truck while he was pretending to be a gardener, because the tree from which they came was only found in the vicinity of the murder. Poisoned the champagne?

He was ok in that, obviously I'm going to remember him for many things but 9 To 5 was really incredible. Also a previous DDP pick of mine.

Put a sleeping drug in the booze, strangled the wife. It's a messy episode. Columbo never actually proves the guy did it, and they cast Shera Danese (Mrs Falk) in an important role only for her to have a fight with Falk and go AWOL from filming leading to the ending being rewritten on the spot. But despite all that, Coleman is easily the best thing in it and he was one of those actors who just added class to shows and films, be they On Golden Pond or The Muppets!

• Like 1

TBH I can only really remember Little Richard having a cameo and the rest is a blur. Which does Coleman a disservice given that's moreso the episode's fault than his own.

Though I second Willz in loving him as the slimy boss in 9 to 5. RIP.

• Like 2

Cloak and Dagger is a good movie that he was in.

• Like 2

Nobody mentioning Tootsie? Shame!

• Like 2

Just now, RetroGamer47 said:

Clicking on the link now pulls up “page not found” for me.

Hmm, all very exciting.

There are other informal reports, but let's see.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Put a sleeping drug in the booze, strangled the wife. It's a messy episode. Columbo never actually proves the guy did it, and they cast Shera Danese (Mrs Falk) in an important role only for her to have a fight with Falk and go AWOL from filming leading to the ending being rewritten on the spot. But despite all that, Coleman is easily the best thing in it and he was one of those actors who just added class to shows and films, be they On Golden Pond or The Muppets!

I always remember that one for Columbo driving off into the sunset playing the surprisingly catchy fake song.

Death removed from Wikipedia. Nobody else reporting it, including TMZ, which so often is the first source for knowing who died.

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

Death removed from Wikipedia. Nobody else reporting it, including TMZ, which so often is the first source for knowing who died.

The only thing I’m hanging on is fellow Hollywood 80s actor, James Woods posted a tribute.

Long live the Immortal Dabney Coleman!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Original Facebook and Instagram posts have been deleted too. Either someone jumped the gun or he’s close to deaths door.

• Like 2

:/ :( Now I don't know if I should take him off, as a hit, for me. Or wait, and see what transpires.

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

No statement from Dolly or any of his other notable co-stars either. Or Disney, who I think now owns over a quite films with him in it - including 9 to 5, Muppets Take Manhattan, and many more.

• Like 1

My honest guess is Alison Marino, Hollywood insider and Coleman’s friend who reported it, prematurely did so before the family was ready. I still think he is gone but other news sites are waiting on official word from the family. Could also explain why James Woods’ tweet is still up. In any event we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Hollywood actor Michael McKean just threw this up. Can’t see all of these guys in Hollywood falsely reporting because it’s “trending on Twitter”

IMG_1573.jpeg

• Like 1

Apparently another source called WKRC is saying he died…https://local12.com/amp/news/entertainment/report-actor-dabney-coleman-passes-away-dead-death-age-92-melvin-howard-on-golden-pond-tootsie-movies-film-television-emmy-award Don’t know how reliable it is since nothing is really explained here, but it’s just something I wanted to point out.

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

• Like 1

It's been a while now.

Either Dabney is sitting back enjoying a bourbon and relishing the massive admiration, or he's gone.

Normally by now you'd have a denial. That's not happened.

Limbo, limbo!

• Like 1